Problem in loop?

nfs2192

There seems to be something weird going on in my loop. Does anyone know what this is?

IMG_20170923_091452.jpg

Not sure what you mean, but it could be dirt or if you don't have biocide it could be algee

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

looks like to top left screw hole has broken. i would replace asap, should probably not even boot it.

Barrow waterblock? Wouldn't use them myself but wouldn't surprised if there's something goofy about them. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

@nfs2192, that particular Barrow block has uneven screws, sure the seller didn't tell you that, and you have fractured/cracked the end of the thread, it may not leak but it will be ruined if you unscrew it because you won't get a screw to catch the threads again. Get a new block before you remove this one and check for leaks periodically.

Also, looks like air is trapped in the bottom left of the block, that happens sometimes.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

8 hours ago, Leonard said:

@nfs2192, that particular Barrow block has uneven screws, sure the seller didn't tell you that, and you have fractured/cracked the end of the thread, it may not leak but it will be ruined if you unscrew it because you won't get a screw to catch the threads again. Get a new block before you remove this one and check for leaks periodically.

Also, looks like air is trapped in the bottom left of the block, that happens sometimes.

So I shouldn't have taken the block apart that's my fault. Will buy another. And tips on how to clean the loop noticed something black in it.

1 hour ago, nfs2192 said:

So I shouldn't have taken the block apart that's my fault. Will buy another. And tips on how to clean the loop noticed something black in it.

Yeah, taking it apart can cuase the thread holes to become worse than it is, it may worsen the fracture/crack.

To clean the loop you should get Primochill's sysprep and follow the instructions. Now if you do not have a CPU block then you can just make a loop without it and clean the radiator and pump while you wait on your new block. Also, make sure not to get any aluminium block unless you already have an aluminum radiator. I hope you have a PSU jumper around, it is like $5 get one for future use, now if you are comfortable with manually jumping the PSU then that is fine too..

1 hour ago, Leonard said:

Yeah, taking it apart can cuase the thread holes to become worse than it is, it may worsen the fracture/crack.

To clean the loop you should get Primochill's sysprep and follow the instructions. Now if you do not have a CPU block then you can just make a loop without it and clean the radiator and pump while you wait on your new block. Also, make sure not to get any aluminium block unless you already have an aluminum radiator. I hope you have a PSU jumper around, it is like $5 get one for future use, now if you are comfortable with manually jumping the PSU then that is fine too..

Yea I manually jumped it and tested it before. I have mayhem pastel white I plan to add when I get a gpu block 

3 minutes ago, nfs2192 said:

Yea I manually jumped it and tested it before. I have mayhem pastel white I plan to add when I get a gpu block 

Primochill's sysprep is not a coolant it is a cleaner for the pump, radiator and blocks, you run it like a coolant for a week or so and then drain, washout with distilled water and then fill with your coolant.

1 minute ago, Leonard said:

Primochill's sysprep is not a coolant it is a cleaner for the pump, radiator and blocks, you run it like a coolant for a week or so and then drain, washout with distilled water and then fill with your coolant.

Ok so get new cpu block, add gpu, add primochill for a week, drain then add pastel 

4 minutes ago, nfs2192 said:

Ok so get new cpu block, add gpu, add primochill for a week, drain then add pastel 

No, get primochill sysprep, clean your radiator and pump now, then drain then flush then drain again then add GPU  and new CPU block and then add pastel. The new CPU and GPU blocks will be very clean., it is the radiator and pump you have now that will be dirty and will need cleaning. Now you can also wait until you get your CPU and GPU blocks then make your loop then add primochill sysprep then drain and then add pastel but the wait time is too long IMO, if you clean your pump and radiator now you will be ready to just drain and flush then add pastel when the CPU and GPu blocks come.

On 9/23/2017 at 11:20 PM, Leonard said:

No, get primochill sysprep, clean your radiator and pump now, then drain then flush then drain again then add GPU  and new CPU block and then add pastel. The new CPU and GPU blocks will be very clean., it is the radiator and pump you have now that will be dirty and will need cleaning. Now you can also wait until you get your CPU and GPU blocks then make your loop then add primochill sysprep then drain and then add pastel but the wait time is too long IMO, if you clean your pump and radiator now you will be ready to just drain and flush then add pastel when the CPU and GPu blocks come.

How do I clean just the pump and radiator. It seems like the cpu block is dirty have a hard loop so I would have to build a loop with the the pump and res?

42 minutes ago, nfs2192 said:

How do I clean just the pump and radiator. It seems like the cpu block is dirty have a hard loop so I would have to build a loop with the the pump and res?

Just make a mock loop outside the case with short runs with the pump and radiator just to clean it now so that when you get the blocks you can make you normal loop, this way you won't contaminate the crisp new blocks with old gunk.