Temporary Windows Account? Please Help!

VicRik

Hi guys,

My girlfriend and I just build her first computer today and it is working perfectly, except for one thing. Everytime she logs into her Windows account it shows that she has a temporary account and that all files etc. will be deleted upon signing off. 

I tried googling the problem but all I found was people who switched from windows7/8 to win10 and then got that error. None of the fixes I found helped with her case.

This is what we did:
-Build the computer

-Installed Windows 10 Education on her computer without a product key

-Noticed the problem

-Tried some of the fixes we found online

-Activated a legally bought Win10 productkey on the system.

-Here we are now.

She has the MSI B350 PC Mate. I dont know whether that is important but any case there it is :D. I really hope you guys know what to do to fix this.

If you have any questions just let me know and I will answer them ASAP.

Kind Regards,

-VicRik

PS: Not a native English Speaker.

Maybe you did not buy the correct product key, there are different versions of Windows operating Systems such as Windows 10 Pro. Also, where did you buy the key from?

2 minutes ago, ErykYT3 said:

Maybe you did not buy the correct product key, there are different versions of Windows operating Systems such as Windows 10 Pro. Also, where did you buy the key from?

The problem appeared before the key was bought. I installed Windows Educatoin because we can get That version of windows for very cheap with our student passes. It was bought from a school software kinda site here in the Netherlands. Definitley legit. 

Since online fixes didn't solve it for you i guess you can try create new local account and copy her files from old/broken profile to new one.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

10 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

Since online fixes didn't solve it for you i guess you can try create new local account and copy her files from old/broken profile to new one.

This. I had the same problem where one day I suddenly only got logged into a temporary account and couldn't log in to my own. Somehow my profile was broken. I could still access the files though through the general users folder, so I just created a new account and moved over my files from the old one.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

Best I can find is that something got corrupted, https://appuals.com/temporary-profile-issues-in-windows-10/ has some things you can try, if they don't work you can always try making a new profile and move anything over as tikker suggested

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

We got it to work by making it a local account! Thanks for the hlep guys!

does Windows 10 still have a feature "Guest account"?

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K