Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

So I have this trash Pc I like to call it, it’s a AMD a8 7650k, Asus a68hm-k, 4gb ram, and a r9 280x. The other day I used it to get my main Ryzen build to work I just put my main hard drives on this computer (was stuck in auto repair loop) and the pc turned on worked perfectly I got my Ryzen build back up and running. I’m trying to sell this pc however and when I tried to turn it on today nothing. My monitor turns on when a fly sends signal, there’s no signal from motherboard dvi, but the r9 makes my monitor light up but displays nothing. Any help would be appreciated 

Link to post
Share on other sites

First guess is motherboard, go with a visual check of the capacitory, see if any of them are pregnant.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTARRvgHqS5A39VjK7yNps

Then try unplugging RAM modules (one by one) and even start with zero isntalled. Then it should give you a beep code. If not, mainboard.

Might also be power supply. You can hot swap a working one in (unplug every thing from the old and use a different one, no installing into the case required).

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
21 minutes ago, staubgame said:

First guess is motherboard, go with a visual check of the capacitory, see if any of them are pregnant.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTARRvgHqS5A39VjK7yNps

Then try unplugging RAM modules (one by one) and even start with zero isntalled. Then it should give you a beep code. If not, mainboard.

Might also be power supply. You can hot swap a working one in (unplug every thing from the old and use a different one, no installing into the case required).

 

 

I swapped the psu, there was no visible damage or deformity to the motherboard as far as I could tell, neither ram sticks worked and none didnt change anything. I tried swapping hard drives still nothing. Also I’ve put the r9 in my Ryzen build and it displays  perfectly. 

Forgot to mention I think it’s cpu now because all my fans are turnin on and spinning but still nothing on the monitor

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, TristanG.Arellano said:

I swapped the psu, there was no visible damage or deformity to the motherboard as far as I could tell, neither ram sticks worked and none didnt change anything. I tried swapping hard drives still nothing. Also I’ve put the r9 in my Ryzen build and it displays  perfectly. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, TristanG.Arellano said:

I swapped the psu, there was no visible damage or deformity to the motherboard as far as I could tell, neither ram sticks worked and none didnt change anything. I tried swapping hard drives still nothing. Also I’ve put the r9 in my Ryzen build and it displays  perfectly. 

Forgot to mention I think it’s cpu now because all my fans are turnin on and spinning but still nothing on the monitor

 

That does sound like cpu indeed. You probably don't have a spare lying around, right? ;)

(We had that at my old workplace. Spare part for pretty much every component. Made testing a breeze)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
On 9/30/2017 at 2:07 AM, staubgame said:

That does sound like cpu indeed. You probably don't have a spare lying around, right? ;)

(We had that at my old workplace. Spare part for pretty much every component. Made testing a breeze)

 

No I don’t, I just got rid of my a10 app that would’ve worked so I’m stuck waiting for AMD to respond to my claim since it’s under warranty being bought only last December 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
On 9/30/2017 at 2:07 AM, staubgame said:

That does sound like cpu indeed. You probably don't have a spare lying around, right? ;)

(We had that at my old workplace. Spare part for pretty much every component. Made testing a breeze)

 

No I don’t, I just got rid of my a10 app that would’ve worked so I’m stuck waiting for AMD to respond to my claim since it’s under warranty being bought only last December 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×