Load vender.dll fail. Install VGA Driver

tinybuxtom

I recently bought a new pc but i got a problem.

My graphics card: asus strix gtx 1060 OC 6GB

I installed all the drivers from de videocard and the motherboard (also from asus)

But when i want to open the ASUS GPU Tweak II Software it gives the message: load vender.dll fail. Install VGA driver please.

I read on another topic that it had something to do with nvidea drivers not installed. So i went on asus' page and downloaded the VGA drivers for this graphics card.

I downloaded and installed it. I opened the program and it was checking for system compatibility.

That's where the problem is. It says: NVIDIA installer cannot continue, this nvidia graphics driver is not compatible with this version of windows. But i certainly know i downloaded the version for windows 10 64-bit.

I hope anyone can help me.

10 minutes ago, TinyBuxTom said:

I installed all the drivers from de videocard and the motherboard (also from asus)

But when i want to open the ASUS GPU Tweak II Software it gives the message: load vender.dll fail. Install VGA driver please.

I read on another topic that it had something to do with nvidea drivers not installed. So i went on asus' page and downloaded the VGA drivers for this graphics card.

I downloaded and installed it. I opened the program and it was checking for system compatibility.

That's where the problem is. It says: NVIDIA installer cannot continue, this nvidia graphics driver is not compatible with this version of windows. But i certainly know i downloaded the version for windows 10 64-bit.

You need to get the GPU drivers from NVIDIA's website.

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700  

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070

MOBO: ASUS Z370-F STRIX  

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2133MHz

6 hours ago, EvilCat70 said:

You need to get the GPU drivers from NVIDIA's website.

I already did and it also gives the same issue. I downloaded it for the gtx 1060. 

• 3 months later...

So I have been dealing with this problem for the last 2 days and just wanted to post what I found fixed the problem. Like the OP, I got the "Load vender.dll Fail. Install VGA driver" error as well. But I was also was dealing with the Nvidia Control Panel would not open at all and GeForce Experience kept showing I needed to update to driver 388.71, no matter how many times I installed, or uninstalled the 2 programs.

How I fixed it;

1) Check for Windows Update. Tweak was still giving me the error after updating.

2) Open GeForce Experience. Run Express installation. Tweak was still giving me the error.

3) Restart Computer

4) Open GeForce Experience. Run Custom Installation. Make sure to check the "Clean Installation" box. GeForce Experience prompted a restart. As soon as I restarted Tweak opened as soon as Windows was loaded. 

Hope this helps!

• 6 months later...
On 9/17/2017 at 5:01 PM, TinyBuxTom said:

I had the same problem with my GTX1060 6Gb, However I recently installed UPSilon 2000 for my UPS monitoring and everytime my pc started up with the program running it ave the error" Load vendor.dll fail. Please load vga drivers". When I uninstalled the program my PC was 100 again

• 1 year later...
On 7/10/2018 at 10:55 AM, HouseBite said:

I had the same problem with my GTX1060 6Gb, However I recently installed UPSilon 2000 for my UPS monitoring and everytime my pc started up with the program running it ave the error" Load vendor.dll fail. Please load vga drivers". When I uninstalled the program my PC was 100 again

This post saved my life thank you very very much 

• 3 months later...

I am Facing Same Problem Could someone please Help me.

• 5 months later...

Hello after looking here I started unistalling the latest setups... samsung magician was the cause..  RTX 2080 STRIX OC

• 1 year later...

I get this issue every now and then. sometimes a series of restarts and power switch toggles and then my pc is able to grab the graphics card (MSI gtx 1060 OC 3GB) but this post

On 1/7/2018 at 8:03 PM, DaveCN5 said:

So I have been dealing with this problem for the last 2 days and just wanted to post what I found fixed the problem. Like the OP, I got the "Load vender.dll Fail. Install VGA driver" error as well. But I was also was dealing with the Nvidia Control Panel would not open at all and GeForce Experience kept showing I needed to update to driver 388.71, no matter how many times I installed, or uninstalled the 2 programs.

How I fixed it;

1) Check for Windows Update. Tweak was still giving me the error after updating.

2) Open GeForce Experience. Run Express installation. Tweak was still giving me the error.

3) Restart Computer

4) Open GeForce Experience. Run Custom Installation. Make sure to check the "Clean Installation" box. GeForce Experience prompted a restart. As soon as I restarted Tweak opened as soon as Windows was loaded. 

Hope this helps!

does not work if you are getting OPs actual issue is that regardless if you use geforce experience or dl drivers directly, the error still occurs that "NVIDIA installer cannot continue, this nvidia graphics driver is not compatible with this version of windows" however this is the latest version of windows 11