Does anyone here own Nvidia Stock?

slay english

Thoughts on the future growth? Personally I see allot of growth as they obviously have little competition and almost have a monopoly. Just recently picked some up...

11 hours ago, slay english said:

Thoughts on the future growth? Personally I see allot of growth as they obviously have little competition and almost have a monopoly. Just recently picked some up...

I wouldnt say "obviously" have "little"... 

Vega so far has been a bit of a flop, but then again RX480 was slightly weaker than the 1060 at launch but since has actually gotten better as driver support increased

Not to mention console peasants use AMD gpu's, and consoles sell way more than gaming PC's do

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

NVIDIA stock is something you'd consider "safe" to buy. Same with Intel or Apple.

What do I mean by that? The stock price will keep steady, see modest but consistent gains, but doubtful to see many huge spikes.

You've basically long since missed the mark to make millions buying NVIDIA stock, but it's still a fairly "safe" low-gain investment.

I don't know if NVIDIA pays out dividends, but if they do, that's a bonus.

Frankly, AMD stock is the much more interesting one to look at (though you're about 12-months too late to make super bank). VEGA has been a struggle, but overall, Zen was a huge success. And their upcoming GPU arch could be interesting - though it'll be a while before we see anything there. If AMD can get a handle on their GPU business, they could stand to make a huge profit. And if/when that happens, expect their stock to jump again.

Though if you have the cash (totally disposable, you can lose it all and not fret about it "cash") - buy both.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

21 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

NVIDIA stock is something you'd consider "safe" to buy. Same with Intel or Apple.

What do I mean by that? The stock price will keep steady, see modest but consistent gains, but doubtful to see many huge spikes.

You've basically long since missed the mark to make millions buying NVIDIA stock, but it's still a fairly "safe" low-gain investment.

I don't know if NVIDIA pays out dividends, but if they do, that's a bonus.

Frankly, AMD stock is the much more interesting one to look at (though you're about 12-months too late to make super bank).

I wouldn't classify Nvidia as low risk (I wouldn't classify any tech stock low risk) but they are lower risk than AMD for the moment.

I should also mention that I bought some AMD stock when they were around 3.50. I've since sold about half to diversify into other things.

System specs:

GTX 1050

16GB DDR3

Samsung evo SSD

a few HDD's

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/19/2017 at 9:21 PM, TVwazhere said:

I wouldnt say "obviously" have "little"... 

Vega so far has been a bit of a flop, but then again RX480 was slightly weaker than the 1060 at launch but since has actually gotten better as driver support increased

Not to mention console peasants use AMD gpu's, and consoles sell way more than gaming PC's do

I am triggered by the console peasant statement. *Cries in 24fps*

On 9/19/2017 at 4:07 AM, slay english said:

I have some since 2003-ish. For the longest time it did absolutely nothing, but I let it be because it's just a small position. Now that it went parabolic as of late I sold half for a tidy profit (maybe not so tidy after adjusting for 14 fracking years of inflation) and so I can keep the other half worry-free.

I'd be weary to get in at current levels tough. Seems frothy, P/E is damn high and the price graph looks like as hockey-stick as they get. Then again, who knows how high things go in this central bank money printing frenzy.