I'm having problem with play music\games\movies with 5.1 3d

at the SupremeFX when I do test for the speakers only 1 work

but when I play music all except front right work

I'm using windows 10

Asus z270E strix

Logitech Z906

and I'm using only 1x 3.5 cable not all the 3

via a test all speakers work perfectly

How exactly do you have the speakers plugged in if you're only using one of the 3.5mm plugs? That doesn't make any sense. You realize your motherboard has separate audio channels, right?

Just now, NonaHexa said:

How exactly do you have the speakers plugged in if you're only using one of the 3.5mm plugs? That doesn't make any sense. You realize your motherboard has separate audio channels, right?

the original cable that I got from Logitech got damaged the original was 3x 3.5mm cable

now I'm using only 1x plugged to the green from subwoofer and back to the green at the motherboard

so I need new cable? cuz I cant find that Aux cable I had at any store 

maybe I can use optical cable? and it will play 5.1?

I got connectors both on the motherboard and on the subwoofer...

Thx

I own the Z906 and you have to connect all 3.5mm plugs in order to get all 5 speakers to work properly (green is for front black for rear orange for center and sub). If you only connect one the console will most probably change to 3D mode (which is spreading 2 channels to 5 with a mediocre at best result). Also in order to get hardware decoding you have to use one of the optical outputs and that will still only work in movies(that already have audio decoded to Dolby or DTS of some sort). For live encoding you need a motherboard or a soundcard that supports either DTS Interactive DTS Connect or Dolby Digital Live in order to get 5.1 in everything.

Hope that helped somewhat.

Main PC

i7 7820X @4.5Ghz/Asus X299 TUF Mark I/GSkill TridentZ RGB 4x8GB 3000MHz/MSI GTX980Ti Gaming 6G/960 Pro 512GB/850 Evo 500GB/2x2TB HDD/Enthoo Evolv TG/H115i w/HD140s/Corsair HX 850i

Other PCs

i7 3930K/16GB DDR3 1866Mhz/Big Bang Xpower II/MSI GTX 760 TF 2GB/BQ DP P8 1000W/850 Evo 250GB/2TB WD HDD

i5 6600K/BQ Dark Rock 3/16GB Vengeance LPX/ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming/Intel 120GB SSD/GTX 1060 Strix/1TB HDD/Corsair RM650

R5 1600/8GB Vengeance LPX 2666Mhz/ASUS B350F Strix Gaming/ GTX 1050Ti Strix/850 Evo 250GB/1TB HDD/BQ 530W

Notebook Lenovo Ideapad 710S 6500U/8GB/256GB NVMe

Peasant gaming stuff PS3/PS4 Pro/PSP/PS Vita

1 minute ago, reapzzer said:

I own the Z906 and you have to connect all 3.5mm plugs in order to get all 5 speakers to work properly (green is for front black for rear orange for center and sub). If you only connect one the console will most probably change to 3D mode (which is spreading 2 channels to 5 with a mediocre at best result). Also in order to get hardware decoding you have to use one of the optical outputs and that will still only work in movies(that already have audio decoded to Dolby or DTS of some sort). For live encoding you need a motherboard or a soundcard that supports either DTS Interactive DTS Connect or Dolby Digital Live in order to get 5.1 in everything.

Hope that helped somewhat.

when I had the 3x aux cable all was connected to the subwoofer and only 1 the green was connected to my laptop and it worked 5.1 3d in evrything

3 minutes ago, xIHuNTeRIx said:

the original cable that I got from Logitech got damaged the original was 3x 3.5mm cable

now I'm using only 1x plugged to the green from subwoofer and back to the green at the motherboard

so I need new cable? cuz I cant find that Aux cable I had at any store 

maybe I can use optical cable? and it will play 5.1?

I got connectors both on the motherboard and on the subwoofer...

Thx

You will need to plug in more than one 3.5mm cable, yes. Look up the original packaging, and try to replace the cables it originally came with. 3.5mm cables are really cheap. The only issue might be that your Z906 speakers have soldered cables, don't they?

