Project Cars 2 VR ISSUES (SOLVED read thread for more informations)

i_build_nanosuits
Go to solution Solved by i_build_nanosuits,

EDIT:

To add to this thread (Please like this if you read this) has i feel it'll be googled a lot this week end...

i played a fair bit today and here is my conclusion

GTX 1080 Project cars 2 VR best settings Nvidia / Oculus Rift

With these i feel i get the best image quality and the 90FPS is met:

image.png

image.png

image.pngimage.png

image.png

If you have a GTX 1080ti i would recommend the same settings, but use 1.4X super sampling.

If you have an AMD Vega card, or a Fury X...why?B|

Guys i bought this game to play on my Oculus Rift today payed full retail...only to have issues

1- To get 90FPS i need to run with no supersampling what so ever...and even then it dips...settings are AS LOW as they can go...100% and i get FPS drops and barely have enough GPU horsepower to sustain 90FPS even when i'm ALONE on a track...i have a GTX 1080 running at 1970mhz core and overclocked GDDR5X...go figure

2- i can't join ANY multiplayer session...simply does not work.

Please, if anybody has the game running well in VR post settings and tell me if you are able to join multiplayer or not....

i googled but found nothing...i use a logitech G25 wheel and OCULUS rift

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

28 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

Guys i bought this game to play on my Oculus Rift today payed full retail...only to have issues

1- To get 90FPS i need to run with no supersampling what so ever...and even then it dips...settings are AS LOW as they can go...100% and i get FPS drops and barely have enough GPU horsepower to sustain 90FPS even when i'm ALONE on a track...i have a GTX 1080 running at 1970mhz core and overclocked GDDR5X...go figure

2- i can't join ANY multiplayer session...simply does not work.

Please, if anybody has the game running well in VR post settings and tell me if you are able to join multiplayer or not....

i googled but found nothing...i use a logitech G25 wheel and OCULUS rift

Sad....

I loved the first one...

About the game itself... how is it ? what changed ? sorry to not help for ur issue tho

CPU: Intel i7 6700K 4.5 ghz / CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 / Board: Asus Z170-A / GPU: Asus Rog Strix GTX 1070 8GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3000 mhz / SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB / PSU: Corsair RMx 850w / Case: Fractal Design Define S / Keyboard: Corsair MX Silent / Mouse: Logitech G403 / Monitor: Dell 27" TN 1ms 1440p/144hz Gsync

7 hours ago, gbergeron said:

Sad....

I loved the first one...

About the game itself... how is it ? what changed ? sorry to not help for ur issue tho

Turns out i was still supersampling at 1.5X for some reason, and with that, only lowest settings would provide 90FPS...now i'm using 1.2X and i can do medium settings and 90FPS even in rain or snow even with 10+ other cars in front. The game is bloody good i recommend it!

..and they patched the game at 19:48 and now multiplayer works like a charm...it's really good!

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

EDIT:

To add to this thread (Please like this if you read this) has i feel it'll be googled a lot this week end...

i played a fair bit today and here is my conclusion

GTX 1080 Project cars 2 VR best settings Nvidia / Oculus Rift

With these i feel i get the best image quality and the 90FPS is met:

image.png

image.png

image.pngimage.png

image.png

If you have a GTX 1080ti i would recommend the same settings, but use 1.4X super sampling.

If you have an AMD Vega card, or a Fury X...why?B|

• 4 weeks later...

You do realize that the profile you created in OTT is using the regular exe for Pcars2 and not for VR? 

So none of your SS changes are actually applied to the game from OTT.

All you are getting is standard 1.0 SS applied from the in game settings......

You need to add pCARS2AVX.exe as a game profile in OTT.

PS - you should be able to set higher settings than you have for a 1080....

Cheers.