Your Experience with Depression and Anxiety?

handymanshandle

So prefacing this I should say, I am pretty certain I have Depression and Anxiety. I haven't seen a psychiatrist or general practitioner about it yet, I've been meaning to for a long while (almost a year now) because if those screening tests on some of those mental health websites that seem quite reputable are anything to go by there's a good chance I have it and on the basis of family history with the disorder and family history of other mental health issues there's also a good chance I have it (depression and anxiety).

Kinda got the idea of doing this thread from @Dan Castellaneta's thread about people's experience with Autism. 

I've never self harmed or have wanted to start self harming, and I've never really had suicidal thoughts. I more or less want to become a recluse and never really do much of anything I guess is how I would put it. 

For me I feel like addressing it and talking about it makes me feel like I'm being a burden on others and that maybe those issues are self made and not legitimate or something like that. Sometimes I can set aside the feeling of being a burden with those issues and talk about them, well kinda like I am now but I suppose I'm putting into a more open format that doesn't make me feel like talking about it is being burdening. 

But I definitely think it's best to talk about it but when when it feels like a burden to talk about as I said, it's something I generally want to ignore if I can and I know that's probably not the best idea...

Anyways I should wrap up my little rambling and get into the discussion...

So, do you or someone you know/love have depression or really any mental illness really and how has that been for you?

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

13 minutes ago, wcreek said:

I haven't seen a psychiatrist or general practitioner about it yet, I've been meaning to for a long while (almost a year now) because if those screening tests on some of those mental health websites that seem quite reputable are anything to go by there's a good chance I have it and on the basis of family history with the disorder and family history of other mental health issues there's also a good chance I have it (depression and anxiety).

hey there friendo. I suffer from genetic depression and i have a few things to say :)

first if you seek counsel (i recommend you do just to know) you arent going to be cured. it unfortunately doesnt work like that. you will learn things to help fight it.

also dont be discouraged if the first therapist doesnt work. when i was young (about 14) i went to a therapist who didnt work for me so stopped seeing him after a few months. than about 2 years ago i tried again with another woman and it clicked. worked wonders for my mental health

anyway onto my bit

basically my father has very severe depression. he saw a therapist for years but stopped a little while ago but has gotten much much better.

as for me my depression works differently. rather than becoming sad, overwhelmed or some other symptom, i become self destructive in a non-violent nature. i intentionally dont do things that i should be or i intentionally ruin relationships with people. anyway i cope better now than ever (i have seen a therapist for about a year) but stopped about a year ago. i went away to college but still check in with her from time to time when i go home

anyway heres a paper i wrote about depression and i go into a bit more depth about mine, and my fathers stories

i am minoring in psychology so this stuff is interesting to me

PSYC Self Analysis on Depression.docx

Main Rig | Personal Build | Windows 10 | R7 2700x 3.7~4.3ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B450-I | 16gb DDR4 3200mhz | GTX 1080 FE | Coolermaster Elite 130 | Corsair H60 | WD Blue SN500 500GB NVMe SSD + 1tb WD Green HDD + 1tb WD Blue HDD

Laptop | HP m6-w102dx | Windows 10 | i7-5500u 2.4~3.0ghz | 8gb DDR3L | GT 930m 2gb| 120gb Sandisk SSD

Phone | Pixel 3 | Verizon | 64gb

Just now, SlipperyPete said:

hey there friendo. I suffer from genetic depression and i have a few things to say :)

first if you seek counsel (i recommend you do just to know) you arent going to be cured. it unfortunately doesnt work like that. you will learn things to help fight it.

also dont be discouraged if the first therapist doesnt work. when i was young (about 14) i went to a therapist who didnt work for me so stopped seeing him after a few months. than about 2 years ago i tried again with another woman and it clicked. worked wonders for my mental health

No, I know it won't be automatically cured. It may never be "cured" but to understand it better and maybe possibly find something that might work to make it not like what it is now is worth the try but like I said it's been hard justifying it because like I said something about makes me doubt it but then the fact that it comes back makes me think that isn't nothing. So...

anyway onto my bit

basically my father has very severe depression. he saw a therapist for years but stopped a little while ago but has gotten much much better.

well that's good he's getting better

as for me my depression works differently. rather than becoming sad, overwhelmed or some other symptom, i become self destructive in a non-violent nature. i intentionally dont do things that i should be or i intentionally ruin relationships with people. anyway i cope better now than ever (i have seen a therapist for about a year) but stopped about a year ago. i went away to college but still check in with her from time to time when i go home

PSYC Self Analysis on Depression.docx

Idk for me sometimes I become like super self-aware/self conscious with a bunch of other things. So yeah overwhelming is accurate lol. 

