Optimal fan configuration for my case (Define C)

Acquire

So  I'm seeking some thoughts on my current fan configuration for my Fractal Design Define C.

Currently I have be quiet silent wings 3s (non high speed pwm versions) on the front and rear. Two 140mm in front and one 120mm on back.

On top I have the Fractal Design Celsius S24 with the stock fans it came with. The radiator is set as exhaust and on auto mode, which keeps the fans at very low speeds.

Right now things run pretty quiet and cool. Under gaming load the GPU gets to 76C at 42% fan speed and the CPU will be about 75C.  The main thing I've noticed is that the silent wings fans, while beautifully quiet, appear to barely move any air even at higher speeds, especially the front intake.

If noctua made their standard fans in black I'd get them all around.

Anyways, any suggestions on possible improvements for this setup?   Ideally I want all black fans.  Would high static pressure fans be better on the front intake or even on the rear? Should I just leave it alone? 

IMG_20170930_025754.jpg

Thrive on change. Embrace volatility.

You have a net value of 1 fan blowing out so you have a negative pressure in your case. If you add any fans try to add another 1 or 2 intake fans that are filtered. Air Flow optimized fans should work fine on regular intakes, Static Pressure fans for the rad though

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

The Define C has honestly sub-par front air intake, so you might actually want to use static pressure fans up there, but really if temps are in check then there's no point wasting money on fans.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

9 minutes ago, Theguywhobea said:

You have a net value of 1 fan blowing out so you have a negative pressure in your case. If you add any fans try to add another 1 or 2 intake fans that are filtered. Air Flow optimized fans should work fine on regular intakes, Static Pressure fans for the rad though

It's not possible to add more fans. Also, the cooler is set on auto mode, which barely spins the fans up.

Thrive on change. Embrace volatility.

Temps are good, you won't gain much by changing things around.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Your temps are good.

How are you determining that the fans are barely moving air?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/30/2017 at 10:48 AM, Acquire said:

It's not possible to add more fans. Also, the cooler is set on auto mode, which barely spins the fans up.

Absolutely not true.

The top of the power supply shroud on the front side of the case is removable (also need to move your HDD stand) to allow another 120mm fan to be added to the front and bottom of the case.

I would do this if you're looking into increasing the cooling in your case. Also would create positive pressure which is good for cooling and for avoiding dust build-up.