Do you like the new forum update?

Do you like the new forum update?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new forum update?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
    • I don't care, I just want to troll this poll

Is there a way to revert back to the old kind?

I personally liked the non-animated rating better. I don't like the new style, animation, and heart thingy. 

I think the new format on the top is pretty cool with the community standards and all at the top so you don't have to go digging for things, nor staff. 

I just don't like the new animation system thingy, and want to use the old one. 

2 minutes ago, fpo said:

Is there a way to revert back to the old kind?

I personally liked the non-animated rating better. I don't like the new style, animation, and heart thingy. 

I think the new format on the top is pretty cool with the community standards and all at the top so you don't have to go digging for things, nor staff. 

I just don't like the new animation system thingy, and want to use the old one. 

There is no way individual users can select that.  It was necessary for improving the system in other ways that people have been asking for for a long time.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

4 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

There is no way individual users can select that.  It was necessary for improving the system in other ways that people have been asking for for a long time.

Is there any way I can change my profile picture back to the old default one then? 

Or can I get the file? (Sorry, the colored letter just really throws me off.)

I couldn't find it on google images. 

Just now, fpo said:

Is there any way I can change my profile picture back to the old default one then? 

Or can I get the file? (Sorry, the colored letter just really throws me off.)

I suppose if you manage to find the old file you could manually change it but I really like the new system, it helps the rest of us differentiate between all the people who can't be bothered to pick a custom one

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

I suppose if you manage to find the old file you could manually change it but I really like the new system, it helps the rest of us differentiate between all the people who can't be bothered to pick a custom one

Do you have access to the old file? I prefer that picture, but if not, then I can see what I can find then. 

Not sure what the update did, but I have to now use a whole different browser to even get the darn thing display right or even to post.   ....thank goodness I have one of the rare few laptops out here with a second browser option.

This is how it looks in IE 11.  Have to say, something has wacked out the layout.

Capture.PNG.af64ba4e859271af1878016b2b0d6d47.PNG

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

Just now, fpo said:

Do you have access to the old file? I prefer that picture, but if not, then I can see what I can find then. 

I don't but I have an idea... hold on

4 minutes ago, fpo said:

Here you go:

84c1e40ea0e759e3f1505eb1788ddf3c_default

:D

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

2 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

snip

Thank you!

2 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I don't but I have an idea... hold on

Thanks, but I think PCGuy beat you to it :P 

I appreciate your willingness to aid though!!! :) 

3 hours ago, MSWindowsinside said:

That makes the replies look equally misaligned though:|

rip

Main Rig | Personal Build | Windows 10 | R7 2700x 3.7~4.3ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B450-I | 16gb DDR4 3200mhz | GTX 1080 FE | Coolermaster Elite 130 | Corsair H60 | WD Blue SN500 500GB NVMe SSD + 1tb WD Green HDD + 1tb WD Blue HDD

Laptop | HP m6-w102dx | Windows 10 | i7-5500u 2.4~3.0ghz | 8gb DDR3L | GT 930m 2gb| 120gb Sandisk SSD

Phone | Pixel 3 | Verizon | 64gb

No, because my chrome plugin recognizes all the new reactions as images and expands them when I hover over them. 

Spoiler

reactions.thumb.PNG.bb6bf45dcaf68e0531930fa716b00610.PNG

Personal build >  New-ish AMD main gaming setup           

PLEASE QUOTE OR @ ME FOR A RESPONSE xD 

58 minutes ago, Megah3rtz said:

No, because my chrome plugin recognizes all the new reactions as images and expands them when I hover over them. 

Reveal hidden contents

If you can't disable it for this site, its bad plugin.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

If you can't disable it for this site, its bad plugin.

I don't want to disable for the entire site for this one problem. 

3 hours ago, Ithanul said:

Not sure what the update did, but I have to now use a whole different browser to even get the darn thing display right or even to post.   ....thank goodness I have one of the rare few laptops out here with a second browser option.

This is how it looks in IE 11.  Have to say, something has wacked out the layout.

IE 11 support will come at some point, but for now please use a standards compliant browser.

2 hours ago, Megah3rtz said:

Hide contents

It is an image, so I'm not quite sure what we could do about that. Surely other websites have images on interactive elements too, which also break your plugin?

This isn't something that will be changed.

HTTP/2 203

10 minutes ago, Megah3rtz said:

I don't want to disable for the entire site for this one problem. 

If point of plugin is to give bigger preview without clicking actual image, I think you can either live here without it rather than suffer for minor thing which isn't issue for rest of us.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

12 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

IE 11 support will come at some point, but for now please use a standards compliant browser.

Unfortunately, IE 11 is the required browser on the laptops out here.  Other browsers are mostly disallowed.

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

I love the fact that when I wheel click or open in new window/tab on my username in the top right corner, it takes me to the page I'm currently on. Great feature. xD

3 hours ago, Ithanul said:

What do you mean about rare laptops with a second browser option?  All PCs, except possibly macs and chromebooks (DK as I don't use them) can have however many browsers you like. You just download the browser using the current browser. So not sure what you mean?

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

29 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

It is an image, so I'm not quite sure what we could do about that. Surely other websites have images on interactive elements too, which also break your plugin?

This isn't something that will be changed.

interactions on reddit, amazon, twitch, or the previous reactions did not present the same issue. 

it does not break the plugin, mousing off the image will make it disappear. it's not a huge deal just a bit annoying. 

23 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

If point of plugin is to give bigger preview without clicking actual image, I think you can either live here without it rather than suffer for minor thing which isn't issue for rest of us.

I don't see why you need to be so hostile, I'm not expecting anything to change I'm just trying to provide feedback. 

30 minutes ago, paddy-stone said:

What do you mean about rare laptops with a second browser option?  All PCs, except possibly macs and chromebooks (DK as I don't use them) can have however many browsers you like. You just download the browser using the current browser. So not sure what you mean?

Even Macs let you use chrome or firefox or anything you want.

31 minutes ago, paddy-stone said:

Locked user account with custom policies that either blacklists every browser known to the organization other than IE11, or whitelists only IE11.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

I guess me being famous is a plus :/

2 hours ago, Drak3 said:

Locked user account with custom policies that either blacklists every browser known to the organization other than IE11, or whitelists only IE11.

Yep, other browsers are only to be installed if the user absolutely requires the browser for their job (which is very few individuals).  Most of the time though, it is rare, especially on the network out here (seriously, they through fits when the HIPs is not installed properly).  Plus, you want to talk about a slow W10....they manage it with all the security software running.  Heck, you can even get your account locked for typing the wrong things in a search engine.

3 hours ago, paddy-stone said:

It is called GPOs, blacklists, and whitelists.  I sometimes have to go around to even allow authorized programs to start if the user logging in initially.  Pretty much, if the software is not on the list, you are not allowed to install.  And, if you do....well....depending on the network and software in question, it can mean either sever punishment or jail time.  Reason I am glad there are a few forums that play nice on these systems as it lets passing the boring time between fixing network issues out here go by a bit quicker.

sorta, yet not really

adds stuff, probably is like slightly heavier which is bad on my phone/laptop

ui changed so like, all of my quick taps on my phone now lead to RELOADING THE DAMN PAGE

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

19 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

-chop- 

Thanks! Much appreciated. Sites still running smooth

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series?