Its specifications :
msi x399
ryzen 1950x Threadripper
asus gtx 1080ti
ram gskill 4 * 8 giga

samsung nvme ssd

When I turned pc on
I noticed its running too slow " boot up "
it takes from 20 to 22 second to show the image of the first " this car for msi gaming motherboard "
and take 1 minute to open windows ..

i update bios to the latest version

i clear cmos

and i try only one RAM

but still slow

this vedio for the problem :

so please help me to make the boot faster
what i do ?

Based solely on intuition and your shared video, I'm guessing that the current BIOS revision for x399 boards are having a hard time initializing the NVMe controller for the SSD. Even on proper boards NVMe SSDs take longer to boot than SATA variants, and that problem seems to be exacerbated here.

You will need to wait for new updates,

That mobo is good, but MSI doesnt know how to make a working BIOS.

Don't buy Apple M1 computers with 8GB of RAM

Why on earths would you get MSi for x399? It is soo known already MSi is still clueless on how to make their BIOS work with Ryzen.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

Unfortunately, you might just be out of luck. I know that with x299 at least post times for most mobos are in the 20-30 second range so that might just be something you'll need to deal with.

16 minutes ago, dave_k said:

4 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

Why on earths would you get MSi for x399? It is soo known already MSi is still clueless on how to make their BIOS work with Ryzen.

Their AM4 boards initially had post times issues but now they're pretty reasonable (10-15sec max iirc), plus I think the HEDT platforms tend to have higher post times.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

3 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

Unfortunately, you might just be out of luck. I know that with x299 at least post times for most mobos are in the 20-30 second range so that might just be something you'll need to deal with.

Their AM4 boards initially had post times issues but now they're pretty reasonable (10-15sec max iirc), plus I think the HEDT platforms tend to have higher post times.

10-15sec on AM4 now? Thats good, maybe i will recommend their cheaper X370s

2 minutes ago, dave_k said:

10-15sec on AM4 now? Thats good, maybe i will recommend their cheaper X370s

IIRC yes, I think I asked someone on the forum that had one and they said 15 seconds or so. Still a bit on the long side but not like the horrifying >30 seconds they used to have.

Unfortunately though, I can't verify for sure if all x399 boards have long post times since Anandtech seems to be the only one willing to do post time measurements and they haven't reviewed any x399 boards yet :/ 

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

54 minutes ago, NonaHexa said:

Based solely on intuition and your shared video, I'm guessing that the current BIOS revision for x399 boards are having a hard time initializing the NVMe controller for the SSD. Even on proper boards NVMe SSDs take longer to boot than SATA variants, and that problem seems to be exacerbated here.

thx for ur replay

so what i do to solve this problem

change the nvme to another socket or what :D

39 minutes ago, dave_k said:

thx for ur replay

Is there anything I can do?
because I saw many reviews and no one talked about this problem

I have a fear that this is a hardware problem " from the motherboard " :D
or error i made during installation 

so is there anything I can do to make sure that all the pieces are good :D

1 minute ago, dexT said:

The more complicated the board/chipset, the longer it will take to post. Go into the BIOS and disable everything you're not using. 

Prb if he tried disabling unpopulated PCIE slots.

5 minutes ago, dave_k said:

Everything. NICs, sata ports, S.M.A.R.T., boot from USB, multiple devices selected in boot order.

It's the 1970's carpet making it slower. If it wasn't hoovering the floor then it would be much faster. 

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

19 hours ago, dexT said:

The more complicated the board/chipset, the longer it will take to post. Go into the BIOS and disable everything you're not using. 

thx for ur replay

i disabled everything but still slower :(

19 hours ago, dave_k said:

i disabled but still slower

Disable your full screen logo in the BIOS so you can see what the POST messages are, this will let you see what the BIOS is doing during that time and what is actually taking the time. This is the old school way to debug these kinds of problems B|, if it was 15 years ago I would say "oh your memory check is taking all the time" or "your disk detection is hanging" but those problems don't seem to happen with modern hardware. So look at the actual POST messages and see, MSI may have something silly left on by default like "boot from the network" and it is timing out looking for a network boot device.

I had nothing but problems with my MSI X399 Gaming Pro Carbon. After two boards I got a refund and switched to Asus. I'm never buying another MSI product ever again after this experience. A lot of MSI products have been seemingly going downhill in recent years. Their effort on the X399 platform seemed half baked at best.

As far as your issues, my guess would be that there is some sort of issue with the BIOS not initializing things properly. I know that was my issue, even after multiple BIOS updates.

Main System-

Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PCMR Limited Edition

Motherboard: Asus X570 Crosshair VIII Hero WiFi

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X

GPU: Asus GeForce RTX 2080Ti Strix OC

RAM: 4x16GB (64GB) G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4 @ 3600MHz/C16

Storage: 1x Samsung 970 Evo 1TB NVMe M.2 SSD (OS), 4x Samsung 860 Evo 2TB SATA SSD

PSU: EVGA Supernova G3 1000

Cooling: Custom Loop, EKWB Quantum Velocity Copper/Plexi w/ D-RGB Upgrade Kit and Black Frame, EKWB Quantum Vector Strix Nickel/Acetal D-RGB w/ EKWB Strix Backplate in Black, Watercool MO-RA3 420 LT (180-200mm Fan Mount, Classic Black Grill High Version, Wall Mounting Bracket, Heatkiller Tube Mounting Bracket, PCIe Slot Terminal Adapter), Heatkiller Tube 200 w/ EKWB D5 PWM Pump, Bitspower Fittings, 6x EKWB Vardar X3M D-RGB 120mm Fans, 4x Noctua NF-A20 Chromax 200mm Fans, EKWB ZMT Tubing, EKWB HD-PETG Tubing

ITX System-

Case: NCase M1 V6.1

Motherboard: Asus X570 ROG Crosshair VIII Impact 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080Ti Founders Edition

RAM: 2x16GB (32GB) G.Skill Trident Z Neo @ 3600MHz/C16

Storage: 1x Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500GB NVMe m.2 SSD (OS), 1x Samsung 860 Evo 2TB m.2 SSD (Storage)

PSU: EVGA Supernova 650 GM (SFX)

Cooling: Custom Loop, Watercool Heatkiller IV Pro Black Copper (AM4), Watercool Heatkiller IV RTX 2080Ti Acetal Nickel w/ Black Backplate, 2x XSPC TX240 Radiators, Iceman Cooling Ice P5 Pump/Reservoir Combo, Bitspower Fittings, EKWB ZMT Tubing

• 2 months later...

This is related to raid. Turn it off and boot will be fast again.

I had same issue.

As for the bios init issue, I had to use plastic spacers between the case and the motherboard to solve this issue.