Twitch.tv and obs problems with Comcast

I have the Extreme 150 package and on speedtest.xfinity.com I get about 170 Down and ~13 Upload. Just 3 days ago non-stop to now, whenever I try to start streaming my bandwidth to twitch or youtube goes down the drain. I have a Xfinity Arris TG682. I've tried restarting my modem, changing ethernet ports, and updating drivers. When I stream my connection to everything else is fine, I just lose bandwidth. 

18 minutes ago, Beastattack said:

I have the Extreme 150 package and on speedtest.xfinity.com I get about 170 Down and ~13 Upload. Just 3 days ago non-stop to now, whenever I try to start streaming my bandwidth to twitch or youtube goes down the drain. I have a Xfinity Arris TG682. I've tried restarting my modem, changing ethernet ports, and updating drivers. When I stream my connection to everything else is fine, I just lose bandwidth. 

Thats most likely because your over taxing the upload. 13 Mbps isnt a lot, keep in mind any device on the network has to use that upload to send request to website for info. When it comes to streaming online its not about the download its all upload. When you over tax your upload it can screw your internet. Ive seen this when using Bit torrent which is heavily upload heavy like streaming. You might try some QoS options if your router has them. Limit the bandwidth twitch and YouTube use. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

1 minute ago, Donut417 said:

Thats most likely because your over taxing the upload. 13 Mbps isnt a lot, keep in mind any device on the network has to use that upload to send request to website for info. When it comes to streaming online its not about the download its all upload. When you over tax your upload it can screw your internet. Ive seen this when using Bit torrent which is heavily upload heavy like streaming. You might try some QoS options if your router has them. Limit the bandwidth twitch and YouTube use. 

It's been like that forever, worked fine with 5000 bitrate until yesterday. Thanks for help though.

12 hours ago, Beastattack said:

It's been like that forever, worked fine with 5000 bitrate until yesterday. Thanks for help though.

Comcast could be doing upgrade in your area as well. Keep in mind they are deploying Docsis 3.1 in many areas. You live in Chicago which would probably be one of the areas. If it worked before than its probably on their end. You could call and complain but I doubt that will amount to anything. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

On 9/24/2017 at 11:27 AM, Donut417 said:

Comcast could be doing upgrade in your area as well. Keep in mind they are deploying Docsis 3.1 in many areas. You live in Chicago which would probably be one of the areas. If it worked before than its probably on their end. You could call and complain but I doubt that will amount to anything. 

Only thing is that its never happened before so it could be that, but it's been happening since Friday.