Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ickyvicky125

Are gaming chairs worth it??

Posted · Original PosterOP

So I want to invest in a chair that’s comfortable for long gaming sessions. Idc about looks, and I don’t have a budget. I just need to know what type of chairs I want to look at if I want something comfy . I have a regular office chair that I bought for like 50 bucks new and it’s not comfortable at all . (Had it for over a year now). Any chairs you guys have that are good for your back & bum?

gaming chairs arent worth it in general, a chair all depends on ur own comfort... some ppl prefer fatty chairs some prefer soft thin chairs... its all personal preference, i recommend looking for a MANAGER chair rather then a gaming chair, they are designed for extended periods of sitting ( usually way cheaper too ) i got a good chair for 100$ myself x)

(◑‿◐)

go to staples (I think, i'm not from USA) and go sit in a few there, gaming chairs are super over priced and offer OK levels of comfort. 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

4 minutes ago, ickyvicky125 said:

So I want to invest in a chair that’s comfortable for long gaming sessions. Idc about looks, and I don’t have a budget. I just need to know what type of chairs I want to look at if I want something comfy . I have a regular office chair that I bought for like 50 bucks new and it’s not comfortable at all . (Had it for over a year now). Any chairs you guys have that are good for your back & bum?

A gaming chair is just a normal office chair with an orange stripe and a price tag that's 3 times higher.

Go to an office supply store as some of them sell some very comfortable and ergonomic chairs that you can sit in and get a feel for. A good chair will fit you properly and will not have the cushion material go flat on you after a short period of sitting. For longer sessions you will need a chair with good back support. Most gaming chairs I see only have a small cushion that is meant to support your back. These are good for laying back in but less for sitting properly which causes back pain. Something with an adjustable backrest that has a proper adjustable lumbar support system built in is the way to go. Other features like a quality base or adjustable arm rests are up to you but I personally prefer fully adjustable base and arm rests.

EDIT: a word

[ Insert computer specs here ]

Depending on where you live you may have a used office furniture warehouse nearby. There are DOZENS around here. You would probably want to find executive/manager chairs or conference chairs. You can find higher end cushier ones dirt cheap. But, definitely try them out first. And if you ever win the lotto you are gonna want a chair by ERA Products. THe Chairman and the Newport look super comfy. And they make special ones for like 911 call centers and such that are made to be comfortable for 12+ hours, and have a lifetime warranty on the structure of the chair.

When I looked at getting a gaming chair, I found they are basically an expensive way to get a really bad chair. I sat down in one in a shop, and instantly wanted to get out of it. It forced me to slump, and the wings crunched my shoulders in quite an unpleasant way, not to mention the headrest and lumbar support being horrid. Spend your money on a decent office chair. You'll get a much better result.

If you want a really good chair and money is no object, the form way life chair is really good we have a few of those at work, they are ultra comfy. Only downside is the price.

Sync RGB fans with motherboard RGB header.

Main rig:

Ryzen 7 1700x (4.05GHz)

EVGA GTX 1070 FTW ACX 3.0

16GB G. Skill Flare X 3466MHz CL14

Crosshair VI Hero

EK Supremacy Evo

EVGA SuperNova 850 G2

Intel 540s 240GB, Intel 520 240GB + WD Black 500GB

Corsair Crystal Series 460x

Asus Strix Soar

Laptop:

Dell E6430s

i7-3520M + On board GPU

16GB 1600MHz DDR3.

Not a fan of the wannabe racing chairs. They're about as cool as a fidget spinner is today. Either go built for comfort office chair or get an actual car seat if you want that look without the poser stigma.

SNOWHEART - laptop

Model: TRACER III 17R XTREME VR 800 || CPU: Intel i7-8750H  || RAM: AData 16GB || GPU: Nvidia RTX 2070 || Storage: Intel 660P 512GB Display: 1920x1080p 144hz

PRISIMHEART 2.0 - desktop

Case: TT Core V1 || PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 750w || MB: Asrock Fata1ity AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac || CPU: AMD Ryzen R5 1600 || CPU Cooler: Cryorig H7 w/ FD Venturi fan || RAM: G.Skill Flare X 16GB || GPU: Galax GTX 1070 EXOC-SNPR || Storage: Samsung 860 Evo 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + SG Firecuda 2TB

PERIPHERALS / DISPLAY

Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum || Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Steelseries RIval 650 || Monitor: HP Omen 32

I personally tried one and hated it, it's just feels like a regular office chair and not worth the extra money. Also, those "wings" are a huge turnoff as my sides kept touching its base so I'm feeling this bump on both my sides and was uncomfortable the entire time. The lumbar cushion was terrible as well, it was too small and hard and barely did anything.

No.