2 minutes ago, wcreek said:

uper self-aware/self conscious with a bunch of other things. So yeah overwhelming is accurate lol. 

this is real for me. i say stupid things sometimes and i beat myself up over something to no end. i run situations over and over in my head and feel awful about them. things that happened 5+ years ago sometimes. just stupid shit. but to help myself with that i always listen to music. always if im not doing something im listening. on my way to class, driving, now, writing papers. when i start to get upset about something dumb i start focusing in the lyrics. makes a big difference for me.

its called conscious living. its great. i learned this from my therapist. when you are doing a mundane task dive into it fully. when you eat a meal just close your eyes and think about what you are doing. close your eyes and think about the texture, taste. its a great exercise that helps me a lot. applies to lots of things.

Main Rig | Personal Build | Windows 10 | R7 2700x 3.7~4.3ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B450-I | 16gb DDR4 3200mhz | GTX 1080 FE | Coolermaster Elite 130 | Corsair H60 | WD Blue SN500 500GB NVMe SSD + 1tb WD Green HDD + 1tb WD Blue HDD

Laptop | HP m6-w102dx | Windows 10 | i7-5500u 2.4~3.0ghz | 8gb DDR3L | GT 930m 2gb| 120gb Sandisk SSD

1 hour ago, wcreek said:

For me I feel like addressing it and talking about it makes me feel like I'm being a burden on others and that maybe those issues are self made and not legitimate or something like that.

There are times that I may be busy, but if you ever feel like talking, i'm all ears.

1 hour ago, SlipperyPete said:

this is real for me. i say stupid things sometimes and i beat myself up over something to no end.

I'm a goofball, I have said stupid shit, and will probably continue to say stupid shit.  It's mostly to make others laugh though, and if I offend or irritate someone, I usually apologize.

Long story short, don't beat yourself up too much, it's not healthy for you.

As far as depression is concerned, I'm surprisingly resilient to it.  That doesn't mean that I don't get depressed from time to time, we all do, and for those that have chronic depression.  Don't be afraid to talk about it, many people may feel vulnerable talking about these issues, which is understandable, but no good will come with just keeping it to yourself.

10 minutes ago, Cinnabar Sonar said:

Long story short, don't beat yourself up too much, it's not healthy for you.

i get and appreciate the sentiment i really do. unfortunately its not a feeling that i can just turn on or off. my depression is genetic so i was born with this. there is no cure so dealing with it is the only solution. some days are better than others but at the end of the day its always there.

anyway thank you for the kind words they mean alot :) 

7 minutes ago, SlipperyPete said:

i get and appreciate the sentiment i really do. unfortunately its not a feeling that i can just turn on or off. my depression is genetic so i was born with this. there is no cure so dealing with it is the only solution. some days are better than others but at the end of the day its always there.

I understand, sorry if it seemed like I was insinuating that you could just turn it off.  While I don't have chronic depression, I have some friends that do, sometimes it seems like every day is a constant battle for them.  Sadly, encouragement and listening to them when they're down, is the only thing that I can really do.

13 minutes ago, SlipperyPete said:

anyway thank you for the kind words they mean alot :) 

Anytime, and just like with wcreek, if you ever need to talk, i'm all ears.

48 minutes ago, Cinnabar Sonar said:

There are times that I may be busy, but if you ever feel like talking, i'm all ears.

Why thank you lol

I've also got Jake (If you dont look at sigs or have they turned off)

image.png.6fc850f2ade5ea68ed5d2a7b550b0377.png

53 minutes ago, Cinnabar Sonar said:

Don't be afraid to talk about it, many people may feel vulnerable talking about these issues, which is understandable, but no good will come with just keeping it to yourself.

