Custom Sleeving Help: Will the arc thing work on full sleeved cables

Will it work to do the arc this (you know the thing where you make the inner cable shorter than the outer cable) on fully sleeved psu cables or will this only work on extenions??

Comic Sans!

Not really, to make it perfect you would have a 1:1 pin layout, and as far as I know, there is none. 

- Martin

Contact us for a quotation or a chat [Modguru shop] [Facebook] Creating the highest quality products ever

36 minutes ago, modguru said:

Not really, to make it perfect you would have a 1:1 pin layout, and as far as I know, there is none. 

- Martin

But can i use the arc method to make it look somewhat better

Comic Sans!

5 hours ago, SpeedyDucky said:

Will it work to do the arc this (you know the thing where you make the inner cable shorter than the outer cable) on fully sleeved psu cables or will this only work on extenions??

It depends on the PSU you have since some units have a lot of cable crossover while others aren't so bad. 

On 9/15/2017 at 11:23 PM, W-L said:

It depends on the PSU you have since some units have a lot of cable crossover while others aren't so bad. 

I have an rm 750x

Comic Sans!

1 hour ago, SpeedyDucky said:

I have an rm 750x

I don't have a pinout for that unit but pretty sure there is a fair bit of cable crossover, you'll need to map it out and determine the pinout of the unit to compare with the ATX standard. 

On 9/19/2017 at 9:13 AM, W-L said:

I don't have a pinout for that unit but pretty sure there is a fair bit of cable crossover, you'll need to map it out and determine the pinout of the unit to compare with the ATX standard. 

500x1000px-LL-782d7776_CorsairRM750.jpeg

courtesy of http://www.overclock.net/t/1420796/repository-of-power-supply-pin-outs

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

On 9/15/2017 at 11:27 AM, SpeedyDucky said:

The arch or rainbow effect, it can work on all cables if you know how to cut & sleeve the wire properly. CableCombs can also help arch the cable as well. The main ATX can be very difficult due to all the crossing wires & double wires needed to create the cable.

I was able to do it with mine. However you will get to the point will all wires start to cross one another like so(This part should be hidden):

X41DgQil.jpg

I don't have a picture of full arch of my cable but it can be done. Here is a picture before connecting the second set of housing.

nmIJS02l.jpg

On 9/15/2017 at 11:42 AM, modguru said:

- Martin

The main ATX no, some other cables are almost 1:1.

Current Build: Project Frost
Gaming Rig Build: Project Ice Dragon

Will it void my warranty if i cut of the cable sleeve around the cables on the stock psu cables

1D07pRv.png

Comic Sans!

On 9/22/2017 at 8:42 PM, Revan654 said:

The arch or rainbow effect, it can work on all cables if you know how to cut & sleeve the wire properly. CableCombs can also help arch the cable as well. The main ATX can be very difficult due to all the crossing wires & double wires needed to create the cable.

I was able to do it with mine. However you will get to the point will all wires start to cross one another like so(This part should be hidden):

X41DgQil.jpg

I don't have a picture of full arch of my cable but it can be done. Here is a picture before connecting the second set of housing.

nmIJS02l.jpg

The main ATX no, some other cables are almost 1:1.

That arc is good enough for me i just wanted it to look a bit cleaner then just being completely straight.

Comic Sans!

1 minute ago, SpeedyDucky said:

That arc is good enough for me i just wanted it to look a bit cleaner then just being completely straight.

Adding combs and then molding it will give the look. All my wiring is exactly the same size, I didn't cut one side shorter then the other. I use thicker wiring which allows it to be crafted to shape you want it to look like.

You could make a shorty cable then create a extension cable from the shorty cable. Which will be 1:1 & has zero double wires or crossing wires.

9 minutes ago, SpeedyDucky said:

Will it void my warranty if i cut of the cable sleeve around the cables on the stock psu cables

1D07pRv.png

The warranty is for the PSU it self not the cables. PSU makers never ask you to sent cables back with the PSU when replacing the PSU. just make sure you know the pin layout for your PSU before removing terminals from the housing. Have fun will all the remaining glue left behind from the heatshrink.

Current Build: Project Frost
Gaming Rig Build: Project Ice Dragon

1 minute ago, Revan654 said:

Adding combs and then molding it will give the look. All my wiring is exactly the same size, I didn't cut one side shorter then the other. I use thicker wiring which allows it to be crafted to shape you want it to look like.

You could make a shorty cable then create a extension cable from the shorty cable. Which will be 1:1 & has zero double wires or crossing wires.

The warranty is for the PSU it self not the cables. PSU makers never ask you to sent cables back with the PSU when replacing the PSU. just make sure you know the pin layout for your PSU before removing terminals from the housing. Have fun will all the remaining glue left behind from the heatshrink.

The reason i want to remove the sleeve thing is to draw a pinout

Comic Sans!