Channel Super Fun

Vandorlot

Anybody know whats going on with ChannelSuperFun? @LinusTech 

My Rig

CPU - Ryzen 5 1600@3.8ghz          GPU - XFX XXX RX580 8g          Cooler - Arctic Freezer 33 eSports edition green          Motherboard - Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3          Ram -  G.Skill 2x8 Ripjaws 5 2666                   Case - Pahntecs P400s TGE Modded with Green accents          PSU - Seasonic M1211 evo 620w          SSD - Samsung 960 evo 500 GB          HDD - Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 2tb       

Fans - 2 be quiet SilentWings 3         OS - Windows 10 Home 64-Bit         Cables - Cable Mod Green Cable Extension

Peripherals

Mouse - Logitech G502          Keyboard - k95 Platinum Brown          Headset - Philips SHP9500s + Vmoda Boom Pro          Monitor - LG 29UM69GB

Webcam - USB webcam for Wii Fitness game xD

6 minutes ago, Vandorlot said:

Anybody know whats going on with ChannelSuperFun? @LinusTech 

its a side project and on hold. They said a while back videos would basically cease to exist for CSF until they felt it was fitting to do. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Berkel left, they don't really know what to do with the channel cause their ideas are running out, and they aren't uploading as often.

That's about it.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

What is there to say? My understanding is that they have moved to more sporadic uploads instead of scheduled ones so its less of a chore (I think they spoke about it on the WAN show at some point). 

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @4.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 
Motherboard:  ASUS Maximus VIII Hero 
GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme 1070 @ 2114Mhz
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W G2

Peripherals 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Browns
Mouse: Logitech G502 
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver 

Monitor: U2713M @ 75Hz

10 minutes ago, rn8686 said:

What is there to say? My understanding is that they have moved to more sporadic uploads instead of scheduled ones so its less of a chore (I think they spoke about it on the WAN show at some point). 

That could be beneficial to the channel as I feel lot of recent videos are contrived and lacking creativity. 

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

After Berkel left, its been Colton's reponsibility. So there isn't dedicated cameraperson/editor for it anymore. Being like that, its moved from scheduled content to "release when ready".

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Last upload was a week ago, so it's not like it's dead. Now it's just whenever there's an idea that might actually be fun to do, instead of the endless repetitions of things to do with water balloons or remote controlled cars. There's been imo some real gems on that channel, but also a lot of videos that just seemed bleh (and I mean before Berkel left, so totally not a before and after thing), so hopefully now that there's no schedule it'll get back to being fun. (did that make sense? just woke up)

Anyone who tells you that you can't do something is unimaginative and probably a coward.

I think that Floatplane will overtake CSF at least that's what I would expect to happen.

"The Codex Electronica does not support this overclock."

3 minutes ago, Hybris5112 said:

I think that Floatplane will overtake CSF at least that's what I would expect to happen.

Floatplane and CSF are 2 very different things

2 hours ago, Hybris5112 said:

...How? One being video release platform and other being side channel.

E: Also, one bringing money in and other wasting it.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

5 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

...How? One being video release platform and other being side channel.

E: Also, one bringing money in and other wasting it.

My thought would be that being on a platform they control might allow for different content then what Youtube would allow thus open up new possibilities whatever they maybe without hurting the core youtube income.

"The Codex Electronica does not support this overclock."

1 minute ago, Hybris5112 said:

My thought would be that being on a platform they control might allow for different content then what Youtube would allow thus open up new possibilities whatever they maybe without hurting the core youtube income.

Hardly would call it overtaking. If that would happen, it would be more like reborn or new direction.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Hey everyone,

The entire team has been so busy with other projects these past few weeks that we haven't had a chance to record anything in a little while. We shifted Channel Super Fun's release schedule from once per week, to when we have something. :P It's been a little tough, but expect something to come out within the next few weeks here.