Your Experience with Depression and Anxiety?

handymanshandle
Just now, Anghammarad said:

I didn't mean to scold or lecture... it is just a way of how our world should work, instead of how it is working right now.

Oh yeah, no. That's not how I was taking it. I agree though, people are often left settling for jobs they hate just so they can pay their bills.

As the saying goes, "Choose a job you love, so you'll never work a day in your life" or something like that.

I was commenting on how I've sorta settled for something, I actually don't really need right now. It was just something I wanted because I wanted to make something happen. 

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

3 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

Well it was really a smaller changes of attidues over time.

Every morning I make my bed up. Thats a small task right? easy. So there I go done. Thats one task done. However theres a whole day still ahead. I go to the kitchen and I make my breakfast and lunch for later. Thats another task done - making a healthy lunch. I get ready for the day (no need for details here). All done. I pack my bag and make sure everything is set. Those are two tasks which are already done before I head out the door.

I have a few exams to prepare for, so when I get to university the first thing I do is plan my day over a cup of coffee - its important to remember the little things in life. I get a long black. Its dark and bitter - but cheap. I love the taste, it reminds me of home. I set my day out alternating study every 45 minutes. Small times. Small tasks. By and by I finish these tasks and still eager to start another one, after all its just a small task that needs done - so why not do it now?

By 5pm I'm ready to go home. Its not the day before and exam and I've been here since 8. I feel ready to go home like I've accomplished a lot - after all I know in my mind and in my heart that I have finished many tasks - although small, I have worked on them the entire day. I get home and have dinner immediately and wash up just after - its just a plate, and cutlery after all - another small task.

I pack my bag for the day and make sure everything that is neccesary for the next day is ready. Its not a big thing to do. Its a small thing. I watch netflix for a while, then go to bed. Its a fully made bed. My day begins with it and ends with it. Just one small task can open up so much for the day. Just one more thing to accomplish and then suddenly you realise your potential to do so much more. The day is more filled.

TLDR: making your bed in the morning is pretty cool and comfy for when you get home. Its a small task, but it means no matter how bad your day goes you will always come back to a made bed.

You see, sometimes with depression you won't have the mental energy to go with even the smallest tasks.

What you are going for here is getting a "structured" day. Which while in deep depressional state just isn't possible.

Later on when a little on the mend (which imho isn't totally possible with depressions, because once your in, you'll be in for a lifetime, they come back when the least you expect them) it helps keeping things steady.

Main System:

Anghammarad : Asrock Taichi x570, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @4900 MHz. 32 GB DDR4 3600, some NVME SSDs, Gainward Phoenix RTX 3070TI

System 2 "Igluna" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

System 3 "Inskah" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

On the Road: Acer Aspire 5 Model A515-51G-54FD, Intel Core i5 7200U, 8 GB DDR4 Ram, 120 GB SSD, 1 TB SSD, Intel CPU GFX and Nvidia MX 150, Full HD IPS display

Media System "Vio": Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5700X, 64 GB Ram DDR4 3200 Mushkin, 1 275 GB Crucial MX SSD, 1 tb Crucial MX500 SSD. IBM 5015 Megaraid, 4 Seagate Ironwolf 4TB HDD in raid 5, 4 WD RED 4 tb in another Raid 5, Gainward Phoenix GTX 1060

(Abit Fatal1ty FP9 IN SLI, C2Duo E8400, 6 GB Ram DDR2 800, far too less diskspace, Gainward Phantom 560 GTX broken need fixing)

Nostalgia: Amiga 1200, Tower Build, CPU/FPU/MMU 68EC020, 68030, 68882 @50 Mhz, 10 MByte ram (2 MB Chip, 8 MB Fast), Fast SCSI II, 2 CDRoms, 2 1 GB SCSI II IBM Harddrives, 512 MB Quantum Lightning HDD, self soldered Sync changer to attach VGA displays, WLAN

2 minutes ago, wcreek said:

Oh yeah, no. That's not how I was taking it. I agree though, people are often left settling for jobs they hate just so they can pay their bills.

As the saying goes, "Choose a job you love, so you'll never work a day in your life" or something like that.

I was commenting on how I've sorta settled for something, I actually don't really need right now. It was just something I wanted because I wanted to make something happen. 

