Installing Windows 10

khazad

I just built a new PC and this is my first time installing Windows.

Already have a bootable USB win windows 10 in it, turned everything on plugged the USB and started to load windows, on the setup I've selected the language and now I'm stuck on the "select the drive to install".

It pops up this message

15059284937901376462049.thumb.jpg.30df4b50445494468bd53ba029fee7cf.jpg

I don't know what is this.

I need to select where do I want to install? I have an SSD but I think it doesn't show on the "browse for folder"

15059287259042119972359.thumb.jpg.5982b1094431e526f554b877bceff3bd.jpg

What can I do?

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | MB: Asus TUF Gaming B550-Plus | RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 16Gb 3200Mhz | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Windforce | Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2 | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | SSD: Crucial MX300 275Gb | HDD: WD Black 2Tb | Monitor: LG 27GL83A

You should choose the boot drive and if that doesn't work then i think you got to reinstall windows on the USB I've installed windows 10 several times and never got that error 

Feel free to quote me if you want an answer

NAS hard drive list feel free to PM me questions or anything about Hard drive as i am in love with them 

I fly the Boeing 737-800 for Turkish Airlines

"Men, this stuff that some sources sling around about America wanting out of this war, not wanting to fight, is a crock of bullshit. Americans love to fight, traditionally" - George.S Patton

"There are four hundred neatly marked graves somewhere in Sicily. All because one man went to sleep on the job. But they are German graves, because we caught the bastard asleep before they did." - George.S Patton

"An Army is a team. It lives, sleeps, eats, and fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is pure horse shit. The bilious bastards who write that kind of stuff for the Saturday Evening Post don't know any more about real fighting under fire than they know about fucking!" - George.S Patton

"Sure, we all want to go home. We want to get this war over with. But you can't win a war lying down. The quickest way to get it over with is to get the bastards who started it. We want to get the hell over there and clean the goddamn thing up, and then get at those purple-pissing Japs. The quicker they are whipped, the quicker we go home. The shortest way home is through Berlin and Tokyo. So keep moving. And when we get to Berlin, I am personally going to shoot that paper-hanging son-of-a-bitch Hitler." - George.S Patton

Specs

Home Rig:                                                                                                  :

CPU: Intel I7 3770 @ 3.4 Ghz

CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo                                                                  

GPU: MSI Radeon Rx 550 Aero ITX 1gb (amazing gpu btw)   
RAM: 2x4 Mismatched Ram Sticks                                                          

Motherboard: Pegatron 2AD5                                                                  

HDD: 1TB WD BLUE                                                                               

Case: HP 7500 Series MT Case                                                            

PSUCooler Master 500W Elite                                                              

Workstation:

CPU: i7 5960x @4.3Ghz

CPU Cooler: Kraken X62                                                                                                                 

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Ti 1G

RAM: Kingston HyperX 32GB DDR4 2133Mhz

Mobo: Asus X99- Deluxe

HDD: WD Blue 4TB 5200RPM

SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Case: Corsair 750D 

PSU: Corsair RM 750x

1 minute ago, weed said:

You should choose the boot drive and if that doesn't work then i think you got to reinstall windows on the USB I've installed windows 10 several times and never got that error 

When I select the X drive it show me this

15059290629801589457651.thumb.jpg.766575f90c1eaade397f98f3768439fb.jpg

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | MB: Asus TUF Gaming B550-Plus | RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 16Gb 3200Mhz | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Windforce | Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2 | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | SSD: Crucial MX300 275Gb | HDD: WD Black 2Tb | Monitor: LG 27GL83A

What motherboard do you have? It's asking for storage controller drivers, which it shouldn't be doing. 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

Just now, Jamiec1130 said:

What motherboard do you have? It's asking for storage controller drivers, which it shouldn't be doing. 

MSI z270 M3

Hmm seems like you didn't setup the boot drive correctly, try setting it up again and try again if it doesn't work quote me again.

Feel free to quote me if you want an answer

NAS hard drive list feel free to PM me questions or anything about Hard drive as i am in love with them 

I fly the Boeing 737-800 for Turkish Airlines

"Men, this stuff that some sources sling around about America wanting out of this war, not wanting to fight, is a crock of bullshit. Americans love to fight, traditionally" - George.S Patton

"There are four hundred neatly marked graves somewhere in Sicily. All because one man went to sleep on the job. But they are German graves, because we caught the bastard asleep before they did." - George.S Patton

"An Army is a team. It lives, sleeps, eats, and fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is pure horse shit. The bilious bastards who write that kind of stuff for the Saturday Evening Post don't know any more about real fighting under fire than they know about fucking!" - George.S Patton

"Sure, we all want to go home. We want to get this war over with. But you can't win a war lying down. The quickest way to get it over with is to get the bastards who started it. We want to get the hell over there and clean the goddamn thing up, and then get at those purple-pissing Japs. The quicker they are whipped, the quicker we go home. The shortest way home is through Berlin and Tokyo. So keep moving. And when we get to Berlin, I am personally going to shoot that paper-hanging son-of-a-bitch Hitler." - George.S Patton

Specs

Home Rig:                                                                                                  :

CPU: Intel I7 3770 @ 3.4 Ghz

CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo                                                                  

GPU: MSI Radeon Rx 550 Aero ITX 1gb (amazing gpu btw)   
RAM: 2x4 Mismatched Ram Sticks                                                          

Motherboard: Pegatron 2AD5                                                                  

HDD: 1TB WD BLUE                                                                               

Case: HP 7500 Series MT Case                                                            

PSUCooler Master 500W Elite                                                              

Workstation:

CPU: i7 5960x @4.3Ghz

CPU Cooler: Kraken X62                                                                                                                 

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Ti 1G

RAM: Kingston HyperX 32GB DDR4 2133Mhz

Mobo: Asus X99- Deluxe

HDD: WD Blue 4TB 5200RPM

SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Case: Corsair 750D 

PSU: Corsair RM 750x

12 minutes ago, khazad said:

I just built a new PC and this is my first time installing Windows.

Already have a bootable USB win windows 10 in it, turned everything on plugged the USB and started to load windows, on the setup I've selected the language and now I'm stuck on the "select the drive to install".

It pops up this message

15059284937901376462049.thumb.jpg.30df4b50445494468bd53ba029fee7cf.jpg

I don't know what is this.

I need to select where do I want to install? I have an SSD but I think it doesn't show on the "browse for folder"

15059287259042119972359.thumb.jpg.5982b1094431e526f554b877bceff3bd.jpg

What can I do?

this guy will explain to you how to instal windows 10. if you follow each step correctly you will don't get any trouble and if you do try and make a new USB

ask me about your system builds, AIO's, CPU's, PSU's, and GPU's.

3 minutes ago, Reallifecat said:

Is your drive detected in the BIOS/UEFI?

Both drives are detected, I've haven't touched the bios yet, I'll try to choose the SSD as a bootable drive

1505929675769-1996683176.jpg

2 minutes ago, khazad said:

Both drives are detected, I've haven't touched the bios yet, I'll try to choose the SSD as a bootable drive

If you haven't installed an OS on it yet, it won't boot. 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

4 minutes ago, khazad said:

1505929675769-1996683176.jpg

I have no idea. I can only suggest creating a new bootable USB drive

"What am I even meant to put here?" - Me 2016

Windows Setup (which is in your RAM at this stage) cannot install Windows because it fails to detect the setup files.

This is because of either:

• The Windows setup is corrupted
  • It can't find or interact with your USB flash drive because it doesn't have the USB controller drivers
  • Your SATA controller can't be detected as it is missing drivers for it.

