MX switch most like rubber dome.

lufihengr

No mx switch is remotely like a rubber dome and thats kinda the point.

The thing is, I love the way these rubber keys work on my G510, when you put enough pressure on the key it goes all the way to the bottom, no free space. It's all or nothing.

That is what I want from a mech board too.

Then just stick with rubber domes if you like them. There is always topre but the rubber dome is just there for tge tactility for the most part.

Well there you go, then you should get reds, they are exactly that.

Yes reds have no resistance at all really youll be bottoming out all day if thats what your looking for. If you are pick up some orings to make it a bit less jarring and your fingers will thank you.

Yes reds have no resistance at all really youll be bottoming out all day if thats what your looking for. If you are pick up some orings to make it a bit less jarring and your fingers will thank you.

Gack, no thanks mate, I have zero interest in removing the satisfying as fuck clacks I get on the board :P

Fingers already more than happy enough with the low actuation force.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

Well as said before mechs don't feel like membrane, but to my personal tastes blues don't hinder the little fps gaming I do. Can you try different switches @lufihengr, depends where you live but jimms has them on display at the store and you can try them

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

Well as said before mechs don't feel like membrane, but to my personal tastes blues don't hinder the little fps gaming I do. Can you try different switches @lufihengr, depends where you live but jimms has them on display at the store and you can try them

It's a bit over 120 kilometres to jimms from here :(

My PC CPU: 2600K@4.5GHz 1.3v Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 MB: ASUS Maximus IV RAM: Kingston 1600MHz 8GB & Corsair 1600MHz 16GB GPU: 780Ti Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, Samsung 830 256GB SSD, Kingston 128GB SSD, WD Black 1TB,WD Green 1TB. PSU: Corsair AX850 Case: CM HAF X. Optical drive: LG Bluray burner  MacBook Pro, Hackintosh

It's a bit over 120 kilometres to jimms from here :(

Oh that is a bit far, luckily I live close by :P But that's one of the only stores I know of that has mech keyboards on display. 

Oh that is a bit far, luckily I live close by :P But that's one of the only stores I know of that has mech keyboards on display. 

That's why I need to get your opinions on what feels like what, because I can't try before I buy...

My PC CPU: 2600K@4.5GHz 1.3v Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 MB: ASUS Maximus IV RAM: Kingston 1600MHz 8GB & Corsair 1600MHz 16GB GPU: 780Ti Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, Samsung 830 256GB SSD, Kingston 128GB SSD, WD Black 1TB,WD Green 1TB. PSU: Corsair AX850 Case: CM HAF X. Optical drive: LG Bluray burner  MacBook Pro, Hackintosh

That's why I need to get your opinions on what feels like what, because I can't try before I buy...

I'm not the best person to get opinions to this question since I actually like them all, except browns with o-rings.

But if you really like membrane and you can't find an answer to this burning question you just might have to stick to membranes, nothing wrong with liking them, the build quality just usually isn't there though. This is also a bit off-topic but jeez, in finnish tech forums people seem to dislike mechs, one comment I remember called them clacky pieces of shit(this in conjunction with ps/2 hate), made me lol

I have reds but they don't feel anything like membrane tbh. . . they might not have a tactile click, but there is still a point about half way down the press where it registers the key, and they still have a slight clicky sound. 

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | Cooler: Stock | RAM: 16GB Hyper Fury X RGB | GPU: RTX 2080 Super FTW3 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite| PSU: Corsair RM850x
Storage: WD SN750 500GB / 850 500GB Samsung Evo /  | CASE: 570X | Display: Dell u2414h  | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: Corsair M65

I'm not the best person to get opinions to this question since I actually like them all, except browns with o-rings.

But if you really like membrane and you can't find an answer to this burning question you just might have to stick to membranes, nothing wrong with liking them, the build quality just usually isn't there though. This is also a bit off-topic but jeez, in finnish tech forums people seem to dislike mechs, one comment I remember called them clacky pieces of shit(this in conjunction with ps/2 hate), made me lol

I just might stick with this then :P I guess I just got hyped up about all the talk about mechanical being far superior (mech keyboard master race?).

The way it activates is for me quite nice. But if i get a deal on a g710+ or ducky shine 3 with browns or blues (I want the clicky sound) I'll get one.

I just might stick with this then :P I guess I just got hyped up about all the talk about mechanical being far superior (mech keyboard master race?).

The way it activates is for me quite nice. But if i get a deal on a g710+ or ducky shine 3 with browns or blues (I want the clicky sound) I'll get one.

I joined the hype as well, and I'm not dissapointed, but I never actually got used to the change from an old mech kb to the membrane one so I bough a new one and I'm happy.

As far as the keyboards themselves go, I'd say that mechs are superior and so are switches in  every aspect but the ones that depend on personal taste. So I'd say it's kind of an master race :P But feel free to stick to membranes if you like them. 

