Should you Buy THIS Monitor.. or a TV?

James
17 minutes ago, James said:

Buy LG 43UD79-B on Amazon: http://geni.us/IATog

This 43" monitor from LG is absolutely HUGE- but what's the difference between a big monitor and a TV? And what should you buy?

You couldn't just ask @LinusTech? Thought u could do that??? But I'm glad to help a member of the team. I would buy a tv, bc it's cheaper, and I see no difference. Do u really need a monitor that big?? 

and it's gone.

also didn't we just get a video on this or was that Kyle or somebody else, getting kinda of tired of multiple tech tubers covering the same thing at the same time, I really don't wanna watch the same thing just different people.

and short answer is NO, it's not even HDR so what if it has a low response time, response time should be the LAST thing you worry about when looking at TV/TV Alternatives.

20 minutes ago, James said:

Buy LG 43UD79-B on Amazon: http://geni.us/IATog

This 43" monitor from LG is absolutely HUGE- but what's the difference between a big monitor and a TV? And what should you buy?

Monitor if you game frequently and hate low fps and input lag well a monitor. But if you are a casual 'fifa' gamer then, a tv is perfect. My hobbies and preferences would ensure I would buy the monitor. And isnt a 4k tv still quite expensive? And the 4 way screen technology would be good for forexchange people who put hundreds of thousands on the multi trillion dollar market and/or share markets or even work copying and altering from a website without having to have two monitors.

subscribe to pewdiepie

Been waiting for this video and now they are teasing me with a broken video. NOOOOOO....

3 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

and short answer is NO, it's not even HDR so what if it has a low response time, response time should be the LAST thing you worry about when looking at TV/TV Alternatives.

I've actually been looking at this monitor as a TV in my game room specifically for low response time. For old consoles that need an up-scaler low response time is a must have.

1 minute ago, Merp83 said:

Monitor if you game frequently and hate low fps and input lag well a monitor. But if you are a casual 'fifa' gamer then, a tv is perfect. My hobbies and preferences would ensure I would buy the monitor. And isnt a 4k tv still quite expensive? And the 4 way screen technology would be good for forexchange people who put hundreds of thousands on the multi trillion dollar market and/or share markets or even work copying and altering from a website without having to have two monitors.

4k TV's are generally cheaper then 4k monitors, you just don't want the cheaper models and you need to do your research on them to know which ones are good, I bought a 4k 55" Sharp TV for $600 US that is better then most with the exception of HORRIBLE input lag (like type a word looking at the keyboard then look up and see the letters appear on screen bad) when in 4k resolution, drop it to 1080p and the lag isn't an issue.

1 minute ago, Daniel644 said:

4k TV's are generally cheaper then 4k monitors, you just don't want the cheaper models and you need to do your research on them to know which ones are good, I bought a 4k 55" Sharp TV for $600 US that is better then most with the exception of HORRIBLE input lag (like type a word looking at the keyboard then look up and see the letters appear on screen bad) when in 4k resolution, drop it to 1080p and the lag isn't an issue.

But i guess it is pretty crappy at 4k with gaming and productivity?

subscribe to pewdiepie

Just now, Merp83 said:

But i guess it is pretty crappy at 4k with gaming and productivity?

mine, yeah it's useless as a monitor at 4k, but mine has amongst the worst ever seen input lag, there are many mid range 4k TV's that have much lower input lag, you just have to do your research, I suggest rtings.com and reading there model reviews, paying close attention to things like Contrast Ratio, Black Uniformity, Grey Uniformity, Image Retention and input lag at 4k, also peak brightness, you'll see LG has consistently low contrast ratios and peak brightness, what this means is by the time the TV is bright enough to accurately show a daytime scene the blacks will be basically glowing grey, the ONLY exception to this rule are the OLED panels that do true black, but they are still far to expensive to justify and there input lag is bad.

Didn't think it was actually possible, but you guys managed to go over less of this monitor than Kyle did.