All the speakers have regular speaker cables that can be easily replaced :)

And as I said when you plug in one 3.5mm cable the speakers fake 5.1 (all 5 speakers play some kind of sound but ultimately it is still stereo and the audio positioning is basically none)

Main PC

i7 7820X @4.5Ghz/Asus X299 TUF Mark I/GSkill TridentZ RGB 4x8GB 3000MHz/MSI GTX980Ti Gaming 6G/960 Pro 512GB/850 Evo 500GB/2x2TB HDD/Enthoo Evolv TG/H115i w/HD140s/Corsair HX 850i

Other PCs

i7 3930K/16GB DDR3 1866Mhz/Big Bang Xpower II/MSI GTX 760 TF 2GB/BQ DP P8 1000W/850 Evo 250GB/2TB WD HDD

i5 6600K/BQ Dark Rock 3/16GB Vengeance LPX/ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming/Intel 120GB SSD/GTX 1060 Strix/1TB HDD/Corsair RM650

R5 1600/8GB Vengeance LPX 2666Mhz/ASUS B350F Strix Gaming/ GTX 1050Ti Strix/850 Evo 250GB/1TB HDD/BQ 530W

1 minute ago, NonaHexa said:

You will need to plug in more than one 3.5mm cable, yes. Look up the original packaging, and try to replace the cables it originally came with. 3.5mm cables are really cheap. The only issue might be that your Z906 speakers have soldered cables, don't they?

nope the can be plugged and unplugged 

Just now, reapzzer said:

All the speakers have regular speaker cables that can be easily replaced :)

And as I said when you plug in one 3.5mm cable the speakers fake 5.1 (all 5 speakers play some kind of sound but ultimately it is still stereo and the audio positioning is basically none)

2 minutes ago, NonaHexa said:

I can see at the store Optical Cable will it work?

From what I see your motherboard doesn't support DTS Interactive and that makes it that when you use the optical cable everything will still be stereo except preencoded DTS Dolby stuff (like movies for example)

Main PC

Other PCs

11 minutes ago, reapzzer said:

From what I see your motherboard doesn't support DTS Interactive and that makes it that when you use the optical cable everything will still be stereo except preencoded DTS Dolby stuff (like movies for example)

so only that AUX will get me full 5.1?

13 minutes ago, reapzzer said:

How that green orange black cable called? I cant find it anywhere

is it buyable at all?

maybe I can order from other country?

16 minutes ago, reapzzer said:

what is that port? Optical S/PDIF out port

17 minutes ago, reapzzer said:

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-Z270E-GAMING/overview/ 

can u pls check this site for me and see how I can play 5.1 pls?? :3

Sorry for the delay I had to leave my house :)

The easiest way to get 5.1 in everything is through 3.5mm cables. All you need is 3 of them total. You can go to a shop buy 3 regular 3.5mm cables and connect them accordingly and it will all work just fine. Personally I used the optical cable because it gave better sound overall and the speakers needed less power to be as loud as on analog. 

From what I see with your motherboard the only way to get 5.1 in games is through 3.5mm jacks because this motherboard doesnt support DTS Interactive (Though I know one of my friends was able to mod the driver and unlock this feature and get it working but it was back in the Win 7 days)

In your case your optical port is able to output only preencoded 5.1 stuff (DTS/Dolby movies because the optical cable itselft doesn't have enough bandwidth to push through not compressed 5.1 and windows drops it then automatically to stereo) 

In my experience when I had my old motherboard I connected the speakers both with an optical and 3.5mm and switched between them accordingly (but it was really not that necessary) to get 5.1 in games and better sound quality in movies through SPDIF.

Main PC

Other PCs

6 hours ago, reapzzer said:

The easiest way to get 5.1 in everything is through 3.5mm cables. All you need is 3 of them total. You can go to a shop buy 3 regular 3.5mm cables and connect them accordingly and it will all work just fine. Personally I used the optical cable because it gave better sound overall and the speakers needed less power to be as loud as on analog. 

From what I see with your motherboard the only way to get 5.1 in games is through 3.5mm jacks because this motherboard doesnt support DTS Interactive (Though I know one of my friends was able to mod the driver and unlock this feature and get it working but it was back in the Win 7 days)

In your case your optical port is able to output only preencoded 5.1 stuff (DTS/Dolby movies because the optical cable itselft doesn't have enough bandwidth to push through not compressed 5.1 and windows drops it then automatically to stereo) 

In my experience when I had my old motherboard I connected the speakers both with an optical and 3.5mm and switched between them accordingly (but it was really not that necessary) to get 5.1 in games and better sound quality in movies through SPDIF.

can you tell me why optic cable will work for music and movies and not with games?

thx got the 3.5mm cable solved..

and if u can help me get the 5.1 for all somehow with optic cable cuz I heard it got better sound quality without getting new sound card

also my mobo not so old I don't know why I cant play 5.1 at optic cable maybe u skipped the details or they sold me crappy mobo xDD

well can u give me illustration for the difference between aux and optic cables quality at sound?

cuz I think ill go the analog way with aux

https://www.asus.com/Sound-Cards/STRIX-RAID-DLX/overview/

will this sound card answer the problem of 5.1 optical?

