Is there an AIO that should be avoided?

By that, is there a brand or model that has a high number of defects?

I've been considering the NZXT Kraken x61 for awhile now. I have the hue+ and software already installed, but the price is so much higher than the alternatives I'm looking at. I'm looking at the Fractal Design Celsius S36 and Corsair Hydro Series H110i.

I have this nightmare about waking up one morning, finding one of the hoses came loose and coolant is all over the inside of my computer. How common is something like that?

I have a normal atx mobo, a corsair 540 case and a ryzen 1700x. 

1 hour ago, Sin Stalker said:

I've been considering the NZXT Kraken x61 for awhile now. I have the hue+ and software already installed, but the price is so much higher than the alternatives I'm looking at. I'm looking at the Fractal Design Celsius S36 and Corsair Hydro Series H110i.

I have this nightmare about waking up one morning, finding one of the hoses came loose and coolant is all over the inside of my computer. How common is something like that?

Personally I haven't heard about any AIO's that has started to leak. I had my Corsair H100 (the first one) for 5 years running on 4.8GHz for 4 of them, and 4.7GHz the last year before I managed to shortcircuit it by doing a silly mistake from my end, so I think AIO's are pretty solid tbh.

I bought a NZXT Kraken X62 a month or two ago, no complaints.

Specs

i9 9900K 5.1GHz 0 AVX offset

ASUS MAXIMUS APEX XI

Custom watercooling (360mm, 60mm thicc)

EVGA GTX1080 FTW DT

EVGA T2 1000W Platinum PSU

3200MHz G.Skill RGB B-die

Samsung 970 Pro 512GB

Samsung 860 EVO 2TB

Crucial MX300 1TB

There isn't really one you can avoid... Avoidance is more based on what kind of CPU you're using. I.e. you wouldn't want to use a corsair H60 to cool a 7700k. 

"The only thing that matters right now is that you're here, and you're safe."

As long as you get a well known brand one, then you don't really have much to worry about as each one will have about the same failure rating. you have to understand that these companies do not want their product to be known as one that will fail and leak in an expensive computer, so they get to what ever lengths reasonable to have the lowest possible failure rating.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Just do not go with brands like deepcool or any budget brands because if they leak your done. Evga & Corsair for sure have your back in event of failure and I havent dealt with NZXT but I would like to imagine its the same. The Kraken and Evga CLCs are basically internally the same so go with what you like better if you do not want a Corsair unit but at the end of the day they are all the same Asetek CLCs (5th gen) I would avoid 4th gen Asetek units at this point. Besides that just avoid any used CLC that is 3+ years old if you want to use it for any meaningful amount of time~

26 minutes ago, PPCs-Kat said:

Just do not go with brands like deepcool or any budget brands because if they leak your done. Evga & Corsair for sure have your back in event of failure and I havent dealt with NZXT but I would like to imagine its the same. The Kraken and Evga CLCs are basically internally the same so go with what you like better if you do not want a Corsair unit but at the end of the day they are all the same Asetek CLCs (5th gen) I would avoid 4th gen Asetek units at this point. Besides that just avoid any used CLC that is 3+ years old if you want to use it for any meaningful amount of time~

Do you work for Performance-PCs?

2 hours ago, dave_k said:

i would grab anything Corsair, NZXT or Fractal.

The new EVGA coolers are nice too

NZXT would be last on my list tbh. CAM software now collects telemetry and will trigger malwarebytes if you have it. I had to set up a firewall rule and sign in to CAM as guest to stop malwarebytes from generating notifications constantly, and all I have is a Grid+ V2.

3 hours ago, dexT said:

Do you work for Performance-PCs?

Volunteer not paid~ 

2 minutes ago, PPCs-Kat said:

Volunteer not paid~ 

Awesome to see you're carrying Kingpin Cooling, on the next shipment from Kingpin can you guys get some F1 CPU pot extensions and insulation? And Ney RAM coolers maybe.

I have an ancient F1 Dragon EE I'd like to modernize with the heated back plate and extension maybe new hold down.

Just now, dexT said:

Awesome to see you're carrying Kingpin Cooling, on the next shipment from Kingpin can you guys get some F1 CPU pot extensions and insulation? And Ney RAM coolers maybe.

I have an ancient F1 Dragon EE I'd like to modernize with the heated back plate and extension maybe new hold down.

If your for sure gonna buy them we can custom order them in for you as long as its still made by them! Just PM me~

4 minutes ago, PPCs-Kat said:

If your for sure gonna buy them we can custom order them in for you as long as its still made by them! Just PM me~

Alright I will in the near future when I'm going pimp my pot. Thanks.

Almost all first gen AIOs should be avoided because of the newer models. The X61 has a good track record and the x62 should be better, in looks anyway. 

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

18 hours ago, Sin Stalker said:

all of them tbh :P

Faith: WIP

Cpu: intel 6700k

RAM: g.skill ripjaw v 3200mhz 16 18 18 38 2n 32gb 4x8gb

MB: Asrock extreme 7+

GPU: GTX 1080 TI Poseidon Platinum Asus ROG
PSU: Cougar 1050W 80+ gold

Case: IN WIN 509 ROG [ black red ]

Cooling: Barrow Fittings, Block, 360mm x 60mm rad, 18w d5 pump, 210 res, EK blood red premix. Poseidon GPU block

SETUP: BenQ 27" 144hz|BenQ 28" 1080p VA 60HZ|Corsair Strafe RGB|Razer DeathAdDer Chroma|ATH IM70|E10k Olympus 2 amp|DX Racer King

I just have this vision from watching Bitwit, where he shows his AIO hose had come loose. It detached from his radiator and coolant destroyed his test bench.

My considerations are:

1. Corsair because I have a corsair case and keyboard, so the logos would match. It would be my "corsair build".

2. NZXT, cause I already have the CAM software for the Hue+.

3. There is an AIO I saw on Paul's Hardware and other times, that doesn't have a logo over the CPU portion, but rather this LED mirrored effect. I can't remember what AIO that is, so if anyone knows, please share. Purely aesthetics, I'd prefer this one, as I'm not a big fan of logos. 

CAM is much better than it used to be, imho, but the pump on my x62 died after only 5 months. I decided to give up AIOs, since the pumps are all made by the same company, and I don't trust them anymore.

Also, if you have ryzen, I would skip Corsair at the moment. I put one in a computer I built for a friend, but the Corsair software would not read the CPU temp correctly, and so it ran high and loud pretty much constantly. Replaced it with an air cooler and it runs much quieter. This may have been fixed in the last month or so, though.