Nano Cell vs. Oled, which to buy?

GoldForest

My brother and I are getting the X.B.O.X. (X Box One X) but we don't have a 4K TV. So I'm going to get one for us. At first I was set on OLED for the picture, but thanks to Linus and Newegg, I've found a cheaper TV that boasts good picture. 

I want great picture, but I also want a good gaming experience with the console and not have to worry about the picture looking aweful.

So, which should I get?
Nano Cell: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAE2J5XT5170

Or

OLED: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=9SIA3YF3ZS8188

Nanocell is LG's name for quantum dot backlight, which is a variation on LCD technology. It provides a wider color gamut, but doesn't get rid of LCD's inherent flaws of slow color transitions and poor contrast, both of which OLED excels at in addition to having better color.

14 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

Nanocell is LG's name for quantum dot backlight, which is a variation on LCD technology. It provides a wider color gamut, but doesn't get rid of LCD's inherent flaws of slow color transitions and poor contrast, both of which OLED excels at in addition to having better color.

Yes, but in the video Linus did, the OLED looked to have major screen tearing problems.

I guess it almost comees down to opinion for the differences. The oled will most likely look a bit better, but the nano cell isnt a bad tv whatsoever and offers a bit of different bonuses. but in terms of the price difference, its almost a question of, is it worth the difference to you? 

6 minutes ago, Trulop said:

I guess it almost comees down to opinion for the differences. The oled will most likely look a bit better, but the nano cell isnt a bad tv whatsoever and offers a bit of different bonuses. but in terms of the price difference, its almost a question of, is it worth the difference to you? 

Which would you recommend?

8 hours ago, GoldForest said:

Still need help with this, I plan on getting a TV soon.

Does it need to be a TV? (do you have size requirements)

There are several 4K monitors that measure on the order of 43". If you don't mind not having a built-in TV tuner, you might select one of them. They won't be OLED but the response time and lack of screen tearing are sure to be there

9 minutes ago, LyondellBasell said:

Does it need to be a TV? (do you have size requirements)

There are several 4K monitors that measure on the order of 43". If you don't mind not having a built-in TV tuner, you might select one of them. They won't be OLED but the response time and lack of screen tearing are sure to be there

Yes, I would like to have a 65 inch TV for splitscreen games.

1 minute ago, GoldForest said:

Yes, I would like to have a 65 inch TV for splitscreen games.

I'd get the OLED, as a matter of personal preference. Just be aware that OLED screens definitely have a lifetime, don't buy it if you need it to be a long-term durable good.

A great website for TV info is http://www.rtings.com/tv , you'll find in depth reviews on most 4K TV's on there. I think in general, Samsung TVs have the lowest input lag in game mode. I have a Samsung UN50KU6300 and it's fantastic in the game mode, I don't notice any input lag at all playing on my XBone. 

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X @ 4.7GHz | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 | Motherboard: X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI | RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB | Case: NCase M1 v6.0 | SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo+ 1TB, 860 Evo 1TB | CPU Cooler: H100i ELITE CAPELLIX | MonitorsLG 27GN950-B 4K 165Hz |

• 2 months later...
On 9/24/2017 at 5:13 PM, LyondellBasell said:

I'd get the OLED, as a matter of personal preference. Just be aware that OLED screens definitely have a lifetime, don't buy it if you need it to be a long-term durable good.

And they have image retention problems, so as a gamer, if your going to leave a screen on pause (especially over 10 Minutes) that is something to consider.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/tests/picture-quality/image-retention-burn-in