GTX 1080 Hybrid or GTX 1080 FTW2

So I am going to be getting either the GTX 1080 Hybrid or the GTX 1080 FTW2. I been looking up on this, seeing if other people were debating getting it as well or not, but came up short. Just so you know, my room is pretty cold all the time, unless I leave my PC on for like 4 or 5 hours. My R9 380, which is what I am upgrading from dosent get hot at all, around 65c. I prefer getting the Hybrid, just for that little extra cooling. Now I dont plan to overclock etheir card, just what it comes with out of the box. I just want to know if its just better to get the FTW2 card or not. Also, will this pump in the card last only for like a couple years like AIO coolers for CPUs, and if so, can this card still safely run without the pump, if it was to break.

3 minutes ago, Chmewy said:

So I am going to be getting either the GTX 1080 Hybrid or the GTX 1080 FTW2. I been looking up on this, seeing if other people were debating getting it as well or not, but came up short. Just so you know, my room is pretty cold all the time, unless I leave my PC on for like 4 or 5 hours. My R9 380, which is what I am upgrading from dosent get hot at all, around 65c. I prefer getting the Hybrid, just for that little extra cooling. Now I dont plan to overclock etheir card, just what it comes with out of the box. I just want to know if its just better to get the FTW2 card or not. Also, will this pump in the card last only for like a couple years like AIO coolers for CPUs, and if so, can this card still safely run without the pump, if it was to break.

so which one did you mean the EVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid FTW3 or the EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2?

ask me about your system builds, AIO's, CPU's, PSU's, and GPU's.

1 minute ago, ricksteendam1 said:

so which one did you mean the EVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid FTW3 or the EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2?

The EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW Hybrid Gaming 8gb and the EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW2 Gaming 8GB with ICX.... If thats what you wanted to know

1 minute ago, Chmewy said:

The EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW Hybrid Gaming 8gb and the EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW2 Gaming 8GB with ICX.... If thats what you wanted to know

What's the price difference?

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

Just now, ShadowTechXTS said:

What's the price difference?

For the 1080 FTW2- $579.99 on Amazon

For the 1080 Hybrid- $599.99 on Amazon

14 minutes ago, Damascus said:

Hybrid all the way, you'll get better temps and the pump should past 5-7 years easy.

100% hybrid. much more stable clocks from liquid on Pascal. and by that i mean flat clocks over time, not stability.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

Coming from someone who has an EVGA GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+ I would get the hybrid version as my fan is loud as hell, I tried to see if I could get a Corsair or NZXT bracket to put an AIO on there but since it doesn't have the reference PCB I'm stuck in the land of 80C temps with 100% fan usage that puts it at as loud as my 20 inch box fan on high...

4 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

Coming from someone who has an EVGA GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+ I would get the hybrid version as my fan is loud as hell, I tried to see if I could get a Corsair or NZXT bracket to put an AIO on there but since it doesn't have the reference PCB I'm stuck in the land of 80C temps with 100% fan usage that puts it at as loud as my 20 inch box fan on high...

i have a g12 on my 1070FTW. fits fine. Just don't use the foam blocks that they include for standoff. had one resting indirectly on top of a capacitor and flexed the board enough that i took exception to it and removed them.

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

18 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

i have a g12 on my 1070FTW. fits fine. Just don't use the foam blocks that they include for standoff. had one resting indirectly on top of a capacitor and flexed the board enough that i took exception to it and removed them.

I thought about hobbling one together but then just took it as a sign to upgrade xD

31 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

I thought about hobbling one together but then just took it as a sign to upgrade xD

i did it for the lulz. that and i wanted to be familiar with the process when i get my buddy's 1080ti FE.

System specs: