Deepcool LED strips compatibility?

Hello, I really tried to look this up and found nothing, so I hope someone here can help me out.

Up until now, I've been using the Deepcool RGB 350 LED strip kit, which is Aura sync supported but I use it with a little control box and remote that came with it, it has 2 magnetic LED strips and I was quite fond of it, unfortunately recently I ripped one of the strips in half, don't ask me how it happened.

And while trying to find a solution, I came across Deepcool's RGB 100 strip, which is a single strip that plugs into molex power, it's advertised as RGB and Aura Sync, however the packaging says single color (e.g. red, white, blue etc.) and I was wondering is it RGB and is it compatible with the little control box I have? I am guessing what they mean by single color, is that it's set to the given color when powered by molex but is actually RGB (since it says Aura Sync and RGB) on the packaging the connector seems to be the same as the one on the 350 strips but the strip it self is slightly different.

So can I just replace my broken strip with one of those or do I need a new set?

Thanks in advance for any answers

5 hours ago, superpentium said:

Hello, I really tried to look this up and found nothing, so I hope someone here can help me out.

Up until now, I've been using the Deepcool RGB 350 LED strip kit, which is Aura sync supported but I use it with a little control box and remote that came with it, it has 2 magnetic LED strips and I was quite fond of it, unfortunately recently I ripped one of the strips in half, don't ask me how it happened.

And while trying to find a solution, I came across Deepcool's RGB 100 strip, which is a single strip that plugs into molex power, it's advertised as RGB and Aura Sync, however the packaging says single color (e.g. red, white, blue etc.) and I was wondering is it RGB and is it compatible with the little control box I have? I am guessing what they mean by single color, is that it's set to the given color when powered by molex but is actually RGB (since it says Aura Sync and RGB) on the packaging the connector seems to be the same as the one on the 350 strips but the strip it self is slightly different.

So can I just replace my broken strip with one of those or do I need a new set?

Thanks in advance for any answers

Can you post a link to which strip you got, I've seen some of the posts for those strips as only white using Sara or molex power only but they are indeed RGB strips. 

14 hours ago, W-L said:

Can you post a link to which strip you got, I've seen some of the posts for those strips as only white using Sara or molex power only but they are indeed RGB strips. 

This is what I wanna get : http://www.deepcool.com/product/dcoolingaccessory/2016-06/12_5897.shtml

And use it with the control box from this : http://www.deepcool.com/product/dcoolingaccessory/2016-03/12_4814.shtml

41 minutes ago, superpentium said:

Yeah that looks like an RGB strip, shouldn't have any problem working with the control box or directly with a motherboard's RGB header. 

23 hours ago, W-L said:

Yeah that looks like an RGB strip, shouldn't have any problem working with the control box or directly with a motherboard's RGB header. 

Thanks a bunch for the help, I'll see if I'll get it.

• 3 months later...

Did it work for you because I have one and I tried and the only thing that worked its aura was breathing mod and I couldn't change the color