Windows 10 stuck on "Attempting Repairs"

ZimFreak

So one day I turned on my computer and Windows wanted to automatically troubleshoot some problem. Unfortunately, (and unsurprisingly) it can't fix shit and just sits on the "attempting repairs" screen. I've left it for at least 5 hours and no change. Restarting just leads to this problem every time. It says "Diagnosing your PC," then "Attempting repairs" with a little spinning loading icon. (side note: This isn't the PC in my sig, it's another pc). Can provide specs if needed.

Any ideas?

Desktop: i5-6600k w/ be quiet! Pure Rock cooler. | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 | ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K4 mobo | Patriot Viper 16GB DDR4-3000 | 240GB Sandisk SSD | Corsair 500r Case (White) | HTC Vive!! | Shitty Insignia monitor

Peripherals: Razer BlackWidow Chroma | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | Sennheiser 558

Phone: Nexus 5x
Tablet: Amazon Fire tablet (2015)

is your hdd activity led is blinking or similar ?

"You are doing the same thing over and over again and you hoping for different result ?"

You need to disable automatic repair,

For this you'll need to have the windows 10 bootable media either on USB or Disk.

Do you have either?

If not you can download the windows media creation tool from microsoft.

Let me know how you got on or if you need some more help getting out of the loop.

On 9/20/2017 at 9:52 AM, PolymerPouch said:

Let me know how you got on or if you need some more help getting out of the loop.

Tried that command prompt solution for disabling automatic repairs but it didn't work. Tried a few other things I found on various forums but no luck. Had to reformat and reinstall windows. Oh well, was about time for a fresh install anyways. Thanks for the help though.

Desktop: i5-6600k w/ be quiet! Pure Rock cooler. | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 | ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K4 mobo | Patriot Viper 16GB DDR4-3000 | 240GB Sandisk SSD | Corsair 500r Case (White) | HTC Vive!! | Shitty Insignia monitor

Peripherals: Razer BlackWidow Chroma | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | Sennheiser 558

Phone: Nexus 5x
Tablet: Amazon Fire tablet (2015)