Resolution:

• Insert your motherboard disk, and find the extracted USB controller drivers (*.inf file).
  • Insert your motherboard disk, and find the extracted SATA controller drivers (*.inf file).
  • Restart the setup with the USB flash drive on a different USB controller
  • Redownload WindowsISO and remake your USB flash drive (use Microsoft Media Creation Tool)
  • Use another USB flash drive
  • Make sure your UEFI/BIOS is fully updated
  • Use a DVD method instead of USB flash drive

3 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Windows Setup (which is in your RAM at this stage) cannot install Windows because it fails to detect the setup files.

This is because of either:

• The Windows setup is corrupted
  • It can't find or interact with your USB flash drive because it doesn't have the USB controller drivers
  • Your SATA controller can't be detected as it is missing drivers for it.

Resolution:

• Insert your motherboard disk, and find the extracted USB controller drivers (*.inf file).
  • Insert your motherboard disk, and find the extracted SATA controller drivers (*.inf file).
  • Restart the setup with the USB flash drive on a different USB controller
  • Redownload WindowsISO and remake your USB flash drive (use Microsoft Media Creation Tool)
  • Use another USB flash drive
  • Make sure your UEFI/BIOS is fully updated
  • Use a DVD method instead of USB flash drive

Well first of all i don't have a DVD drive, so i cannot use the USB and SATA controller drivers, and i cannot find them on the site.

For the bootable USB, i've used Rufus, can i use that again? I'm not familiar with Microsoft Media Creation Tool.

36 minutes ago, khazad said:

Well first of all i don't have a DVD drive, so i cannot use the USB and SATA controller drivers, and i cannot find them on the site.

For the bootable USB, i've used Rufus, can i use that again? I'm not familiar with Microsoft Media Creation Tool.

On the very page you linked I see: ASMedia USB3.0/3.1 Drivers

You download and extract the .zip file of the drivers, and put it on a USB Flash drive, and plug it to a USB 2.0 connector on your motherboard, and load the correct *.inf file.

Alternatively, instead of using MSI added special USB 3.0 controller, use the native one. Refer to your motherboard manual to know which one, or just try randomly, until one of them works.

As for your SATA drivers for your SATA drive(s), it it is the last driver in the list in the page you linked, under the "On-Board PIDE/SATA Drivers" section. Like the USB drivers, download the .zip file, extract them, put it on your USB flash drive, and load the correct *.inf file.

I highly recommend to use Media Creation Tool for Windows 10, but I don't think this is your problem.

1 hour ago, GoodBytes said:

On the very page you linked I see: ASMedia USB3.0/3.1 Drivers

You download and extract the .zip file of the drivers, and put it on a USB Flash drive, and plug it to a USB 2.0 connector on your motherboard, and load the correct *.inf file.

Alternatively, instead of using MSI added special USB 3.0 controller, use the native one. Refer to your motherboard manual to know which one, or just try randomly, until one of them works.

As for your SATA drivers for your SATA drive(s), it it is the last driver in the list in the page you linked, under the "On-Board PIDE/SATA Drivers" section. Like the USB drivers, download the .zip file, extract them, put it on your USB flash drive, and load the correct *.inf file.

I open the USB with the M-Flash option, it reboots and it shows the folders that i have on the USB flash drive, i open the folders but i cannot see any file.

EDIT: nevermind, i've used another USB flash drive as a bootable USB and now it works fine. And i've connected it into a USB 2.0 port

13 minutes ago, khazad said:

I open the USB with the M-Flash option, it reboots and it shows the folders that i have on the USB flash drive, i open the folders but i cannot see any file.

So, you are trying to update the UEFI (BIOS) of your motherboard, and M-Flash can't find your UEFI update file.

• Your Flash drive needs to be formatted as FAT32 (NTFS and exFAT are not supported).
  • The UEFI update zip file you downloaded under the "AMI BIOS" section of the motherboard website needs to be extracted first. Keep in mind that the UEFI doesn't have an OS to run a file extractor tool to extract .zip files.