Looking for a reservoir + D5 pump combo

Go to solution Solved by cbc02009,

here's the dimensions for a d5. you likely won't be able to fit it back there, unfortunately.

XRES_Revo_D5_140_rtna_risba.png

Even the smaller version is still 160mm tall.

Hey all,

I'm looking to add a second reservoir+pump to my system and split my GPU/CPU cooling duties.   There is a restriction in size however, as it is going into my Enthoo Primo case on the left side.  I'm not very familiar with the better types of reservoirs out there so was looking for some guidance.   My main concern is the width as it needs to fit within the area shown or it will rub up against my PCI-e cards.  Here is a schematic of how small a space I got to work with.  The measurement is in millimeters. I think 100mm wide is about what I got to work with and about 150mm tall. And thanks!

2.thumb.jpg.eb0102a5b583f91e3f2d25f0d87f32a3.jpg

Phanteks Enthoo Elite | Intel I9 - 7900X | Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme | MSI 1080 TI 

32Gb Dominator Platinum Special Edition Blackout 3200MHz  | Samsung 960 Pro | 2x Samsung 961 Pro (Raid 0) 256Gb M.2 SSD  

Samsung 850 Pro 512Gb | WD Black 4TB | Corsair AX1200i

likely wont work with any type of graphics card to mount it there. You would be better of getting like a bracket you can attach to a fan mount or something similar. 

Something like this: NOTE: They also have 120mm versions of this bracket as well. 

http://www.performance-pcs.com/pump-accessories/ek-uni-pump-bracket-140mm-fan-vertical.html

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Just now, legacy99 said:

likely wont work with any type of graphics card to mount it there. You would be better of getting like a bracket you can attach to a fan mount or something similar. 

Something like this: NOTE: They also have 120mm versions of this bracket as well. 

http://www.performance-pcs.com/pump-accessories/ek-uni-pump-bracket-140mm-fan-vertical.html

Nice bracket but I'm looking for the actual reservoir+Pump.

Phanteks Enthoo Elite | Intel I9 - 7900X | Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme | MSI 1080 TI 

32Gb Dominator Platinum Special Edition Blackout 3200MHz  | Samsung 960 Pro | 2x Samsung 961 Pro (Raid 0) 256Gb M.2 SSD  

here's the dimensions for a d5. you likely won't be able to fit it back there, unfortunately.

Even the smaller version is still 160mm tall.

Just now, cbc02009 said:

Hmm It is a good width at 88, I think I have about 100.  Height at 187  yeah.   I have SOME lee-way with the height if I get the type of bracket that allows me to slide the reservoir up or down. I can move my rear fan up about 15-20mm to the full top position so maybe.... That is an EK version. I'll give it a look  see.

1 minute ago, brighttail said:

Hmm It is a good width at 88, I think I have about 100.  Height at 187  yeah.   I have SOME lee-way with the height if I get the type of bracket that allows me to slide the reservoir up or down. I can move my rear fan up about 15-20mm to the full top position so maybe.... That is an EK version. I'll give it a look  see.

The way the D5 is designed, I doubt there's much leeway in vertical adjustment. Move it down any more than it is, and you block the outlet holes with the bracket. You might be better off getting the D5 and the reservoir separate. That case is pretty large, IIRC.

2 minutes ago, cbc02009 said:

The way the D5 is designed, I doubt there's much leeway in vertical adjustment. Move it down any more than it is, and you block the outlet holes with the bracket. You might be better off getting the D5 and the reservoir separate. That case is pretty large, IIRC.

I'm on EK's site right now. I meant moving the whole assembly up and down which the bracket seems to allow.  The bracket can be in the middle of the area designated for the pump.  From there i slide the pump+reservoir into the ring that holds it and I can slide the whole thing up/down to ensure it fits in the area I need.  This might actually work. :)  The pump is powerful enough to go through a 420mm rad and the CPU so that is all good.  Just gotta make sure that the bracket would align properly with the case to screw in properly.

If you install it correctly it will work. My case has that same amount of room. Made mine work. 

IMG_1992.JPG

IMG_2100.JPG

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

Your best bet is probably something like the EK XRES-100 with D5. It comes with everything you will need in the box and then buy this kit or something with the middle mounting clip for 60mm res tubes to mount it there. Youll have to not use EK mount at all for this one...

1 hour ago, Mick Naughty said:

If you install it correctly it will work. My case has that same amount of room. Made mine work. 

IMG_1992.JPG

IMG_2100.JPG

Yeah I think that would work in my RIG. I'll get the type that you can have the inlet come in from the top tho.

The Full length of XRes 100 w/ D5 is 150mm you will be good without any shenanigans just need to buy the proper mount from them to replace one the kit comes with (all linked for you)~  PN# should match if you so wish to order directly from them. :D Show it off when your done with it 

Alternatively I can just buy an Enthoo Elite and not have to worry about space... :) LOL.

Thank you all for the suggestions. I think the EK line here will work and as you said I gotta make sure I get the right bracket. The nice thing is the back area where the reservoir would mount is a mesh grill so even if it isn't 100% perfect, a washer will allow me to mount it still and hold it into place.  I would use one of the fill ports to be the inlet so I can use the bottom inlet as my drain port.

Now I gotta figure out my runs and how to make them look good.  I wish I could do hardline but I'm just not as experienced nor do I have the confidence in bending anything. :)