RGB Fusion Strips

Hey, so I am building a system using the Gigabyte Gaming 3 mobo, which has a 5-pin rgb header for rgb fusion software. I would love to use this, but the only compatible strips I can find are the new cablemod ones, and those are too expensive. Does anyone know of a strip that is rgbw, has five pins, and individually addressable leds? (Preferably about $20 per strip) (I need at least 180cm)

the headers on the motherboard don't deal with addressable LEDs and nobody makes RGBW strips because nobody else but the buyers of these motherboards would buy them.

Primary System

• CPU
    Ryzen R6 5700X
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350M mortar arctic
  • RAM
    32GB Corsair RGB 3600MT/s CAS18
  • GPU
    Zotac RTX 3070 OC
  • Case
    kind of a mess
  • Storage
    WD black NVMe SSD 500GB & 1TB samsung Sata ssd & x 1TB WD blue & x 3TB Seagate
  • PSU
    corsair RM750X white
  • Display(s)
    1440p 21:9 100Hz

1 hour ago, SquintyG33Rs said:

the headers on the motherboard don't deal with addressable LEDs and nobody makes RGBW strips because nobody else but the buyers of these motherboards would buy them.

If you don't mind a bit of work you can get regular RGWB strips off say Amazon and cut them to length for use in your system. Just take note of the pinout to ensure that they do match. 

16 hours ago, W-L said:

If you don't mind a bit of work you can get regular RGWB strips off say Amazon and cut them to length for use in your system. Just take note of the pinout to ensure that they do match. 

oh my bad there are a few suppliers. last time i looked into this there really wasn't. you can even find them on ebay for as low as 9USD

Primary System

• CPU
    Ryzen R6 5700X
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350M mortar arctic
  • RAM
    32GB Corsair RGB 3600MT/s CAS18
  • GPU
    Zotac RTX 3070 OC
  • Case
    kind of a mess
  • Storage
    WD black NVMe SSD 500GB & 1TB samsung Sata ssd & x 1TB WD blue & x 3TB Seagate
  • PSU
    corsair RM750X white
  • Display(s)
    1440p 21:9 100Hz

1 hour ago, SquintyG33Rs said:

oh my bad there are a few suppliers. last time i looked into this there really wasn't. you can even find them on ebay for as low as 9USD

It's hard to guarantee the longevity of them but for the low price it's the trade off that happens.

I ended up buying 5m (somewhat more than I needed) of WS2812 LED strip and used an arduino to digitize an AURA header and drive the strips. 

Sync RGB fans with motherboard RGB header.

Main rig:

Ryzen 7 1700x (4.05GHz)

EVGA GTX 1070 FTW ACX 3.0

16GB G. Skill Flare X 3466MHz CL14

Crosshair VI Hero

EK Supremacy Evo

EVGA SuperNova 850 G2

Intel 540s 240GB, Intel 520 240GB + WD Black 500GB

Corsair Crystal Series 460x

Asus Strix Soar

Laptop:

Dell E6430s