Should you Buy THIS Monitor.. or a TV?

James

@James

Hey everyone! I tagged the OP poster of the video because I need some advice. 

I'm currently running a Dell 2515H monitor, which is quite a popular monitor. I like its size, resolution, color reproduction and brightness. 

I bought the Philips version of 43", which is named BDM4350, which I am returning after 15 minutes of usage due to extremely poor brightness, faded colors and just poor image in general. 

I have a question: 

Besides the pixel density, which will be lower on P4317Q, how is the brightness and the color reproduction, when compared to Dell 2515H? Is it at least as good as 2515H? 

What other monitor should I be looking at? 

I don't game, so no need for high refresh rates, G-Sync or anything like that, but I need extreme brightness (An entire wall of my room is basically a window, so I need at least 350  - 400 dm/m2 to use a monitor comfortably during the day). I require 4K resolution along with a size larger than 25", preferably 32", and most importantly, high color space coverage. No need for absolutely 100% adobeRGB color space coverage, but I need the colors to look as vibrant as possible, with the color space going as much above sRGB as possible., My budget is around 1k$ - 1,2k$, with a little flexibility. 

I mainly use my monitor for video and anime consumption along with programming and working with professional image editing. 

I noticed that border issue with the Philips as well actually, seems that all large monitors have that border issue unless you underscan, and to contribute to this thread, I absolutely advice against Philips BDM4350 as it is dim, colors look bad, and it has a dimming of the brightness towards the corners, loking quite low quality. 

Any help is appreciated, and looking forward to everyone's input! 

• 3 months later...
On 30/09/2017 at 6:30 AM, Drak3 said:

A KVM switch would be a far superior solution. No reliance on dodgy hardware for your mouse and keyboard, a clean install can be ran for every machine, and it's a single point of interaction.

But that's assuming the developer is dumb enough to run multiple physical machines instead of a low overhead VM solution like KVM, Hyper-V, or Parallels on an adequate desktop or laptop.

well I guess they did it 

• 4 months later...

@James

I have read that the 15 most outer pixels (left and right) and 8 (top/bottom) are not well backlight, that is if you are sitting in front center of the screen close to it they appear dark. You need to move far back or to to the side you want to see to see them properly.

Can you confirm that? My normal working distance is about 50cm with my current screen and if i gat the bigger one i would like to keep the distance the same.

Could you tell me how noticeable this issue is with that working distance?

Cheers

David