Razer Blackwidow X Chroma not working

Go to solution Solved by jcoops,
Just now, ComeT said:

The thing is nothing pops up when I plug in the keyboard :/ 

Ooh, hm.  Have you checked if your USB cable is damaged.  It could be anywhere from on the cable to the input/output being split.

Hello!

I just got my watercooler back from RMA so that I could finally use my desktop again. Though after plugging in my Razer Blackwidow X Chroma it would neither show up in windows, respond nor light up. I tried plugging it back in my laptop (which I used during my time without my desktop) and it wouldn't respond there either. I'm just confused it worked like five minutes ago. Anyone got any idea on what could be the problem?

Just now, Max_Settings said:

Do any other USB devices work?

Yeah, all other USB ports and devices work. I also tried the port on my pc, it works with other peripherals (such as my mouse) but not my keyboard.

12 minutes ago, ComeT said:

Hello!

I just got my watercooler back from RMA so that I could finally use my desktop again. Though after plugging in my Razer Blackwidow X Chroma it would neither show up in windows, respond nor light up. I tried plugging it back in my laptop (which I used during my time without my desktop) and it wouldn't respond there either. I'm just confused it worked like five minutes ago. Anyone got any idea on what could be the problem?

Might be the keyboard itself.  But maybe run a quick scan for problems with your USB devices.  It should prompt you to do this when windows says that the USB is not recognized.  If it still doesn't work, maybe consider an RMA.

3 minutes ago, Jackson, The Computer Dude said:

Might be the keyboard itself.  But maybe run a quick scan for problems with your USB devices.  It should prompt you to do this when windows says that the USB is not recognized.  If it still doesn't work, maybe consider an RMA.

Just now, ComeT said:

Ooh, hm.  Have you checked if your USB cable is damaged.  It could be anywhere from on the cable to the input/output being split.

Just now, Jackson, The Computer Dude said:

Doesn't seem like so... Didn't really move the cable between the switching of computers so I suppose that shouldn't be a problem. I'll still try and undo my cable management to see if anything got pinched 

5 minutes ago, Jackson, The Computer Dude said:

Oh shit. It actually worked! Thank you very much! :D

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/29/2017 at 12:15 PM, ComeT said:

Oh shit. It actually worked! Thank you very much! :D

Haha, I'm late but I just realized this thread.  You're welcome!