Cherry and Corsair announce "next generation" of mechanical keyboard switches

As the title states, Cherry just announced a new "generation" of Cherry MX switches ("MX RGB"), this time with fully adjustable lighting. The switches themselves still seem to be the usual Red, Brown, Blue and Black. Also says its Corsair exclusive, at the start. They will be showing the keyboard at CES 2014 in January.

source: http://www.hardocp.com/news/2013/12/04/corsair_debuting_cherry_mx_rgb_based_mechanical_gaming_keyboards_in_2014/

Launch "trailer": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjBCLPPw1wk

What´s up about Corsair and putting LEDS on their products nowadays? Hope this is not low quality like their fans became with the LED on them...

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

I went in thinking "oh this is going to be dumb" but now im excited. might put off getting a mech for a little while longer to get those.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

16 million colors is cool, I thought it was going to be an adjustable pressure switches, when I first read the article.

none the less, Excellent find!

+1 for you

Use the quote or multiquote, for faster responses \/ \/

i been waiting for this for a long time lol. too bad i bought my ducky shine 3 green LED like 2 months ago D: im still happy with my ducky

sooooo the thing i wanted last year is finally coming. almost.... I JUST WANT A MECHANICAL STEELSERIES APEX KEYBOARD. ffs volvo plz buff

Yay , the first mechanical switches with rgb lighting. And with corsair ! I would love to see it on the k70 or equivalent keyboard

sooooo the thing i wanted last year is finally coming. almost.... I JUST WANT A MECHANICAL STEELSERIES APEX KEYBOARD. ffs volvo plz buff

As a volvo employee i wish we could make mechanical keyboards, so i could get my employment benefit on computer peripherals

As a volvo employee i wish we could make mechanical keyboards, so i could get my employment benefit on computer peripherals

ok u messed me up mentally are u meaning ur a valve employee?

You gotta be kidding, I just bought a K70 with brown switches and now this is announced :/, oh well more keyboards for me :D

yea why dont i take that crappy keyboard off ur hands. ill pay for shipping even xD

As the title states, Cherry just announced a new "generation" of Cherry MX switches ("MX RGB"), this time with fully adjustable lighting. The switches themselves still seem to be the usual Red, Brown, Blue and Black. 

all i could see on the Cherry website was that it was MXRGB reds no other switch has the RGB lighting just standard 

So no new switch type... just some colourful LED's... 'MX-RGB' is kinda misleading  :huh:

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

Led backlighting on keyboards is so stupid, But i guess for the people who like them will be happy.

all i could see on the Cherry website was that it was MXRGB reds no other switch has the RGB lighting just standard 

The launch trailer features browns, blues and blacks also. I should add that its just speculation by me so far. It seems they are gonna launch with Red style switches and add other colors later.

(from video 49 sec in) Looks like Cherry just making/assembling switches in the clear housing they already have, and corsair is putting LED's on the board.

I'm more surprised there's a "Cherry Professional Gaming" youtube channel.  I guess it took them long enough to realize that.

My Rigs (past and present)

The launch trailer features browns, blues and blacks also.

yeah but not as MX-RGBs

so they made the switch casing clear and put RGB LED in it.

REVOLUTIONARY.

Shine 4 got to be good tho... :P

ok u messed me up mentally are u meaning ur a valve employee?

Maybe you should read properly. "Volvo", not "Valve"

Vehicles, not software.

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

Greens with RGB? sounds good to me.

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

Guess Cherry finally decided to revive their old and rare "Translucent" housing --except making it "clear" this time :P.

Vh1hZMO.jpg

Meh, my lighting on my Shine II is on very low anyways. And I decided not to use the two LED strips I bought for my WC setup. Much less annoying especially at night ^^

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...