Dead pixel?

Yongtjunkit
1 minute ago, WereCat said:

I am either blind or there is no dead pixel

I spent a good couple of minutes searching and nothing to be found. 

It's not a dead pixel it's your screen that's damaged, a dead pixel would more than likely  be a black dot

Do we try to find a dead pixel on a 8K screen or hat ? Can't see any dead pixel so far.

Just now, Mr alex said:

It's not a dead pixel it's your screen that's damaged, a dead pixel would be a black dot

4 minutes ago, Dogsparky said:

where is the dead pixel in either of the images?

4 minutes ago, Swesaera said:

6 minutes ago, WereCat said:

I am either blind or there is no dead pixel

5 minutes ago, ErrantNyles said:

Me too

Hmm, I'm not actually sure what's the term for the odd looking color on the screen, so it's a screen damage? Any can a battery cause it? Or is there another way that causes it?

Just now, Yongtjunkit said:

Hmm, I'm not actually sure what's the term for the odd looking color on the screen, so it's a screen damage? Any can a battery cause it? Or is there another way that causes it?

Honestly I'm not to sure what causes that

1 minute ago, Narnash said:

Do we try to find a dead pixel on a 8K screen or hat ? Can't see any dead pixel so far.

It's an odd looking color, a little hard to spot but it's an odd white dot 

Just now, Yongtjunkit said:

I guess my monitor at work is to crappy dirty to see that.

1 minute ago, Yongtjunkit said:

that i see, right under the V in progressive? 

A dead pixel is a little black/white/red/.. dot on your screen which is always permanently in a position.

If your screen has weird colors and you're sure your luminosity/contrast are good (change them to test) well, if it turns to a yellowish/greenish color it's probably burning slowly and it's gonna die soon. You shouldn't really worry until it starts to lose fingertracking capabilities.

8 minutes ago, Dogsparky said:

Yup that's the one I'm talking about 

Yup that's the one I'm talking about 

probably just a pressure spot, or as what was stated above that spot is burning slowly, it could be a number of things. but from what i have seen most of the time it seems to be just a slight pressure spot but you can try changing the luminosity/contrast as ErrantNyles said to see if it is as it always has been to rule out the screen going dim

59 minutes ago, Dogsparky said:

probably just a pressure spot, or as what was stated above that spot is burning slowly, it could be a number of things. but from what i have seen most of the time it seems to be just a slight pressure spot but you can try changing the luminosity/contrast as ErrantNyles said to see if it is as it always has been to rule out the screen going dim

How do I change luminosity /contrast on my iPhone?

I've also noticed this when the screen is white 

image.thumb.jpg.80cdb06a72a7df459d5cc1d56eab14bb.jpg

1 hour ago, ErrantNyles said:

A dead pixel is a little black/white/red/.. dot on your screen which is always permanently in a position.

If your screen has weird colors and you're sure your luminosity/contrast are good (change them to test) well, if it turns to a yellowish/greenish color it's probably burning slowly and it's gonna die soon. You shouldn't really worry until it starts to lose fingertracking capabilities.

1 hour ago, Dogsparky said:

1 hour ago, Narnash said:

I guess my monitor at work is to crappy dirty to see that.

1 hour ago, Mr alex said:

Honestly I'm not to sure what causes that

1 hour ago, Swesaera said:

2 minutes ago, Yongtjunkit said:

Could be from a dodgy screen replacement 

17 minutes ago, Mr alex said:

Could be from a dodgy screen replacement 

The screen is the one that came with the phone but the phone battery bloated 2 times before(battery replaced 2 times before) the screen assembly separates... Now the screen is somewhat flush since the battery is not bloating (or maybe it is)

11 minutes ago, Yongtjunkit said:

The screen is the one that came with the phone but the phone battery bloated 2 times before(battery replaced 2 times before) the screen assembly separates... Now the screen is somewhat flush since the battery is not bloating (or maybe it is)

It's just dying. It is common on LCD screens and in particular if they get really hot while charging. It should start to "grow" in size and lose fingertrack capabilities soon. You can try to replace it, or change phone. AMOLEDS are more resistant to this kind of damage.

42 minutes ago, ErrantNyles said:

It's just dying. It is common on LCD screens and in particular if they get really hot while charging. It should start to "grow" in size and lose fingertrack capabilities soon. You can try to replace it, or change phone. AMOLEDS are more resistant to this kind of damage.

Grow in size as if in the color difference?

2 minutes ago, Yongtjunkit said:

Grow in size as if in the color difference?

The "color difference" will go toward either yellow or green, and the affected zone of the display will grow in size ( a bigger area will start to change colors)

9 minutes ago, ErrantNyles said:

The "color difference" will go toward either yellow or green, and the affected zone of the display will grow in size ( a bigger area will start to change colors)

If the screen gets hot while charging, which means the area would spread? I've lost finger track in some apps sometimes and apps starts to act weirdly, is that a sign or is it just a glitch?

cut

Yes it's probably a symptom that is already dying. The occasion I had to see this problem started 3 months before the "end of possible use" of the device with a little yellow area. Then it "grow", expecially after recharging or reaching high temperatures, then it stopped to recognize fingers and apps did start to open/close/do things by themself as I was pressing them.

.. So replace the screen or the entire phone.

16 minutes ago, ErrantNyles said:

Yes it's probably a symptom that is already dying. The occasion I had to see this problem started 3 months before the "end of possible use" of the device with a little yellow area. Then it "grow", expecially after recharging or reaching high temperatures, then it stopped to recognize fingers and apps did start to open/close/do things by themself as I was pressing them.

.. So replace the screen or the entire phone.

Does oled have this issue ( the way iPhone x implement)? Probably to early to tell I guess although iOS 11 has a screen burn In protection.