1. Didn't use or show the split screen PIP features.
  2. Didn't talk about the border shadow that you could clearly see in the video.
  3. Didn't talk about the Game Mode and the different fast, normal and slow modes.
  4. Didn't go over what the input lag of the monitor was with the Makey Makey like you did a few videos ago.

4 minutes ago, StevenMattera said:

Didn't think it was actually possible, but you guys managed to go over less of this monitor than Kyle did.

1. Didn't use or show the split screen PIP features.
  2. Didn't talk about the border shadow that you could clearly see in the video.
  3. Didn't talk about the Game Mode and the different fast, normal and slow modes.
  4. Didn't go over what the input lag of the monitor was with the Makey Makey like you did a few videos ago.

because they are paid off by LG, it's pretty obvious, they after all have gotten not 1 but 2 (maybe 3) LG OLED TV's including the new multi thousand dollar (more then I paid for my car) wall paper tv, where no one else has gotten anything more then the nanocell tv.

1 hour ago, Daniel644 said:

and it's gone.

also didn't we just get a video on this or was that Kyle or somebody else, getting kinda of tired of multiple tech tubers covering the same thing at the same time, I really don't wanna watch the same thing just different people.

Bitwit did it.

I have a 40" Philips monitor, the predecessor to the one shown near the beginning
I like the flexibility in that I can watch 4K media at native res, but, I can emulate an ultra-wide monitor by setting a custom resolution (3840x1645 in my case)

55 minutes ago, Groundedbeef said:

Good review, but that background music acts more like noise

Too much noise :/

Quote me so I can reply <3

>60Hz

no thx

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

There was a topic where a person asked about upgrading his already large TV to even a bigger one as a computer monitor. I wonder if that's where they got the idea from? :D

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Typing "The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog" in multiple colors to test the effects of color compression?  

HOW FOOLISH!  How are you supposed to judge a TV's performance without the the letter "S"?!  

(Should be "jumps.")  ~_^

6 hours ago, Daniel644 said:

because they are paid off by LG, it's pretty obvious, they after all have gotten not 1 but 2 (maybe 3) LG OLED TV's including the new multi thousand dollar (more then I paid for my car) wall paper tv, where no one else has gotten anything more then the nanocell tv.

MKBHD received the 'old' wallpaper TV and the new larger wallpaper TV, but idk

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

21 hours ago, Daniel644 said:

The manufactures give out review sample in batches. 

So,,, not really surprised here. 

And people watch LTT videos for the lols, not for information.... You want actual good and useful info? Hardware Unboxed. 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

Great review but please NEVER use that background music again. Was difficult to focus on Linus' voice with the thumping bass/noise in the background.

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz

I think you missed a crucial feature of this monitor, the possibility of having 4 different devices connected at once without the bezel.
Sure this feature isn't that much of a deal for the regular user but for software developers having for example 3 computers with windows, linux and macOS + connecting his laptop or mobile phone to the extra screen and then having all those machines connected with a logitech keyboard switching machines easily or even using one of the products sponsoring you Synergy (you missed a shot here xd) to connect all the devices including the mobile one (android even though not officialy supported) is a big productive workflow.
But as you said some people will actually enjoy this for a monitor and some people will dislike it depending on their needs.

14 hours ago, mig4ng said:

I think you missed a crucial feature of this monitor, the possibility of having 4 different devices connected at once without the bezel.
Sure this feature isn't that much of a deal for the regular user but for software developers having for example 3 computers with windows, linux and macOS + connecting his laptop or mobile phone to the extra screen and then having all those machines connected with a logitech keyboard switching machines easily or even using one of the products sponsoring you Synergy (you missed a shot here xd) to connect all the devices including the mobile one (android even though not officialy supported) is a big productive workflow.
But as you said some people will actually enjoy this for a monitor and some people will dislike it depending on their needs.

A KVM switch would be a far superior solution. No reliance on dodgy hardware for your mouse and keyboard, a clean install can be ran for every machine, and it's a single point of interaction.

But that's assuming the developer is dumb enough to run multiple physical machines instead of a low overhead VM solution like KVM, Hyper-V, or Parallels on an adequate desktop or laptop.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.