Kinda like I had a 2-stroke moped while 4-strokes are technically better for that pesky 45 km/h limit

I joined the hype as well, and I'm not dissapointed, but I never actually got used to the change from an old mech kb to the membrane one so I bough a new one and I'm happy.

As far as the keyboards themselves go, I'd say that mechs are superior and so are switches in  every aspect but the ones that depend on personal taste. So I'd say it's kind of an master race :P But feel free to stick to membranes if you like them. 

Kinda like I had a 2-stroke moped while 4-strokes are technically better for that pesky 45 km/h limit

I have seen that some mechanical keyboards have a metal front plate, which I have not seen on rubber ones :P

A 2 stroke will get to that 45kmh faster with proper gearing though ^.^ and easier to tune xD sorry for OT

I have seen that some mechanical keyboards have a metal front plate, which I have not seen on rubber ones :P

A 2 stroke will get to that 45kmh faster with proper gearing though ^.^ and easier to tune xD sorry for OT

Must continue OT... well changing gear ratios is technically illegal (like the police cares)

Topre is a mechanical rubber dome essentially, might be worth looking into them.

Must continue OT... well changing gear ratios is technically illegal (like the police cares)

I have been driving around on my moped since march-april, about 6000 kilometres and not once have I been stopped by the police. Not saying my moped is illegal or anything.

Topre is a mechanical rubber dome essentially, might be worth looking into them.

Aren't they expensive though D:

I have been driving around on my moped since march-april, about 6000 kilometres and not once have I been stopped by the police. Not saying my moped is illegal or anything.

Aren't they expensive though D:

http://www.verkkokauppa.com/fi/search?q=topre, I wouldn't say so

But yeah, When I was driving I was stopped twice, so the police could use the breathalyzer...

Also not that the DT was illegal or anything

http://www.verkkokauppa.com/fi/search?q=topre, I wouldn't say so

But yeah, When I was driving I was stopped twice, so the police could use the breathalyzer...

Also not that the DT was illegal or anything

Wait, so you need to change only the keycaps?? What? I have badly misunderstood something here.

Are you on a 125 now? KTM maybe? xD

Wait, so you need to change only the keycaps?? What? I have badly misunderstood something here.

Are you on a 125 now? KTM maybe? xD

No, the ones after the keycaps are the keyboards themselves, 91 € for the black one but it's out of stock

And no, I didn't bother since I live 1,5 km from high school, and not going to bother now since I'll get a driving license in a short enough time period (for me atlest)

Can't believe no one mentioned Alps/Matias.

It's a mechanical switch that activates at the very top of the switch, unlike Cherry MX switches that activate halfway down. The keypress won't feel like a rubber dome, but if you're looking for one that activates at the very top, Alps are the way to go.

I have reds but they don't feel anything like membrane tbh. . . they might not have a tactile click, but there is still a point about half way down the press where it registers the key, and they still have a slight clicky sound. 

Reds don't click, if I hit you in the head to knock some sense into you it doesn't mean your head is a clicky switch. Jokes aside, the noise you're calling a click is you bottoming out the key.

Well human flesh is essentially a meat so it might be worth looking into cannibalism. 

All what they have in common is the material is squishy they don't resemble membranes at all.

It's a mechanical switch that activates at the very top of the switch, unlike Cherry MX switches that activate halfway down. The keypress won't feel like a rubber dome, but if you're looking for one that activates at the very top, Alps are the way to go.

Awesome, I will look into these.

Reds don't click, if I hit you in the head to knock some sense into you it doesn't mean your head is a clicky switch. Jokes aside, the noise you're calling a click is you bottoming out the key.

Well human flesh is essentially a meat so it might be worth looking into cannibalism. 

All what they have in common is the material is squishy they don't resemble membranes at all.

yes i know they don't click click, but they still sound satisfying if that makes any sense

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | Cooler: Stock | RAM: 16GB Hyper Fury X RGB | GPU: RTX 2080 Super FTW3 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite| PSU: Corsair RM850x
Storage: WD SN750 500GB / 850 500GB Samsung Evo /  | CASE: 570X | Display: Dell u2414h  | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: Corsair M65

I found a diagram like this for the browns, anyone seen these diagrams for all the other switches?

This tells me exactly where the actuation and release points are.

post-11253-0-98996700-1386433543.png

Matias new ALPS switches are great but their only on like one board. You can buy them separately buy no projects that use them are complete yet.

I found a diagram like this for the browns, anyone seen these diagrams for all the other switches?

This tells me exactly where the actuation and release points are.

their available for all of them but for me and everyone I know arnt that useful.

their available for all of them but for me and everyone I know arnt that useful.

Well where can I find them?? They are more useful to me than you can imagine.