212 eco can twist if forced

elexi0s

The hyper 212 ego is only connected to the bracket by 1 pin, so if forced it can be twisted. Is this intentional, it it a problem or did I screw up the installation somehow.

its normal. Once you have it on there, why move it?

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

K thanks, why the hell is it designed that way just seems like a heavy cooler may rotate over time tbh

2 minutes ago, elexi0s said:

The hyper 212 ego is only connected to the bracket by 1 pin, so if forced it can be twisted. Is this intentional, it it a problem or did I screw up the installation somehow.

Any CPU cooler can bend and or twist with enough force, but you shouldnt worry. It wont bend on it's own accord via the weight of the cooler

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

But there is pins that should prevent it from twisting too far. You should also have it installed parallel to the ram sticks

CPU: Ryzen 1700@3.9ghz; GPU: EVGA 560 Ti 1gb; RAM: 16gb 2x8 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000; PCPP: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/b3xzzM

3 minutes ago, elexi0s said:

K thanks, why the hell is it designed that way just seems like a heavy cooler may rotate over time tbh

This cooler? It's a total lightweight

https://www.amazon.com/Noctua-NH-D15-heatpipe-NF-A15-140mm/dp/B00L7UZMAK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1506093400&sr=8-1&keywords=nh+d15

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HPX7J4K/ref=psdc_11036281_t4_B00L7UZMAK

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 minute ago, TVwazhere said:

Any CPU cooler can bend and or twist with enough force, but you shouldnt worry. It wont bend on it's own accord via the weight of the cooler

Elexis means the mounting hardware, not the actual metal bending

CPU: Ryzen 1700@3.9ghz; GPU: EVGA 560 Ti 1gb; RAM: 16gb 2x8 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000; PCPP: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/b3xzzM

14 hours ago, elexi0s said:

It doesn't make much of a difference in performance but the way it's designed means manufacturing is cheaper.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

On 22.9.2017 at 6:14 PM, elexi0s said:

It doesn't though. If it would move from lightest touch, then it would be issue. But if you need to use some force, then it doesn't move by itself. Plus its very lightweight cooler in comparison.

Main reason for them to build bracket like that is very easy compatibility across multiple sockets. With single bracket they are covering LGA775, LGA115x, LGA1366 and some AMD sockets I can't remember. With purpose-made backplate, thats really cheap combination to manufacture.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv