old cooler to 1151 socket?

axxesload
Go to solution Solved by LogicalDrm,

If you are talking about old AMD stock cooler, answer is no. There are no brackets for stock coolers. You can try ghetto it with zipties, but overall you are fine with just Intel stock.

Hey,got a little problem. 

I got a g4560 with cooler and everything,but i have bigger and better one,its from an old Athlon PC.Its nearly 2x bigger than the stock one, not mentioning that it actually has COPPER on it. i have the mounting piece of metal and everything.the problem is that i cant find an adapter for the mounting thin that i would put in the holes you normally put a stock cooler in.

P.S. :No need to hurry, my mobo hasnt still arrived (the first one died at the first start)

Thanks for your responses and answers,

Axxesload

2 minutes ago, axxesload said:

Hey,got a little problem. 

I got a g4560 with cooler and everything,but i have bigger and better one,its from an old Athlon PC.Its nearly 2x bigger than the stock one, not mentioning that it actually has COPPER on it. i have the mounting piece of metal and everything.the problem is that i cant find an adapter for the mounting thin that i would put in the holes you normally put a stock cooler in.

P.S. :No need to hurry, my mobo hasnt still arrived (the first one died at the first start)

Thanks for your responses and answers,

Axxesload

Are you asking if anyone knows of an adapter bracket? Do you want advice on what to do? The absence of a question makes it a bit difficult to know what you want to do next.....

Just now, TheCliff said:

Are you asking if anyone knows of an adapter bracket? Do you want advice on what to do? The absence of a question makes it a bit difficult to know what you want to do next.....

Yeah,thats what im looking for

1 minute ago, axxesload said:

Yeah,thats what im looking for

Again, I just specified 2 possible options and you are again not telling which one it is. 

whatever.

I do not know of a bracket this bizarre.

Going to a tech forum was a good idea, maybe someone more intelligent than I may know of a piece of hardware that could help you. 

I would also maybe try to search for the older bracket online. However don't be too specific. Try to be as broad as possible so that Google gives you the most search results.

In all honesty I don't think you'll find anything but it's worth a shot. 

Kind regards. 

I believe he wants some type of adapter bracket to use an older cooler with a newer socket. 

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

If you are talking about old AMD stock cooler, answer is no. There are no brackets for stock coolers. You can try ghetto it with zipties, but overall you are fine with just Intel stock.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv