How does air cooling vs liquid cooling look now with Threadripper, Ryzen, and intel I9/2066

jonnyyyl

Recall that good ol noctua and bequiet flagships are quite a few years old and have been very good with the likes of 7700K. But what about the latest new lines that consume more power and heat?

threadripper puts out just as much heat as the x series chipsets have in the last few years and ryzen is comparable or lower than the i7-7700k so nothing has changed...... the chips are more powerful but they don't put out more heat than they ever have

Primary System

• CPU
    Ryzen R6 5700X
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350M mortar arctic
  • RAM
    32GB Corsair RGB 3600MT/s CAS18
  • GPU
    Zotac RTX 3070 OC
  • Case
    kind of a mess
  • Storage
    WD black NVMe SSD 500GB & 1TB samsung Sata ssd & x 1TB WD blue & x 3TB Seagate
  • PSU
    corsair RM750X white
  • Display(s)
    1440p 21:9 100Hz

liquid will always be better than air, thats just a fact. im sure air will still be a viable option for the next generation of processors, if they are putting out more heat than a beefy air cooler can keep under wraps, then their thermal engineering of the chips would have to be downright terrible

馃尣馃尣馃尣

鈼捖犫棐聽

Nothing has changed. Mid tier AIOs are still bad value vs mid/high end air coolers. On top line is more even, but only thing I've seen is that buying budget air cooler for 7700K and higher end CPUs isn't enough anymore. They just can't give enough headroom for OC.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv