whats best gpu for mining

hi just starting mining whats the best gpu for mining ?

For starters, mining is pointless, you're just wasting money and barely making a few cents/dollars a day before electricity bills. Just keep that in mind. As for the actual topic, as @Metal_Kitty suggested, just look it up.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

4 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

For starters, mining is pointless, you're just wasting money and barely making a few cents/dollars a day before electricity bills. Just keep that in mind. As for the actual topic, as @Metal_Kitty suggested, just look it up.

Nah ethereum nets you a profit if you have an RX 560 or higher.

@yesman An undervolted Vega 56 draws about 130W whilst mining ethereum at around 35MH/s, so it's the best mining card to date in terms of price/watt/performance.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

4 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

An undervolted Vega 56 .....

and here we go again. no more vega for gamers :(

12 minutes ago, KenjiUmino said:

Too bad Vega really isn't as good as Pascal when it comes down to it unless you fiddlefuck with it and deal with the power bill.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

12 minutes ago, KenjiUmino said:

For what is worth Vega is indeed more towards computing than gaming, gaming the good and old GTX 980ti / 1080 are still better price to performance options.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

Just now, TheRandomness said:

Doesn't matter, it means AMD gets more money and then can make Navi good.

DOES matter. what does not matter is how good their next cards gonna be, it's worthless because no gamer will be able to buy it.

AMD should drop out of graphics cards completely and make dedicated compute cards without monitor connectors. that would make them even more money and it would change nothing for gamers (who can't buy any good amd graphics cards anyways) and miners (who don't use video output anyways) 

5 minutes ago, KenjiUmino said:

DOES matter. what does not matter is how good their next cards gonna be, it's worthless because no gamer will be able to buy it.

AMD should drop out of graphics cards completely and make dedicated compute cards without monitor connectors. that would make them even more money and it would change nothing for gamers (who can't buy any good amd graphics cards anyways) and miners (who don't use video output anyways) 

Miners would still rather get the gaming cards because they have display outs, and therefore you can resell them to make even more of a profit. Mining cards are a useless venture due to the lack of display outs anyway.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

2 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

Miners would still rather get the gaming cards because they have display outs, and therefore you can resell them to make even more of a profit. Mining cards are a useless venture due to the lack of display outs anyway.

whatever they do, gamers won't be able to buy any powerful graphics cards at a sane price any time soon.

Just now, KenjiUmino said:

whatever they do, gamers won't be able to buy any powerful graphics cards at a sane price any time soon.

Well sucks for gamers then. Graphics cards might be made for gamers, but that doesn't reserve the right for a gamer to own one at a decent price.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

It very well depends on your budget, 

I just started recently using a GTX 980ti http://amzn.to/2wIkBlu
This is a GPU I already owned before and it was giving me around $2.50 a day (or roughly $75 a month) on nicehash which is not bad.

I got my hands on a GTX 1070 from EVGA http://amzn.to/2wNJYgV, it is a wonderful card, also this one was netting around $2.50 a day (similar to my GTX 980ti)

after some research I decided to buy a 1080ti, I found that the MSI Gaming X edition is one of the best for the buck http://amzn.to/2ywQY3Y

but if you have a bit more money to spend, I think I would recommend this one http://amzn.to/2wIEpFum this will net you around $3 to $4 a day (i.e roughly $120 a month)

I must admit that I have overclocked my 980ti (so it might vary from card to card)

If these cards above are too expensive 

I would recommend trying the 1060ti (the 6gb Version) http://amzn.to/2xZwEeK
or maybe switch to amd and go for a RX 580 http://amzn.to/2yxGQYL which in my opinion is far better than the 1060ti

Also, if you want to get into mining, I would recommend to start as soon as possible with the cards you have. (check if your cards are profitable first (obviously))

Enjoy and Happy Mining :)

On 9/17/2017 at 10:32 AM, KenjiUmino said:

You have just as much chance to buy them as the miner.