That's why I've made this thread because I see many people in their status updates talk about depression so my hope is to kinda make this a place for them to talk about it to a more broader audience if they're willing to do that. It's really easy to bottle it or keep it to yourself. I do it quite a bit but when I need to "release" some of it, it just makes things worse I think. So for sure talking about it helps, a lot of. Because my work schedule is highly incompatible with when Jake is available to me I find it hard to really talk about it so I end up venting through other channels well people lol. Since I do heavily feel like those issues are a burden and fear that burden might be off putting. I mean I know that really isn't the case. But I guess it's just probably the anxiety making me excessively worry that my issues are too much of a burden.

26 minutes ago, wcreek said:

That's why I've made this thread because I see many people in their status updates talk about depression so my hope is to kinda make this a place for them to talk about it to a more broader audience if they're willing to do that.

That's very noble of you.

It's really easy to bottle it or keep it to yourself. I do it quite a bit but when I need to "release" some of it, it just makes things worse I think.

It usually does.  However, some people just need to be alone for a little bit.  Everyone handles depression a little differently.

Because my work schedule is highly incompatible with when Jake is available to me I find it hard to really talk about it so I end up venting through other channels well people lol.

That's what happens when you bottle something up for too long.  It explodes.

Since I do heavily feel like those issues are a burden and fear that burden might be off putting. I mean I know that really isn't the case. But I guess it's just probably the anxiety making me excessively worry that my issues are too much of a burden.

"If you have no greed, you will never get what you want in life"

While this quote isn't entirely accurate (I wouldn't consider anyone greedy for wanting to be physically or mentally well), the meaning very much apply's.  You need to look out for yourself first and foremost.  There are many people that are willing to lend an ear, don't be afraid to ask.  The biggest disservice that you can do to yourself, is not help yourself because you are afraid what other will think.

16 minutes ago, Cinnabar Sonar said:

"If you have no greed, you will never get what you want in life"

While this quote isn't entirely accurate (I wouldn't consider anyone greedy for wanting to be physically or mentally well), the meaning very much apply's. 

Yup

You need to look out for yourself first and foremost.  There are many people that are willing to lend an ear, don't be afraid to ask. 

For sure, I know there's enough people I can vent to and I know I've got a great guy who will be there when I need him and of course he knows I'll be there if he needs me. But that's something about me is I sometimes will look out for other people more than I sometimes look out for myself. But it's not selfish or greedy to the quote you made to lookout for yourself.

The biggest disservice that you can do to yourself, is not help yourself because you are afraid what other will think.

Yup. Like I said, I hate I feel that way because I know there are people who will be there if I need them and won't judge or w/e. But I guess out of fear of feeling selfish for bringing my own problems up or something like that I regretfully ignore it which compounds the issue into a bigger issue which does way more hard to solve a thought that had no either but it's given weight because of the excess worry.

28 minutes ago, Cinnabar Sonar said:

That's very noble of you.

I guess talking about what has been an issue for me maybe could help others with depression maybe understand it a little better too and can relate to some of what I'm saying and what others are saying. Because really I think it's easy to gloss over mental health but an open discussion about it I think can benefit everyone involved. It helps them understand what maybe it's like a little better if they haven't lived with it themselves or have had someone they were friends with or loved might be going through and for people who have it I think the open discussion helps them maybe understand their own experience with the disorder and just kinda everything in between. Which was another reason that now thinking about it feels a little selfish but it's something I felt I need to do so that makes really not that selfish and that is to get closer to directly addressing what's been knawing in my head.

However, some people just need to be alone for a little bit.  Everyone handles depression a little differently.

Yes, sometimes isolation is a solution and the thing with depression in it's varying degrees of severity you have varying degrees of how people experience that level of intensity. In a bubble I'd almost want to call it a spectrum but it's not. So. Idk.

That's what happens when you bottle something up for too long.  It explodes.

It's kinda like filling a glass jar with rocks there's really only so much the jar can take before it breaks or something like that

40 minutes ago, wcreek said:

For sure, I know there's enough people I can vent to and I know I've got a great guy who will be there when I need him and of course he knows I'll be there if he needs me. But that's something about me is I sometimes will look out for other people more than I sometimes look out for myself. But it's not selfish or greedy to the quote you made to lookout for yourself.

