Receiver and Center Speaker

paps511

I need a receiver and a center speaker for my living room to connect to my TV and existing speakers.

I have 1 L and 1 R and a sub, but I need a receiver to connect it all together.

What do you all recommend? It must have optical in. HDMI does not matter.

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700k CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H100i Mobo:  Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X 32GB 2133 Storage #1: 1TB 850 EVO SSD Storage #2: Western Digital Black 2TB Storage #3: Western Digital Green 4TB GPU: Gigabyte 980 Ti G1 Case: Mastercase5 PSU: EVGA 750 W G2 80+Gold Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown Mouse: Razer Deathadder Elite Monitor: LG 34UM94 Headset: Bose

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S9

What kind of LR Speakers do you have, you usually want a receiver that can output enough to the speakers with out distorting to much. For example I have a pair of Klipsch R-15m which are 80w continuous and 300w peak so I would want to get something with around 80w of power per-channel at least.

I have the Pioneer VSX-531 which i use for my computer, not too expensive and is 5.1 if you decide to add rears.

EDIT: it also does have an optical input

Spoiler

CPU: AMD R7 5800X | CPU Cooler: Corsair H115i PRO | Motherboard: MSI B550-A PRO | Memory: G.Skill RIPJAWS V DDR4 3200mhz 64GB | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra | PSU: Seasonic Prime 1300w | OS Drive: Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB | Games Drive: Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB | Media Drive: 2x WD Blue HDD 1TB in Raid 0 | Media Drive: 2x WD Black HDD 2TB in Raid 1 | Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D | Monitor 1: ASUS PB287Q UHD | Monitor 2: ASUS PG278Q WQHD

4 minutes ago, AdamHolt96 said:

What kind of LR Speakers do you have, you usually want a receiver that can output enough to the speakers with out distorting to much. For example I have a pair of Klipsch R-15m which are 80w continuous and 300w peak so I would want to get something with around 80w of power per-channel at least.

I have the Pioneer VSX-531 which i use for my computer, not too expensive and is 5.1 if you decide to add rears.

I have an older version of these

http://www.speakercraft.com/product/mt6-three-ASM87630

Seems to need 125W

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700k CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H100i Mobo:  Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X 32GB 2133 Storage #1: 1TB 850 EVO SSD Storage #2: Western Digital Black 2TB Storage #3: Western Digital Green 4TB GPU: Gigabyte 980 Ti G1 Case: Mastercase5 PSU: EVGA 750 W G2 80+Gold Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown Mouse: Razer Deathadder Elite Monitor: LG 34UM94 Headset: Bose

3 minutes ago, paps511 said:

I have an older version of these

http://www.speakercraft.com/product/mt6-three-ASM87630

Seems to need 125W

The VSX-531 should be fine, at 6ohms (which your speakers are 4/6) the receiver outputs 140W (Power Output: Watts per Channel (1kHz,1%THD@6ohm 1ch Driven)140 Watts)

You have to watch the ohms on your speakers, my R-15m are 8ohms and can output 80W, but your speakers are 6ohms so you should be fine.

But I am just one opinion.

Spoiler

CPU: AMD R7 5800X | CPU Cooler: Corsair H115i PRO | Motherboard: MSI B550-A PRO | Memory: G.Skill RIPJAWS V DDR4 3200mhz 64GB | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra | PSU: Seasonic Prime 1300w | OS Drive: Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB | Games Drive: Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB | Media Drive: 2x WD Blue HDD 1TB in Raid 0 | Media Drive: 2x WD Black HDD 2TB in Raid 1 | Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D | Monitor 1: ASUS PB287Q UHD | Monitor 2: ASUS PG278Q WQHD

What are your plans for rear channels?  I know they don't need to be much but I take it you're upgrading to a surround system?  If not, just stick with the L & R, especially if you only use it by yourself.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

2 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

What are your plans for rear channels?  I know they don't need to be much but I take it you're upgrading to a surround system?  If not, just stick with the L & R, especially if you only use it by yourself.

I also have these. I was thinking of putting them in the same system

5541d8181a797e6d43cae38fdd51fdca6bf0199e.jpg

Just now, paps511 said:

I also have these. I was thinking of putting them in the same system

Ah, yeah that should be fine.  you could do 7.1 then, assuming those cubes come apart? :P  Those are really just for the occasional effect, your front and to an even larger degree your centre is really the most important

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.