PC:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 6500 | GPU: EVGA GTX 660 SC | MoBo: ASUS B150 plus | RAM: 8GB Ballistix 2400 | Case: Define R4 | PSU: EVGA 650GQ | SSD: ADATA SP550 120GB |

HDD: 1TB WD blue | OS: Windows 10 Pro 

Dad's PC:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400 | MoBo: Asrock H110 | Ram: 4GB Ballistix 2400 | SSD: ADATA Su800 128GB | PSU: Delta 400w | Case: Dell Vostro 460| OS: Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

Spoiler

A really crappy Dell dimension D630 rocking a core 2 duo. Upgrading to a sandy bridge Thinkpad soon!

Accessories:

Spoiler

Keyboard: Magicforce 68 | Mouse: Mionix NAOS 7000 | Monitor: ACER R240HY | Mic: Blue Snowball iCE | Headphones: SuperLux HD668B | AMP/DAC: FiiO E07k      Phone: LG v20 

At home I'm very happy gaming in my La-Z-Boy recliner.

Good for the bad back.

i7-6700k

Dark Rock TF

MSI Z170A Gaming Pro

Corsair LED 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3000

960 EVO NVMe M.2 500GB, PNY CS2211 960GB, 850 EVO 500GB, WD Black 1TB, WD Blue 4TB

MSI GEFORCE GTX 980 4GB Armor 2X

Antec HCG M 750W

Creative Labs Z to Home Theater

Lian Li 011 Dynamic Black

BENQ GW2765HT. Samsung S22B420BW

--------------------------------------------

i3-6100

CRYORIG - C7 

ASUS Z170i Pro Gaming

ADATA - XPG Z1 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 

DREVO X1 PRO 128GB SSD, Barracuda 1TB, PNY - CS1211 240GB

MSI Radeon R9 390x 8GB

EVGA 750 BQ 

Thermaltake P3 White

LG - 27MP37HQ-B 27.0", LG L1952TX-SF

--------------------------------------------

G4560

MasterAir G100M RGB

Gigabyte - GA-Z170XP-SLI 

Corsair - Vengeance LPX 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-3000

Intel - 600p Series 256GB, WD Blue 1TB

Gigabyte GV-R777OC-1GD, Asus HD7770-DC-1GD5-V2

Antec HCG 620W

Corsair - Air 540

Gaming Chairs are like games nowadays. 

Like those games with big swords that the characters wield in 1 hand just to make them look "cool". But when you take time to REALLY understand the game, apart from all those big weapons and flaming swords and stuff, they have little to no content. They're just "entertaining" because of how the characters look.

In some way, gaming chairs are just like that. They look awesome for some (they look crappy to me to be honest), but when used for what was intended, you'll find that they are useless and you just threw money away.

Get some decent office chair. You'll be more than happy with it compared to these so-called "gaming chairs".

NOTE : Why are they even called gaming chairs? Dat naming scheme.

CPU : Ryzen 7 2700X / Cooler : AMD Wraith Prism / MB : MSI B450 Tomahawk / Ram : 2x8gb TeamGroup Dark Pro 3200mhz CL16 / GPU : XFX RX 480 GTR Black Edition / PSU : Seasonic Focus+ 650FX 80+ Gold / Case : Tecware Vega / Monitor : AOC G2790PX 144hz / Mouse : Logitech G502 Proteus Core / Keyboard : Filco Majestouch 2 Cherry MX Blue

2 minutes ago, ZakuII said:

NOTE : Why are they even called gaming chairs? Dat naming scheme.

Well putting gaming in the name means they can charge more, despite it being functionally identical or worse than most non-gaming stuff.

This mostly happens at the low end. "Heres a gaming keyboard and mouse combo for $15" Looks at it a bit harder and realizes its a keyboard and mouse off ali-express thats been painted cool colors.

Sync RGB fans with motherboard RGB header.

Main rig:

Ryzen 7 1700x (4.05GHz)

EVGA GTX 1070 FTW ACX 3.0

16GB G. Skill Flare X 3466MHz CL14

Crosshair VI Hero

EK Supremacy Evo

EVGA SuperNova 850 G2

Intel 540s 240GB, Intel 520 240GB + WD Black 500GB

Corsair Crystal Series 460x

Asus Strix Soar

Laptop:

Dell E6430s

i7-3520M + On board GPU

16GB 1600MHz DDR3.

Gaming chairs are like Razer products. They're over-priced (even more so than Apple), underdeliver by a large margin, and they sell purely because of marketing. 

AMD Phenom™ II X6 1100T @ 4.0GHz | MSI 890FXA-GD65 | MSI GTX 550Ti | 16GB Kingston DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD 750GB | Antec 300 | Asus Xonar DG | Corsair A50 | OCZ 600W | Windows 10 Pro

Intel Core™ i5-8520U | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 8GB DDR4 | Windows 10 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 

Intel Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | Windows 10 Home  Lenovo IdeaPad P580

AMD Phenom™ II X2 550 @ 3.10GHz | Gigabyte GA-MA785GM-US2H | XFX Radeon HD 4870 | 4GB Corsair XMS2 | 250GB WD SATA | Thermaltake TR2 500W | Windows 7 Ultimate | Kali Linux

Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 (8.0) | iPad Mini (iOS 8.4)