Project Fi

Zweihander

Good if you are a low data user, doesn't make sense if you use large amounts of data.

18 minutes ago, tjcater said:

Good if you are a low data user, doesn't make sense if you use large amounts of data.

I used less than 1 GB last month.

12 minutes ago, Zweihander said:

I used less than 1 GB last month.

Pricing wise, you would pay $20 for Fi Basics + Regulation Fees (Roughly $5 I think) + Data with data being what you use.

$10 per GB or $1 per 100MB or $0.1 per 10MB... You get the point. What device do you plan to use with Fi?

3 minutes ago, tjcater said:

Pricing wise, you would pay $20 for Fi Basics + Regulation Fees (Roughly $5 I think) + Data with data being what you use.

$10 per GB or $1 per 100MB or $0.1 per 10MB... You get the point. What device do you plan to use with Fi?

At the moment, I'm in the market for a new phone ... but this is increasing my interest for the Pixel or Pixel 2.

2 minutes ago, Zweihander said:

At the moment, I'm in the market for a new phone ... but this is increasing my interest for the Pixel or Pixel 2.

Well if you do decide to get a Pixel or Moto X4, Fi would be a great value IMO.

28 minutes ago, tjcater said:

Well if you do decide to get a Pixel or Moto X4, Fi would be a great value IMO.

Does it work just like any other carrirer, i.e. Sprint, Verizon ... ?

Just now, Zweihander said:

Does it work just like any other carrirer, i.e. Sprint, Verizon ... ?

Depends on what way your referring to.(Eg. Service, costumer service, billing, etc) Anything in particular your looking for?

1 hour ago, tjcater said:

Depends on what way your referring to.(Eg. Service, costumer service, billing, etc) Anything in particular your looking for?

Reliability for the most part ... and everything else you've mentioned lol

Phones that are officially support on Fi (You could put the sim in another phone after it has been activated on a Fi compatible device, just it will only use t-mobiles network) will switch between sprint, t-mobile, and U.S. cellular's networks for connectivity (Which I personally haven't had any issues however your millage may vary).

Can't say how reliability compares to other networks, however I haven't experienced any weird issues. Customer service is great (If you bought a Nexus  5x or 6p and it was defective or bootlooped, they replaced them outside of the warranty time frame and even upgraded the 6p to Pixel XL for no additional charge.)

No goofy shenanigans that some companies pull with trying to charge you more than what was expected.

No additional fees if you want to set up a hotspot, with data costing the exact same as normal. You can also get additional Fi data sims (Up to nine) that can be used in other devices for no additional fees I believe, again just paying for data used(Those use the t-mobile network).

Anything else you would like to know?

9 minutes ago, tjcater said:

Phones that are officially support on Fi (You could put the sim in another phone after it has been activated on a Fi compatible device, just it will only use t-mobiles network) will switch between sprint, t-mobile, and U.S. cellular's networks for connectivity (Which I personally haven't had any issues however your millage may vary).

Can't say how reliability compares to other networks, however I haven't experienced any weird issues. Customer service is great (If you bought a Nexus  5x or 6p and it was defective or bootlooped, they replaced them outside of the warranty time frame and even upgraded the 6p to Pixel XL for no additional charge.)

No goofy shenanigans that some companies pull with trying to charge you more than what was expected.

No additional fees if you want to set up a hotspot, with data costing the exact same as normal. You can also get additional Fi data sims (Up to nine) that can be used in other devices for no additional fees I believe, again just paying for data used(Those use the t-mobile network).

Anything else you would like to know?

So you're using Pixel XL? Thoughts on the device itself?

Fi will switch over to the best network for connectivity, this includes Wi-Fi connection as well? 

5 minutes ago, Zweihander said:

So you're using Pixel XL? Thoughts on the device itself?

Fi will switch over to the best network for connectivity, this includes Wi-Fi connection as well? 

Nope, Nexus 5x. I was excited when the reports of 6p users getting XLs and hoping this would eventually lead to 5x users being able to replace with a regular Pixel. I'm on the look out for that so that I can let my device bootloop :D

9 minutes ago, Zweihander said:

In theory it should, I'm usually on wifi and there isn't a direct indicator as to what network you're on (I usually always have service).

16 hours ago, tjcater said:

Nope, Nexus 5x. I was excited when the reports of 6p users getting XLs and hoping this would eventually lead to 5x users being able to replace with a regular Pixel. I'm on the look out for that so that I can let my device bootloop :D

I'm curious if the Pixel will drop in price once the Pixel 2 is announced / released.

1 minute ago, Zweihander said:

I'm curious if the Pixel will drop in price once the Pixel 2 is announced / released.

That tends to be what happens, just I wouldn't expect it to drop below $450 any time soon.

1 minute ago, tjcater said:

That tends to be what happens, just I wouldn't expect it to drop below $450 any time soon.

Even if it got to $450 - that would be a really good price for a good phone with one of the best cameras.

Currently sitting at $649 new from Google store.

22 hours ago, anthonyjc2010 said:

If don't use a lot of data - or like to travel internationally - it's pretty great. If "need" an unlimited plan, I don't recommend it. - Project Fi user for 15 months

Less than 1 GB last month, and that trend seems to continue - so unlimited data is probably not necessary for me. I do enjoy traveling. 

What phone are you using?