Mr.Meerkat's Arctic Blue VS Bananasplit's Northern Bee

Mr.Meerkat

So recently, both me and @Bananasplit_00 built custom watercooled computers. Before we even built them, we knew we were going to have a show down and as both PCs are now compete, here are the results. 

(My apologies for the potato pictures :P)

Arctic Blue: 

Spoiler

KHzxhL8.jpg

Note: This picture was taken before I recieved my RGB strips and yes, I CBA taking a new one and this is the only one that looks nice out of the existing photos.

Spoiler

Ryzen 7 1700 (as it's an upgrade)

MSI B350M Arctic (cause it's white)

Crucial ballistix white 2x8GB DDR4 (cause It's white)

Sapphire Fury cooled by a EK block 

XFX XXX 850watt with blue phanteks extentions.

White air 240

Crucial MX300 1050GB

SoundBlaster Omni USB DAC/AMP

WC parts:

Fittings-EK ACF Blue 13/10mm compression fittings 

CPU block-XSPC Raystorm 

GPU block-EK fury block 

Pump/res-10W DDC and XSPC res combo

Rad 1-EK SE240 painted white

Rad 2-XSPC white 240mm rad

Tubing-13/10mm white which under UV turns blue

Fans: 2x enermax and 2x Acool Eiswind

Northern Bee:

Spoiler

IMG_20170922_161605.jpg

Spoiler

CPU: --------------------------------- I7 4790K

GPU: ------------------------------- GTX 1080

RAM: ----------- 2x8GB 1886MHz HyperX

Case: ------------- Fractal Design Define C

Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Annaversairy

PSU: ---------- EVGA SuperNova 650 G2

Storage: 1x UV400 240GB, 1x 1TB HDD

Soundcard: ---------------- SoundBlaster Z

WC parts:

Radiators: XSPC 35mm 360 rad, EK CoolStreamSE 240

CPU Block: EK-WB Supremacy EVO (Copper/Plexi)

GPU Block: Heatkiller IV FTW/2 (Silver/Acrylic) w/ backplate

Pump: innovatek eheim pcps 1104

Reservoir: Alphacool Cape Corp Coolplex Pro 10 LT

Tubeing: Mayhems UltraClear 13/10

Fittings: 10x EK-WB ACF (Black)

Angles: 4x Alphacool 90o  1xEK-WB 45o

Fludid: Mayhems Pastel Sunset Yellow

Fans: 2x LianLi Casefans(my Noctuas were scammed off me ) 2x Fractal Case fans 1x random fan that isnt working atm

Screen shots of GPU-z and CPU-z:

Spoiler

Capture.thumb.PNG.1fff68fb2f6fd36efc6fa57fdbb1254a.PNG

59c95264f114f_Cinebenchbenchmark(uncensored).PNG.da36cc8cd6f313d44dc43a97bc954e22.PNG

Synthetic Benchmark Scores:

Spoiler

image.png.e79370509017c243c4d66f13a837927d.png

image.png.6d97a0d89151fd2ea1fbd1e3ec45620d.png

image.png.7acde63a317e3bb98a68ad45b52f2983.png

image.png.306d4f436c6ef632901496d23b1ae8bf.png

image.png.4abe9ff38687bd066bdd3e7f53276ac8.png

Gaming scores:

(Yes, we only benched two source-based games)

Spoiler

image.png.e3a8fb263febade488620d06b18f0466.png

1440p, high/very high settings

image.png

Max 1440p settings, including 8x MSAA

What were you expecting? A fury to beat out a 1080 (was only supposed to be a 1070/980ti...) or a 4790K beating a 1700 in MC/MT runs? Apart from the odd score of insurgency (I WON! avg fps wise and yes, I'm salty about max), there's nothing out of the ordinary? 

Anyway, I hope this was some what interesting to read and I'm sure both of us (me at least, anyway) enjoyed building our new rigs :D 

Also, @PCGuy_5960 here's the final results ;)

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

I WIN! :D 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

NO YOU DON'T! 

Just now, Mr.Meerkat said:

NO YOU DON'T! 

i won the most things! :P 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

i won the most things! :P 

I WON CPU OVERALL!

I WON CPU OVERALL!

I WON EVERYTHING ELSE(exept Insurgency avg but that was really strange...)!

Builds:

Spoiler

o0o0o me next! (kidding)

This looks super amusing. I'll bookmark it and read it when I eat lunch.

Fricking hell, why can't I delete the 3 CSGO graphs o_O 

I think I just found a bug... 

3 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

I WON CPU OVERALL!

You definitely got the better looking system as well ;)

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

1 minute ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Fricking hell, why can't I delete the 3 CSGO graphs o_O 

I think I just found a bug... 

move to before it and press delete untill they go away, that usiually works when nothing else does lol

Builds:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

I'm going to go with

@Mr.Meerkatbecause your cable management is terrible.Not insiide your PC(both of yours is great on the inside)but why do you have so much extra cable just hanging around outside

My life

4 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

(exept Insurgency avg

it's because it's a source game

My life

3 minutes ago, Himommies said:

it's because it's a source game

well that dosent explain why our avrage is within 0.1fps though xD if its source i should win, because it loves faster cores. even though it can use all of the 16 threads of @Mr.Meerkats Artic Blue, my 8 way faster threads take that win, like you see in CS:GO.

Builds:

Spoiler

well that dosent explain why our avrage is within 0.1fps though xD if its source i should win, because it loves faster cores. even though it can use all of the 16 threads of @Mr.Meerkats Artic Blue, my 8 way faster threads take that win, like you see in CS:GO.

Source is a just a dumb engine.In some conditions pepole have gotten more FPS in cs:go when they turn up the graphics options

My life

3 minutes ago, Himommies said:

I'm going to go with

@Mr.Meerkatbecause your cable management is terrible.Not insiide your PC(both of yours is great on the inside)but why do you have so much extra cable just hanging around outside

YAS! good think my cables are covered by my desk! :D 

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Maybe its a combination of GPU and CPU? 

Just now, Himommies said:

Source is a just a dumb engine.In some conditions pepole have gotten more FPS in cs:go when they turn up the graphics options

yes its dumb but it LOVES CPU too, so idk whats up with the insurgency score, and the game was probably limited to 300 even though i had a 301fps max, so that is probably screwing the results a bit

Maybe its a combination of GPU and CPU? 

i win the GPU by a load though and CS:GO i crush you(especially in max lol freaking 900FPS!)

Builds:

Spoiler

i win the GPU by a load though and CS:GO i crush you(especially in max lol freaking 900FPS!)

I'd just like to say this, CSGO seems to hate ryzen, you get lower FPS than an Ivybridge CPU although it has worse IPC, less cores and heck, it can be clocked lower but still get more FPS. For example, my 3570K@stock was able to push something like 300-400fps on average at 1080p whereas with my 1700, its only able to achieve 250-350fps at 1080p so...

• 2 months later...

i keep needing to refer to this thread for benchmark scores, such a usefull resource to have xD 

Builds:

Spoiler