Perhaps the quote that I used wasn't the right one.

45 minutes ago, wcreek said:

Yup. Like I said, I hate I feel that way because I know there are people who will be there if I need them and won't judge or w/e. But I guess out of fear of feeling selfish for bringing my own problems up or something like that I regretfully ignore it which compounds the issue into a bigger issue which does way more hard to solve a thought that had no either but it's given weight because of the excess worry.

Your feelings, while hard to explain, is understandable.  Feel free to correct me if i'm wrong though.

You don't want to "burden" people (burden isn't the right word but I can't find a better one at the moment)

You are feeling down, and you don't want to make others sad as well. 

You don't want to bring your problems up ether by fear of seeming selfish, "burdening" others with negative emotions, or a little bit of both.

Most human beings feel this way, and I know that it is hard, but try not to worry about it.  Those that care about you would rather talk now then talk later after things have gotten worse.

58 minutes ago, wcreek said:

I guess talking about what has been an issue for me

It's an issue for most, you are quite brave for starting this subject.

1 hour ago, wcreek said:

maybe could help others with depression maybe understand it a little better too and can relate to some of what I'm saying and what others are saying. Because really I think it's easy to gloss over mental health but an open discussion about it I think can benefit everyone involved. It helps them understand what maybe it's like a little better if they haven't lived with it themselves or have had someone they were friends with or loved might be going through and for people who have it I think the open discussion helps them maybe understand their own experience with the disorder and just kinda everything in between.

Everyone has been depressed at least once in their life, which was usually caused by external factors.

Chronic depression is what most people have trouble understanding, this thread can definitely help with that, and I hope that it will.

1 hour ago, wcreek said:

Which was another reason that now thinking about it feels a little selfish but it's something I felt I need to do so that makes really not that selfish and that is to get closer to directly addressing what's been knawing in my head.

Again, I know it's hard, but try to stop doubting yourself so much.  Who cares why you started this thread, it has the potential to help many people, including yourself.  You should feel good about that.

So what if you make a fuck up every once in a while, we are all human, and thus never capable of achieving perfection.

1 hour ago, wcreek said:

Yes, sometimes isolation is a solution and the thing with depression in it's varying degrees of severity you have varying degrees of how people experience that level of intensity. In a bubble I'd almost want to call it a spectrum but it's not. So. Idk.

Another reason that this thread can be very helpful, people can talk about how they cope.

1 hour ago, wcreek said:

It's kinda like filling a glass jar with rocks there's really only so much the jar can take before it breaks or something like that

You get what I mean.

I think I chime in a little... 

I got diagnosed with a depressive episode... even though I'm kind of gifted with always waking up in a neutral mood. Where it goes form there, depends on the run of the day.

For me the now staying depression came after losing my wife due to a heart attack last year. She was just 47. Not directly then, but after the dust of the aftermath settled. Before that you could say I had some manic depressive episodes with the specific mood swings, for one high as on all drugs in the world, and then from one moment to the other in a really dark mood. When I got to the dark mood I usually slept it off. Not doing much but work, come home, eat, then sleep. This could go on for a few days, up to 1-2 weeks, until I went into neutral mode again. 

I lost the will to live, but was not suicidal. 

For me when the depression was on its worst, I couldn't do much more than play some stupid browser games all day, or sleep, cry, and that in a merry go round. 

Right now I'm quite ok. But that I was many times the last year. What I learned the hard way, when you really got hit with depression, no matter if genetically or due to trauma, it will never really leave you. It always lingers in the back of your head waiting to be triggered. 

Even though having had it kind of rough in life, until I met my wife, and then after losing her, I never lost my dark sense of humor, no matter what life did throw at me, I could joke about it, and always find ways that all could be worse than it happened. In germany we call that "Galgenhumor". 

So even with no suicidal thoughts you can be suicidal subconsciously. This shows for example in the way you eat, how you handle your health etc. So while not really thinking about suicide, you can subconsciously go for a slow one by feeding yourself with stuff that will kill you in the long run... just an example energy drinks like red bull in higher doses each day... etc. I think I don't need to go further with this ;)

Have I reached out for help? With friends and family yes. Visited a psychiatrist, no. Why you may ask. I try to explain. 