Optical ports dont benefit from better audio capacitors and all that stuff because of one reason- It's fully digitial that means that all the processing happens inside the Z906 all that your PC has to do is put the data through that cable. The issue with the cable is that it doesn't have enough bandwidth to put uncompressed audio in 6 channels (which is 5.1) and it is only capable to put through 2 channels of audio (I don't really know what kind of witchcraft happens with Dolby Atmos and stuff like that but it compresses it in some magical way [definitely not magical I just haven't learned how they do that yet] that you get 5.1 and up). And that's the problem with games because the motherboard has to do a live encoding to the Dolby standard (movies already have it done so the only thing the soundcard has to do with it is to send it through that cable). And this is what DTS Interactive essentialy is. It is a standard of live encoding audio to send it to the receiver (which in this case is the Z906). The problem with that is most manufacturers of motherboards don't include the certificate (because it costs them money and there aren't many people that care about that) and as such DTS Interactive is disabled using software.

There are two solutions to the problem 

a)Get a different motherboard (basically form what I researched only ASUS Prime/ TUF motherboards have this because the ROG boards don't have it since Maximus VI days [don't quote me on that])

b)Get the cheapest possible soundcard that specifically has DTS Interactive certificate (you don't need anything fancy because the signal is digital so nothing inside the PC makes it worse and there's no need to overpay for more expensive cards and from what I see the STRIX RAID DLX card doesn't have DTS Interactive)

c)Modify the drivers - Was able to do that on Windows 7 but wasn't able to do the same on Windows 10 (Don't know wheter win 10 has this fixed or because win 10 has known issues with DTS/Dolby working on some versions and as such the drivers didn't utimately work[ from my experience was able to get the prompts in setting but they didn't work)

Don't worry your motherboard is fine they just don't include the certificate :)

And finally It is kind of impossible to write about the difference in sound quality but what I can tell is that the speakers are louder the bass is better movies sound richer (just my personal experience)

TL:DR Use analog 3.5mm cables to get 5.1 everywhere, Fiddle with DTS Interactive, realtek drivers, get a DTS Interactive certified soundcard for cheap

In case of more questions ask them and I'll try to answer them as fast and as well as I can :)

Hope it helped somewhat

Just in case if looking for a soundcard to buy or a new mobo or smth look for these (in pics)

Screenshot_21.jpg

Screenshot_20.jpg

Main PC

Other PCs

On ‎29‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 12:15 PM, reapzzer said:

Optical ports dont benefit from better audio capacitors and all that stuff because of one reason- It's fully digitial that means that all the processing happens inside the Z906 all that your PC has to do is put the data through that cable. The issue with the cable is that it doesn't have enough bandwidth to put uncompressed audio in 6 channels (which is 5.1) and it is only capable to put through 2 channels of audio (I don't really know what kind of witchcraft happens with Dolby Atmos and stuff like that but it compresses it in some magical way [definitely not magical I just haven't learned how they do that yet] that you get 5.1 and up). And that's the problem with games because the motherboard has to do a live encoding to the Dolby standard (movies already have it done so the only thing the soundcard has to do with it is to send it through that cable). And this is what DTS Interactive essentialy is. It is a standard of live encoding audio to send it to the receiver (which in this case is the Z906). The problem with that is most manufacturers of motherboards don't include the certificate (because it costs them money and there aren't many people that care about that) and as such DTS Interactive is disabled using software.

There are two solutions to the problem 

a)Get a different motherboard (basically form what I researched only ASUS Prime/ TUF motherboards have this because the ROG boards don't have it since Maximus VI days [don't quote me on that])

b)Get the cheapest possible soundcard that specifically has DTS Interactive certificate (you don't need anything fancy because the signal is digital so nothing inside the PC makes it worse and there's no need to overpay for more expensive cards and from what I see the STRIX RAID DLX card doesn't have DTS Interactive)

c)Modify the drivers - Was able to do that on Windows 7 but wasn't able to do the same on Windows 10 (Don't know wheter win 10 has this fixed or because win 10 has known issues with DTS/Dolby working on some versions and as such the drivers didn't utimately work[ from my experience was able to get the prompts in setting but they didn't work)

Don't worry your motherboard is fine they just don't include the certificate :)

And finally It is kind of impossible to write about the difference in sound quality but what I can tell is that the speakers are louder the bass is better movies sound richer (just my personal experience)

TL:DR Use analog 3.5mm cables to get 5.1 everywhere, Fiddle with DTS Interactive, realtek drivers, get a DTS Interactive certified soundcard for cheap

In case of more questions ask them and I'll try to answer them as fast and as well as I can :)

Hope it helped somewhat

Just in case if looking for a soundcard to buy or a new mobo or smth look for these (in pics)

Screenshot_21.jpg

Screenshot_20.jpg

this soundcard is worth about 200$ and I cant see that dts mentioned am I wrong? \

https://www.asus.com/Sound-Cards/STRIX-RAID-DLX/specifications/