'Raven' My first ever AMD build

mb67

So after the completion of 'Qamra', a pay-it-forward build that I did for an artist friend of mine back in Feb I set out to completely redo my own (2016) build 'Madame Rouge'. (If you want to see pictures of both builds I'll include them later upon request) 

The reason for the upgrade is purely superficial - the old hardware was more than adequate but I wanted to completely redo the entire setup so yeah. The setup is still a huge work in progress but this thread is about the PC.

My old case was the NZXT Noctis 450 (Black and Red) and while its a great case, I decided that I wanted to go with the tempered glass look while being somewhat different so I chose the Jonsbo UMX4 as my case. A clean brushed aluminium exterior with a pair of thick tempered glass side panels,and it's rather small for an ATX case. In fact it's almost too small for the hardware that I'm using in it, but I really love the look of the case.

y6fWMLeh.jpg

The hardware for this build is:

Jonsbo UMX4 case

Ryzen 7 1800X

ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero x370 motherboard

NZXT Kraken x52 AIO

Nvidia GTX 1080Ti (dual) in SLI

Samsung 960 Pro nvme m.2 512GB

Samsung 850 Evo 1TB SSD

EVGA G3 850 Watt PSU

Here are a couple of pics in the early stages of building, before I got busy with the color changes that I was after:

dYNsOv4h.jpg

raxZPs0h.jpg

The color scheme that I wanted was purple/silver/black so I first tackled something 'risky' for me at least - changing the GTX emblems:

IbK38h6h.jpg

My initial attempt at recoloring them didn't go as I had planned...

tyoW7Seh.jpg

I changed them later on and I'll get to that in a bit. In the meantime my next 'change' was the fin housing on the NZXT Kraken X52. That went a lot more smoothly than I had initially anticipated:

eQ2Q8nch.jpg

What it looked like after the changes:

meSLTt5h.jpg

My initial thought of a replacement for the not-so-good-lookingJonsbo logo was a laser etched ROG logo:

9KF8WpDh.jpg

njrVN3rh.jpg

I'll add more to this later...

Followed, looks good!

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

19 minutes ago, JDE said:

Followed, looks good!

Thanks! 

At this point I didn't like the way it was looking so I decided to add a little more 'personality' by getting some decals for the fans to better match the overall them. (I'm a prior weather forecaster for the US military and I wanted to incorporate that into the build)

9AP6Ckr.png

At that point I realized that I actually have my own 'logo' so I changed out the ROG emblem by getting my logo laser etched with RGB backlighting, as well as having just the logo part made into a SSD plate.

dypV9iQh.jpg

Overall I'm really happy with the build and I'm trying to decide if I want to make it into a custom loop at some point.

zsGlgzVh.jpg

Iq1N1Fjh.jpg

2 minutes ago, JustJord1990 said:

Hello,

Looks really good.

Any plans to go Hardline tubing? (or even softline tubing?)

Yes, I'd really like to do my first custom loop with it but the case is kind of small so it will be difficult to do so.

It'll be ok if you did soft tubing loop, with something like the EK's Gaming Kit.

That is such a nice case! I thought about getting the mATX or miniITX version of it as it just looks so beautiful! I just can't  really convince myself to make a new build or something rn :/ 

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

3 hours ago, Nicnac said:

That is such a nice case! I thought about getting the mATX or miniITX version of it as it just looks so beautiful! I just can't  really convince myself to make a new build or something rn :/ 

Thanks! Finding the Jonsbo UMX4 for a reasonable price was a royal pain. I had to go through a UK PC supplier, however it was about 6 months before I even started ordering PC parts for the build. Since then the price has increased.