I will add, seeing as I want to make something else happen that my current job would take me a lot longer to achieve. Of all the time I've clocked this year, which could've been more arguably. I still am about to barely go over $10,000 before tax. Which don't get me wrong, is quite a bit of money but it took me a year to make that. It would take me a bit less than that if I was careful with my spending and saved a lot of money with that job I want to enable my move down to Alabama.

My guestimation is with a car, I might need around $10,000 to comfortably make that move, although I might want to budget for a little more for other stuff. Truthfully the car is gonna eat up at least half of that.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

1 minute ago, wcreek said:

I will add, seeing as I want to make something else happen that my current job would take me a lot longer to achieve. Of all the time I've clocked this year, which could've been more arguably. I still am about to barely go over $10,000 before tax. Which don't get me wrong, is quite a bit of money but it took me a year to make that. It would take me a bit less than that if I was careful with my spending and saved a lot of money with that job I want to enable my move down to Alabama.

My guestimation is with a car, I might need around $10,000 to comfortably make that move, although I might want to budget for a little more for other stuff. Truthfully the car is gonna eat up at least half of that.

I know where you are going at =) 

for the most time of my life I had to pay off the debt my parents (stepfather and mother) loaded on my shoulder due to forging documents, signature, grabbing the bills right of the mailman so I won't see them... So I was at 0 at the end of every month, because everything above that would have been taken away from me.

Then with my wife to care for, I had to rethink and change my behavior. After lots of years together I finally reached the "0" mark where no debt collectors were knocking on my door anymore and my wife taught me to put a little on the side.

Right now I like to have at least one full months wage on the side as emergency coin for minimum this will grow up to a 3 months worth again when I'm back at work over time. 

Else give yourself a budget, just an example... lets say you say for living, groceries etc you set yourself at 100 bucks/week (this includes all spendings like food, recreational "drugs" in my case tobacco (yes I smoke)) after the week is over, make a roundup of what is left. If it is only small change, keep it and put it into the next weeks 100 bucks, so you for example only get 95 bucks from your savings for that week. If you have "paper" left, put it into an envelope and store it somewhere safe. 

With that I manage to withdraw less from the savings, and put something on the side as emergency "coin" in that envelope.

As for future planning. Take a list of devices you need (washing machine, dryer, car) and estimate the bills for replacement/repairs and try to keep that in your savings as well. 

This will in the beginning restrict you financially, but in the long run it will help to cover unforseen things like a broken washing machine or a broken car. 

My tuppence on monetary issues.

Main System:

Anghammarad : Asrock Taichi x570, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @4900 MHz. 32 GB DDR4 3600, some NVME SSDs, Gainward Phoenix RTX 3070TI

System 2 "Igluna" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

System 3 "Inskah" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

On the Road: Acer Aspire 5 Model A515-51G-54FD, Intel Core i5 7200U, 8 GB DDR4 Ram, 120 GB SSD, 1 TB SSD, Intel CPU GFX and Nvidia MX 150, Full HD IPS display

Media System "Vio": Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5700X, 64 GB Ram DDR4 3200 Mushkin, 1 275 GB Crucial MX SSD, 1 tb Crucial MX500 SSD. IBM 5015 Megaraid, 4 Seagate Ironwolf 4TB HDD in raid 5, 4 WD RED 4 tb in another Raid 5, Gainward Phoenix GTX 1060

(Abit Fatal1ty FP9 IN SLI, C2Duo E8400, 6 GB Ram DDR2 800, far too less diskspace, Gainward Phantom 560 GTX broken need fixing)

Nostalgia: Amiga 1200, Tower Build, CPU/FPU/MMU 68EC020, 68030, 68882 @50 Mhz, 10 MByte ram (2 MB Chip, 8 MB Fast), Fast SCSI II, 2 CDRoms, 2 1 GB SCSI II IBM Harddrives, 512 MB Quantum Lightning HDD, self soldered Sync changer to attach VGA displays, WLAN

Oh and for those who think: 

Wait a minute... what does this have to do with depression?

Quite a lot I might say. Many depressions today are triggered with the sheer power of "angst" about how to be able to pay the bills and still get food on the table and keep the roof above my head.

Main System:

• 2 weeks later...

So I have the problem, that i said I'll get some help and then look forward. But my problem is that it's like my body tells me: "No you don't need help you can do this on your own." So I don't call a psychologist even though I want it sometimes. (sorry for bad englisch here..)