Acer RT240Ybmid vs Philips 246E7QDSW/00 vs ASUS VZ249H, which should i purchase?

Ooxaz

I currently have a Asus pb287q I got as a gift, I'm looking to sell it and buy an IPS/PLS panel with good colors and viewing angles as my computer cannot handle gaming in 4k or 1440p, (i5 2500k, gtx 970). I usually downscale to 1080p in games and even though the scaling on this monitor is decent 1080p on a 28 inch monitor imo is horrible.

So I will be using this monitor mostly for gaming, (nothing seriously competitive and some media and web browsing). I'm not sure if there is a difference between 246E7QDSW/00 and the 246E7QDSW but the 246E7QDSW/00 is the only model available in my country (UK). Currently I'm leaning more towards the Acer RT240Ybmid since it's more widely available here and the Philips is harder to find, is there any significant difference between the two? Also how is the input lag on these monitors?

Appreciate all the help guys, thanks in advance.

Are those 2 your only options? If not then I would lean towards the Dell U2414H which should be just fine for gaming while looking great. Also what's your budget as this might not be an option or there could be something better.

Edited by SCGazelle

My budget is pretty high, $400-$500, and no these are not my only options however from what i gather they seem to be the best in regards to what I'm looking for. 

I was able to find this information about the Dell monitor you suggested, (context Here)...

''Dell U2414H

Overpriced 2014 monitor with inferior performance compared to quite a few newer monitors. The U2417HA uses a newer and higher quality panel, but it offers no advantages over quite a few significantly cheaper monitors aside from the Dell warranty, height adjustable stand and USB ports.

The 25" 1080p IPS/PLS panels (HP 25er/es, Philips 257E7QDSB which is usually one of the cheapest 24-25") offer better image quality than the 23" panels and older 24", as do some of the newer 24" panels (Asus VZ249H, 75hz Free-Sync LG 24MP68VQ-P, Dell U2417HA, Philips 245C5QHAB and Philips 246E7QDSW) which can cover 94-99% of the sRGB color space which allows them to display colors more vibrantly and accurately than the older panels (<90% sRGB coverage) and current 23" panels. The 25" HP monitors are not widely available in Europe, but I think the 27 versions (2015 27CW & superior 27XW which overclock to 75hz and 2016 27er/es with slightly better image quality but no overclocking) are.''

After reading some reviews on the u214h I think I'm going to bite the bullet, the combination of extremely low input lag (albeit okay-ish response times), a complete USB hub, adjustable stand and sexy dell ergonomics I think I'll sacrifice the 10% or something worse display quality than the newer panels. Any opinions on this matter? Also, how likely am I to get terrible backlight bleed or a dead pixel, I never really purchased a Dell monitor before.

3 minutes ago, Ooxaz said:

After reading some reviews on the u214h I think I'm going to bite the bullet, the combination of extremely low input lag (albeit okay-ish response times), a complete USB hub, adjustable stand and sexy dell ergonomics I think I'll sacrifice the 10% or something worse display quality than the newer panels. Any opinions on this matter? Also, how likely am I to get terrible backlight bleed or a dead pixel, I never really purchased a Dell monitor before.

Dell is one of the best concerning quality control so I wouldn't worry about that too much. Though with your budget you could probs get a 1080p 144hz or 1440p panel. But if you don't think that you would be able to run it properly then there might not be a point in getting one though a U2515H would look really nice.

Yeah I did consider getting a 1440p/144hz but my rig simply cannot handle it, I do plan on building a new rig in the future and getting a 1440p 144hz gsync ips panel (going to be expensive i know), and using the one 1080p as secondary.

Pretty funny you mention it, I'm using a asus pb287q ATM (got it as a gift, plan on selling it) and the reason I'm actually looking to go back down to 1080p is because 1080p on a 28 inch is absolutely horrendous imo, and obviously I cant game at 4k so I'm forced to do downscale in game. Although I must say this monitor does have good scaling.