Cherry and Corsair announce "next generation" of mechanical keyboard switches

DAT TRAILER. DAT MUSIC.

Seriously, that had me more interested over a mechanical. key. switch. than most movie trailers.

Looks really cool though. I'd love my CM Storm QFTK being able to display any colour I'd like. Shame it looks like its only Corsair to begin with though, I'm not too keen on the K-- series keyboards and mice. The only thing I don't like from corsair really. :P

I don't really care much about it. But I know a few people who will sell there keyboards to get these RGB backlit..

It's a 1996 built  [1999 bought[ V40 4T. 196 PS [if I remember correctly] ~13L/100km.

My dad didn't want me to buy a Kawa Ninja so he gave me one of his company's cars. Which was that one. Driving it for a few years now. At approx 310'000km and still running like a charm ^^

If its something that volvo cars does then its run for a long time, they might not be terribly exiting cars but they just work.

16 million colors is cool, I thought it was going to be an adjustable pressure switches, when I first read the article.

none the less, Excellent find!

+1 for you

This should be done, adjustable pressure sounds infinity times better than adding fancier LEDs.

I'll probably wait with my keyboard upgrade until I'm able to get one of these new keyboards, finally a chance for a quality Cherry MX Blue keyboard with red backlight!

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

Saw it coming. About time. 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

I wonder how expensive they're going to be. Cause I was reading another thread about how RGB backlit keyboards would cost a lot, around the 200+ range. Personally, I find them cool but, the only on Corsair kind of makes me sad cause other companies such as Ducky can't make  a Ducky Shine 4 Year of the Hoarse with MXRGBs. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how much they'll cost and how nice the keyboards from corsair will be. 

I'm fine with corsair making it but... IMPROVE THE FUCKING BUILD QUALITY. the k70 and k95 are such terribley built keyboards...

Fractal Design Define R4 | MSI x79a-GD45 | 3960X @ 4.6Ghz | Lots of EK Blocks | EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1866 | Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | Western Digital Red 2TB x4 (Raid 10) | Corsair AX760 | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

YES YES YES! This way, if you combine the new keyboards with a Mionix Naos 8200, they can match ANY build! Thanks Cherry! Looks like I'm not getting a K70 after all.

Led backlighting on keyboards is so stupid, But i guess for the people who like them will be happy.

not stupid, im getting a backlit k70 as in my 'gaming' corner when it goes dark and i cant be arsed getting up to turn the light on i can still see my keys... as after years of owning a pc i still cant touch type, (without making a crap ton of errors anyways!!)

This is coming out of my next paycheck

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

BAH!

Been waiting forever for brown switches with red lighting, now it's going to be shitty corsair exclusive?

FUCK THAAAAAAAT SOOOOOO MUCH!

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Definitely gonna buy a brown/RGB keyboard, an RGB mouse, and RGB case leds :)

Intel i5 4670K 3.4GHz | EVGA 780Ti Classified | ASUS Gryphon Z87 w/ Armor Kit | G.Skill Sniper 8GB @1866MHz

Samsung 840 Evo 500GB | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Kingwin Lazer 850W Bronze PSU | Corsair 350D Window

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate BF3 Edition | Razer Naga Molten

Corsair K100 with Blue Switches and RGB, PLEASE.  [i want a blue for my next switch and i have my eyes set on the K95 lol x.x]

Do want! I wonder if corsair is just going to re-release the k70 or k95 with these.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

YES YES YES! This way, if you combine the new keyboards with a Mionix Naos 8200, they can match ANY build! Thanks Cherry! Looks like I'm not getting a K70 after all.

Grab an NZXT Hue while you are at it. 

multi color breathing is going to be SO COOL, imagine red, orange, yellow to breath like real fire!!!

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

So are these just normal Cherry switches with backlights in them? Lame... LEDs in keyboards and completely useless anyway. Really disappointed by this announcement. No idea why people are excited for this.

So are these just normal Cherry switches with backlights in them? Lame... LEDs in keyboards and completely useless anyway. Really disappointed by this announcement. No idea why people are excited for this.

Customizable LED keyboards were always membrane, never mech, and now since they're mech everyone wants.

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

Looks like I'm going to have to live with my Razer Lycosa with membrane keys a little while longer. I hope they make a K95 with blue switches and RGB LEDs one of these days....

Customizable LED keyboards were always membrane, never mech, and now since they're mech everyone wants.

I know, but why would you want it? Doesn't add any functionality, you will most likely just set it to one color and leave it at that (that's what every single person I know that has a multi-color keyboard has done) and it usually costs quite a bit more than a keyboard with no backlight.

I didn't say I want it, but I assume you ask that to the people who do. With my YOTS, I keep it either 100%LED and reactive. And since the YOTS is in white LEDs, I loved it and barely want other colors. When people say they play at night and need it, I find that dumb because I mean, can you not use your room light when you play? Why do you play at night and strain your eyes?

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

I didn't say I want it, but I assume you ask that to the people who do. With my YOTS, I keep it either 100%LED and reactive. And since the YOTS is in white LEDs, I loved it and barely want other colors. When people say they play at night and need it, I find that dumb because I mean, can you not use your room light when you play? Why do you play at night and strain your eyes?

Your monitor will light up your keyboard as well, and if you are older than ~15 and interested in computers then you should really know how to touch type. If you can't do it now then you should start training right away.