I'm a quite complex but simple being. I don't have any wrong facades to carry around. I'm always me. To understand this is not really easy. Because as psychiatrist you got to work with what you have at hand and not try to look behind the mirror, because it isn't there. Then another thing, I won't take any meds that tamper with the brain chemistry due to a, what could be called defect, that my brain developed in my late teens, due to the things lived through. It shows with coloring memories in pink, more so falsifies them. Bad situations get written to the memory as good time. So that got to such an extreme that I lived in a kind of parallel world. 

My wife was my therapist :) she got me to realise this and to cope with it. Now I always have an eye on myself and if something happens that could go that way, I step back for a few minutes and review the events from another angle as kind of spectator, to see if it was ok or falsified again. 

With this I won't take any chances with meds that meddle with the chemistry of the brain. Not to fall back into that kind of view without knowing it.

That's it for now with my issues... 

Now what does help, in this case for myself... 

Trying to find small wonders each day. Enjoy beauty where I find it, may it be an animal on my path, or the colors in the sky, a beautiful picture, music. Things that really hit to the base. And alone time. There are times I long to be around people, but mostly I keep to myself now to refill my mood/batteries. 

Coping in any other way isn't really working, like shopping, chocolate, I don't drink alcohol and don't do drugs, ok I smoke normal tobacco I think that is my only guilty pleasure.

Perhaps this is something that can help others as well. Even though opening oneself that much to find joy in those small things isn't easy in the beginning. But after a little work it is possible. 

As Torsten Sträter (a german comedian that has depressions) once said:

"I suffered under depressions for some time in my life... but now the depressions suffer under me!"

With this I'll end my ranting for now. 

Main System:

Anghammarad : Asrock Taichi x570, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @4900 MHz. 32 GB DDR4 3600, some NVME SSDs, Gainward Phoenix RTX 3070TI

System 2 "Igluna" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

System 3 "Inskah" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

On the Road: Acer Aspire 5 Model A515-51G-54FD, Intel Core i5 7200U, 8 GB DDR4 Ram, 120 GB SSD, 1 TB SSD, Intel CPU GFX and Nvidia MX 150, Full HD IPS display

Media System "Vio": Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5700X, 64 GB Ram DDR4 3200 Mushkin, 1 275 GB Crucial MX SSD, 1 tb Crucial MX500 SSD. IBM 5015 Megaraid, 4 Seagate Ironwolf 4TB HDD in raid 5, 4 WD RED 4 tb in another Raid 5, Gainward Phoenix GTX 1060

(Abit Fatal1ty FP9 IN SLI, C2Duo E8400, 6 GB Ram DDR2 800, far too less diskspace, Gainward Phantom 560 GTX broken need fixing)

Nostalgia: Amiga 1200, Tower Build, CPU/FPU/MMU 68EC020, 68030, 68882 @50 Mhz, 10 MByte ram (2 MB Chip, 8 MB Fast), Fast SCSI II, 2 CDRoms, 2 1 GB SCSI II IBM Harddrives, 512 MB Quantum Lightning HDD, self soldered Sync changer to attach VGA displays, WLAN

6 hours ago, wcreek said:

So, do you or someone you know/love have depression or really any mental illness really and how has that been for you?

2012 might be the darkest moment of my life. I was depressed and a bit suicidal but never harmed myself, basically it’s in my head but never did it. I’m not discussing why I was depressed back then because I think it’s something my attending psychiatrist and I should be discussing but I’ll say, so many thoughts are going into my mind, a lot of which are not good. I smoke and drink alot back then, as my doctor described it, I was full of self-loathing. My doctor said to me that a healthy human psyche requires a balance of “Id, Ego, and Superego” but in my case in 2012, I was lacking ego. 

But unlike some other people who refuse treatment or help from others, I was more than willing to have help when my father reached out to me and he accompanied me to my first therapy session. So yes, mental health is just as important as physical health and a lot of people seem to take it for granted. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

3 hours ago, hey_yo_ said:

So yes, mental health is just as important as physical health and a lot of people seem to take it for granted. 

i personally believe this comes from a lack of education. many people believe that depression is just being sad an you can simply "get over it" without realizing that its a stone you carry everywhere. somedays that stone is a pebble that fits in your pocket, and others its a boulder that threatens to crush you at every moment.

7 hours ago, Cinnabar Sonar said:

I understand, sorry if it seemed like I was insinuating that you could just turn it off.  While I don't have chronic depression, I have some friends that do, sometimes it seems like every day is a constant battle for them.  Sadly, encouragement and listening to them when they're down, is the only thing that I can really do.

i understand what you meant and i didnt take offense :) i just believe that education is very important when it comes to a topic like this. also your a very good person if you continue to be supportive with people who suffer from depression. that on its own can be a burden to carry

5 minutes ago, SlipperyPete said:

i personally believe this comes from a lack of education. many people believe that depression is just being sad an you can simply "get over it" without realizing that its a stone you carry everywhere. somedays that stone is a pebble that fits in your pocket, and others its a boulder that threatens to crush you at every moment.

Because until it happens to them, they’ll never know how it feels and how much that feeling can take a toll on everything from as simple as waking up in the morning and so many bad thoughts in the mind. 

I’m glad I seek for help and if I didn’t, I’d probably be dead by now.

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

10 hours ago, wcreek said:

So prefacing this I should say, I am pretty certain I have Depression and Anxiety. I haven't seen a psychiatrist or general practitioner about it yet, I've been meaning to for a long while (almost a year now) because if those screening tests on some of those mental health websites that seem quite reputable are anything to go by there's a good chance I have it and on the basis of family history with the disorder and family history of other mental health issues there's also a good chance I have it (depression and anxiety).

Kinda got the idea of doing this thread from @Dan Castellaneta's thread about people's experience with Autism. 

I've never self harmed or have wanted to start self harming, and I've never really had suicidal thoughts. I more or less want to become a recluse and never really do much of anything I guess is how I would put it. 

For me I feel like addressing it and talking about it makes me feel like I'm being a burden on others and that maybe those issues are self made and not legitimate or something like that. Sometimes I can set aside the feeling of being a burden with those issues and talk about them, well kinda like I am now but I suppose I'm putting into a more open format that doesn't make me feel like talking about it is being burdening. 

But I definitely think it's best to talk about it but when when it feels like a burden to talk about as I said, it's something I generally want to ignore if I can and I know that's probably not the best idea...

Anyways I should wrap up my little rambling and get into the discussion...

I think I may have depression as well. I don’t know. I haven’t talked about it with anyone but I have hurt myself and got into bad places. My usual coping mechanism is just forcing myself to work on a project and that usually works. It makes me feel needed I guess. It’s weird it comes in phases though, after I finish something I’ll be really happy and then a couple of hours later I am banging my head against the wall. I’ve always had really low self esteem and it used to be worse before I developed ways to cope with it but it still can make me feel useless and unhappy for a weeks. Also excersizing helped a lot. I used to be a couch potato and that didn’t help anything and now i will go for a run or ride my bike and get out into the community and just like say hi to people. Idk it’s a battle that a lot of people go through and I wish there was an easy fix but so far all I have learned is coping mechanisms.

7 hours ago, Anghammarad said:

So even with no suicidal thoughts you can be suicidal subconsciously. This shows for example in the way you eat, how you handle your health etc. So while not really thinking about suicide, you can subconsciously go for a slow one by feeding yourself with stuff that will kill you in the long run... just an example energy drinks like red bull in higher doses each day... etc. I think I don't need to go further with this ;)

