'facvtory reset' of an sshd

J.Munslow

i have an sshd installed in my system, which i have removed from my last PC. the drive has a few partitions on it that i would like to completely remove.

image.png.cc8cf8fa1c915f1f24778419be81b464.png

the drive is disk 0 in this screenshot.

any help is appreciated.

Current Specs:

Intel Core i7 6700k

RTX 3060ti

32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 3000MHz DDR4

Asus Z170 Pro Gaming ATX

Corsair RM850x PSU

Corsair H55

1TB Seagate SSHD

4TB Seagate Barracuda

500GB Hitachi HDD

256GB Samsung 960 Evo M.2

BeQuiet Silent Base 800

---------

Corsair M65 Pro RGB

Corsair K70 Lux RGB

Roccat Taito

Xbone Controller

Logitec Z333

Samsung SyncMaster SA10

LG Ultrawide 25"

Just right click on them and remove them. Done. 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

Right click the partition and choose format, do that for all relevant partitions and than afterwards you can right click again and make a new volume out of it.

Note: format = removing everything on the drive.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

3 minutes ago, Jamiec1130 said:

Just right click on them and remove them. Done. 

image.png.a2044ace87ded33fc83bb21030b71554.png

i have no option to remove them?

Current Specs:

Intel Core i7 6700k

RTX 3060ti

Asus Z170 Pro Gaming ATX

Corsair RM850x PSU

Corsair H55

1TB Seagate SSHD

4TB Seagate Barracuda

500GB Hitachi HDD

BeQuiet Silent Base 800

---------

Corsair M65 Pro RGB

Corsair K70 Lux RGB

Roccat Taito

Xbone Controller

Logitec Z333

Samsung SyncMaster SA10

LG Ultrawide 25"

6 minutes ago, Minibois said:

Right click the partition and choose format, do that for all relevant partitions and than afterwards you can right click again and make a new volume out of it.

Note: format = removing everything on the drive.

hi, i am unable to format the unallocated 200gb. i have attempted to add this volume to the 'new volume' though i am recieving an error saying there is not enough room on the disk.image.thumb.png.999ac275edab05629707f14370025630.png

Current Specs:

Intel Core i7 6700k

RTX 3060ti

Asus Z170 Pro Gaming ATX

Corsair RM850x PSU

Corsair H55

1TB Seagate SSHD

4TB Seagate Barracuda

500GB Hitachi HDD

BeQuiet Silent Base 800

---------

Corsair M65 Pro RGB

Corsair K70 Lux RGB

Roccat Taito

Xbone Controller

Logitec Z333

Samsung SyncMaster SA10

LG Ultrawide 25"

Just now, J.Munslow said:

Unallocated means it is already formatted.

And you're likely receiving that error because your disk stores it files in 'chronological order', which means later when you delete some stuff: you have some empty spots between your data. Windows is not able to allocate that space fully, because it's inbetween stuff.

Anyways, to fix this you should defrag. Defragging just sorts out the stuff on the hard drive to get it in the 'right order'. After this it might work, although in my case last time I tried it didn't. If it didn't work, you can use a tool like Defraggler, which is sometimes just a bit better at defragging and follow the same procedures mentioned before.

In my case, when I tried this some time ago, it worked pretty much flawlessly and I was able to add the unallocated space to my volume.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Just now, Minibois said:

Unallocated means it is already formatted.

And you're likely receiving that error because your disk stores it files in 'chronological order', which means later when you delete some stuff: you have some empty spots between your data. Windows is not able to allocate that space fully, because it's inbetween stuff.

Anyways, to fix this you should defrag. Defragging just sorts out the stuff on the hard drive to get it in the 'right order'. After this it might work, although in my case last time I tried it didn't. If it didn't work, you can use a tool like Defraggler, which is sometimes just a bit better at defragging and follow the same procedures mentioned before.

In my case, when I tried this some time ago, it worked pretty much flawlessly and I was able to add the unallocated space to my volume.

is defragging an action in diskpart?

Current Specs:

Intel Core i7 6700k

RTX 3060ti

Asus Z170 Pro Gaming ATX

Corsair RM850x PSU

Corsair H55

1TB Seagate SSHD

4TB Seagate Barracuda

500GB Hitachi HDD

BeQuiet Silent Base 800

---------

Corsair M65 Pro RGB

Corsair K70 Lux RGB

Roccat Taito

Xbone Controller

Logitec Z333

Samsung SyncMaster SA10

LG Ultrawide 25"

Just now, J.Munslow said:

is defragging an action in diskpart?

Assuming Windows 10, you just search for 'Defragment' and the built in program will show up.

Defraggler is a program you have to download/install manually.

23 hours ago, Minibois said:

Assuming Windows 10, you just search for 'Defragment' and the built in program will show up.

Defraggler is a program you have to download/install manually.

image.thumb.png.4dbb4e3813bfaab798b03f4fefaef5f0.pngit seems as though defraggler is failing to detect my 'disk 0'

Current Specs:

Intel Core i7 6700k

RTX 3060ti

Asus Z170 Pro Gaming ATX

Corsair RM850x PSU

Corsair H55

1TB Seagate SSHD

4TB Seagate Barracuda

500GB Hitachi HDD

BeQuiet Silent Base 800