Dell U2515H (25") or Dell U2715H (27") for 1400p 60hz?

Korb

Hi guys!

I'm going to buy a new PC with a gtx 1080 + ryzen 5 1600.

I'm not into FPS games or e-sports and image quality is the most important thing for me, so I thought that a IPS QHD 60hz would be my best option.

After some research I found that Dell U2515H was exactly what I was looking for.

Although, I've read that at 1440p 25", icons and texts are really small and not well readable, while 27" seems to be the sweet spot for 1400p.

Would you consider getting the bigger brother - Dell U2715H (27") - for 100€ more?

Which other QHD 27" monitor would you suggest and why?

Here some other 27" options I considered:

- Benq GW2765H

ASUS PB277Q

Thanks in advance!

8 minutes ago, Korb said:

Although, I've read that at 1440p 25", icons and texts are really small and not well readable, while 27" seems to be the sweet spot for 1400p.

The only people who say that are people who have never used it before, they just use their imaginations to suppose that they expect it to be too small and then go around telling other people that it is too small.

It isn't, 25″ is a great size for 1440p.

If you have access to a 24" 1080p monitor, try browsing the web with 90% scaling as although the text and what not is a tad bigger than 1440p at 24", its only very slightly meaning it should give you a sense of text size and whatever (especially how its 25" and not 24"). 

6 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

25″ is a great size for 1440p.

Agreed, as an owner of a 24" 1440p monitor (so even smaller!), I can handily say that it is definitely not too small.

To be fair, I was using a scaling of 90% in chrome/opera on my 1080p 24" display, before I got my 1440p so the second I got my 1440p, I was used to it before I even got it :P 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

Thanks for the replies!

Would you trade better image/build quality of the Dell U2515H for 2" more of the Benq GW2765H ?