CPU USAGE ISSUES DESPERATELY NEED HELP

Go to solution Solved by theslick.stan,

Thank you all very much for your help! after booting into safe mode i was able to identify that it was SPOTIFY hogging CPU AND DISK usage! now i am just trying to see if there is something i can do to get around that but otherwise my issue is resolved! 

So I literally finished my first build a few hours ago and as of the last hour or so my CPU is being driven to 99% and I've tried everything and  nothing seems to change anything. So after installing my OS i spent most of my time installing updates and hardware drivers (msi, asus nvidia) and the only other software I've installed are bench markers (cinebench and furmark)which I've uninstalled, CPU & GPU-z, VLC and chrome through ninite, steam and the blizzard app and 2 games from steam. everything was running perfectly fine and my CPU was hanging around 1-4% usage at idle. Then randomly, I noticed my system lagging so i checked the task manager and right at the top with 26-40% usage was WMI. I immediately googled to see what was happening and i found guides to identify what software was causing this, however going through services to identify the Client ID was not straightforward because nearly every error in the WMI log showed a different client ID. After digging through nearly all the client ID's none of them were present in the services so i used command prompt and through there i identified one Client ID and it belonged to NVIDIA (nvcontainer.exe) and after going through the services again this was the nvidia LocalSystem Container and so i went ahead and disabled it and set it to manual start up and just as a precaution i did the same with all containerservices which there were two more. Nothing changed. I went  ahead and uninstalled the LocalSystem container outright and restarted my PC but still had the same result. I went ahead and stopped WMI itself but the only thing that happened was the 26-40% CPU usage was picked up by System, Chrome, Spotify and the Task manager. I restarted WMI and the load is currently trading between WMI, System and the task manager with the system sometimes taking up my entire disk usage and chrome pitching in every now and then. I am able to lightly surf and type this out with spotify playing in the background (i would've been unhinged otherwise) but any media heavy site lags and video playback seems to be out of the question.  PLEASE HELP

Untitled.thumb.jpg.7fc5683cbd3413888e078c14b05e23f2.jpg

Try closing all the programs in task maneger that takes up a lot of CPU power and then restart the system.

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

15 hours ago, simonbyrial said:

Try closing all the programs in task maneger that takes up a lot of CPU power and then restart the system.

I've tried that and the same result

Just now, theslick.stan said:

I've tried that and the same result

OK. Try booting in to safe mode and see if the programs nag the CPU power.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Do to the startup tab on task manager and disable anything you don't need

PC Specs:

CPU: Intel i9 12900K

CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H150i Elite Capellix

Mother Board: MSI z690 carbon WiFi

RAM: TeamSport Elite DDR5 2x16 4800mhz

Storage: 2TB Samsung 970 Plus NVMe, 240 SanDisk SSD Plus, Crucial MX300 750GB SSD

GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1080 

Case: Corsair Crystal 460X

PSU: Cosrair RM850X 80+ Gold

Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU 27" 1440p @ 165hz

Keyboard: Razer Black Widow Chroma

Mouse: Logitech G502

Sound: Sony MDR 1000x Headphones, Blue Snowball Microphone

Laptop Specs:

Gigabyte Aorus 15G

CPU: Intel i7 10875H

RAM: 16gb DDR4

Storage: 512gb NVMe, 1TB Crucial MX300 SATA SSD

GPU: Nvidia RTX 2070 Max-Q

15 hours ago, A Silver said:

Do to the startup tab on task manager and disable anything you don't need

Everything except windows defender is already disabled

15 hours ago, simonbyrial said:

OK. Try booting in to safe mode and see if the programs nag the CPU power.

so i booted into safe mode and cpu usage was between 0-1% and now i booted normally and its around 4% with superfetch periodically sending it up to  12%....i think you did it. you might've just given me the solution

you can open the ressource monitor for more details. I usually look in the disk usage to see which path is mostly used, it could be a clue to the problem.

Maybe the Windows Update is running? Maybe it is doing an Upgrade from Win10 1607 to 1703? Check the Window Update section.

Also if the system is new and you have windows restore activated, it will do some snapshoting in the background which causes high disk usage for some time.

Do you have an SSD or HDD?

You could try "netstop wuauserv" and see if it lowers CPU and diskusage

My Setup: 
CPU: i7 4790 @3800 MHz, MB: MSI H87-G41, Grafik: Gigabyte GTX 1080TI, RAM: 2x 8GB DDR3 (1600), Storage: Samsung SSD 850 Evo

1 hour ago, theslick.stan said:

so i booted into safe mode and cpu usage was between 0-1% and now i booted normally and its around 4% with superfetch periodically sending it up to  12%....i think you did it. you might've just given me the solution

Glad I could help! :D 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

5 hours ago, firelighter487 said:

because you just built the machine, it'possible that Windows is updating and doing a load of crap in the background. 

Can confirm; I've seen this behavior in both newly built machines and recently updated ones. It says "updates complete" but really it's just done to the point that you can use your PC and it's still doing stuff/hogging resources in the background. Happened at work after the last major update to Windows 10

Thank you all very much for your help! after booting into safe mode i was able to identify that it was SPOTIFY hogging CPU AND DISK usage! now i am just trying to see if there is something i can do to get around that but otherwise my issue is resolved!