Yup, well eating unhealthy or eating in excess or in comfort. Things I do, and am aware of. But I mean it's habit I want to break simply because I am very overweight especially for my age and my height but in honesty it's been that way for a long time but certainly the past 3 years I want to say was a span where I put on a lot more weight on what already was a lot of weight that had been there for quite some time already. And more particularly in the last year and a half or so from breaking my ankle and to being even more sedentary than before it really made something that was already an large issue into an even larger issue than what it was before the fractured medial malleolus and lateral malleolus basically I had a few fractures in my ankle on the tibia and the fibula. I was jogging home from the bus stop on an icy Janurary day and slipped in my side yard and managed to twist it just right so I would fracture those bones in a few places. I had to get a titanium plate on the outside and some screws on the inside. Because there was some spacing issues between the bones still they had to drill a longer screw in like the middle of the plate to get the spacing back to where it should be. I really want to go to a restaurant and get a burger and some fries because I've got a coupon for it but with the time as it is right now, I'm probably going to have to just buy something at a nearby grocery store. Probably the one I work at though maybe I'll see about going to a different store that has a Subway in it. Would be healthier than the burger, rather it would just cost a lot more.

But yeah I guess I would say between large portions, unhealthy food and lots of pop (or soda/soft drink as some people know it) which slowly but surely would lead to death if I did not rectify my weight before it's too late (and for me too late would be my mid 20s) I think if I still am eating the same amount of food and the same kind of food and drinking the same stuff as much that I probably would be done for as in likely dead. So... Yeah.

Spoiler

A00391F01.jpg

@wcreek if you like I can provide some good recipes my wife came around with for healthier living... 

Just send me a pn and I send the recipes back... this is for everyone that is interested. 

One night I looked down on myself sitting in my computer chair and said "oh... I think I'm a sitting mountain..." my wife looked at me and did not correct me... though she said that she wanted to eat healthier too and started research... We even do bake our own bread... ok she did, and I continued that.

In that following year I lost around 40 kg wile being fed really well. no hunger, good portions... and some 10-20 minutes workout every other day... depending if I was on the recumbent bike or just doing the program my wife told me to do. bike 20-30 mins cardio, workout 10 mins. Later I switched to each day, one bike, the next workout, and one day nothing. 

Then a similar thing happened to me, I didn't brake anything, but my left foot got caught in a wheelchair ramp while it was closing. Nothing did brake, a wonder itself, but all joints got popped out, all flesh squished, bones dislocated and sinues over stretched. This is nearly 2 years ago and makes still problems... But I can't do anything about it but wait for it to settle back to normal. 

Main System:

Anghammarad : Asrock Taichi x570, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @4900 MHz. 32 GB DDR4 3600, some NVME SSDs, Gainward Phoenix RTX 3070TI

System 2 "Igluna" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

System 3 "Inskah" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

On the Road: Acer Aspire 5 Model A515-51G-54FD, Intel Core i5 7200U, 8 GB DDR4 Ram, 120 GB SSD, 1 TB SSD, Intel CPU GFX and Nvidia MX 150, Full HD IPS display

Media System "Vio": Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5700X, 64 GB Ram DDR4 3200 Mushkin, 1 275 GB Crucial MX SSD, 1 tb Crucial MX500 SSD. IBM 5015 Megaraid, 4 Seagate Ironwolf 4TB HDD in raid 5, 4 WD RED 4 tb in another Raid 5, Gainward Phoenix GTX 1060

(Abit Fatal1ty FP9 IN SLI, C2Duo E8400, 6 GB Ram DDR2 800, far too less diskspace, Gainward Phantom 560 GTX broken need fixing)

Nostalgia: Amiga 1200, Tower Build, CPU/FPU/MMU 68EC020, 68030, 68882 @50 Mhz, 10 MByte ram (2 MB Chip, 8 MB Fast), Fast SCSI II, 2 CDRoms, 2 1 GB SCSI II IBM Harddrives, 512 MB Quantum Lightning HDD, self soldered Sync changer to attach VGA displays, WLAN

6 hours ago, SlipperyPete said:

i just believe that education is very important when it comes to a topic like this.

Agreed 100%, I have heard statements like "just get over it" which is not helpful.  In fact it can be very harmful.  I do hope to learn a few things from this thread, perhaps it can help me help others.

5 hours ago, Legolessed said:

My usual coping mechanism is just forcing myself to work on a project and that usually works. It makes me feel needed I guess.

That's a very interesting way to cope, I like it.

I know I will earn heat for this but I believe that depression and burnout are not real.

5 minutes ago, Teddy07 said:

I know I will earn heat for this but I believe that depression and burnout are not real.

Out of curiosity why do you think that?