Tips on promoting a computer tech company on social media??

Sage_Masters

About 8 months now my small company Maruti Tech, has a facebook page running, are their any tips on how i can build the Maruti Tech community on social platforms??

1 hour ago, Being Delirious said:

YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin, Get advertisements placed around the city. Facebook is dead to me, don't use it.

Facebook being dead to you doesn't make it dead to the rest of the world.

As a business owner, to intentionally ignore one of the best platforms to advertise on is incredibly short sighted, especially if the business is in dire need of expanding clientele.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 hour ago, dalekphalm said:

Facebook being dead to you doesn't make it dead to the rest of the world.

As a business owner, to intentionally ignore one of the best platforms to advertise on is incredibly short sighted, especially if the business is in dire need of expanding clientele.

No one really goes on Facebook to search up tech repair.

The geek himself.

14 minutes ago, Being Delirious said:

No one really goes on Facebook to search up tech repair.

How do you know what most people do or do not do?

If I'm Auntie Jane, who's 65 years old and gets on Facebook by "clicking on the big E", and I see an ad for a local tech repair shop via Facebook, I very well might click on it if I'm having computer issues.

Furthermore, if I've seen their name from Facebook ads, and then I go searching more traditional avenues for repair (Eg: Google Maps/generic Google Search, etc) and I happen to come across the same business I already saw earlier, that's going to significantly increase the odds of me noting that business and choosing it.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Thanks guys for the replies, am also thinking of having a small you tube channel to get started but am not sure.

Have a look at what other successful tech business are doing and follow the method.  Just don't copy them outright. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

2 hours ago, mr moose said:

Have a look at what other successful tech business are doing and follow the method.  Just don't copy them outright. 

Thank you mr moose

I really like to help people when it comes to computer hardware, computers are almost in every household and not many people would actually understand how their hardware operates or what do you in times of crisis. To help and show people how the computer system work thats where the company moving towards. Like share all of knowledge and experience with everyone even if they know nothing about computers lol linus tech tips also played a part in me learning certain things that you wont find in any textbook. 

Good Day Guys i have finally set up a proper you tube channel and twitter account, also changing a few things on my website. Will post links shortly. :) 

3 minutes ago, Sage_Masters said:

Good Day Guys i have finally set up a proper you tube channel and twitter account, also changing a few things on my website. Will post links shortly. :) 

Not allowed to advertise here.

1 minute ago, Being Delirious said:

yes because I'm very delirious >.>

Most people who need "tech repair" do find it on Facebook, unfortunately. Turns out it's a massive hub for non-technical people.

I hate it as well, but you can't deny the marketing merit behind it. You'd have to be... Delirious to do so :P 

1 hour ago, JoeyDM said:

Not allowed to advertise here.

Can i not show the community my you tube channel?

1 minute ago, Sage_Masters said:

Can i not show the community my you tube channel?

No

From the community standards:

On 2016-01-20 at 1:52 AM, Windspeed36 said:

No advertising of any non LTT/LMG material

• eBay/trading sites, personal websites or businesses except where appropriate. (Eg who can do data recovery in Vancouver, Anyone know where I can get this part?)
  • Twitch/YouTube links are only allowed in user profile status updates

1 hour ago, LAwLz said:

No

From the community standards:

Okay so only you tube links in profile status update?

1 hour ago, JoeyDM said:

Most people who need "tech repair" do find it on Facebook, unfortunately. Turns out it's a massive hub for non-technical people.

I hate it as well, but you can't deny the marketing merit behind it. You'd have to be... Delirious to do so :P 

Could just be where I live I suppose, doesn't really matter in the end.

The geek himself.

5 hours ago, Sage_Masters said:

Okay so only you tube links in profile status update?

You can post links to your Channel and individual videos in a Status Update. You can't, however, generally post links in posts on the forums as a whole.

12 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

You can post links to your Channel and individual videos in a Status Update. You can't, however, generally post links in posts on the forums as a whole.

Shame it's really triggering /s

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization