What's the Origin of the Nickname You Go By?

PlayStation 2

It was David because that’s my name

Then Thor, idk why

Then Thor the Starseer because my dad played Octopath Traveler and I liked the Starseer class

Then Ragnarok

Then Ragnarok0 because no one uses a 0

Then ragnarok0273 because yes, this is the name I used when I signed up

Then FakeKGB because of a bet with @FakeNSA

And RealKGB everywhere else

I even have the 1977 Soviet National Anthem on my phone to fully embrace it

elephants

Fun fact (well not at all, but still): Nowadays people assume my screen name comes from Game of Thrones, by adding an extra R to Varys. But nope! Long ago I read a series of books that became my favorite series for about 10 years, Jack Whyte's Camulod Chronicles. A character in it is named Varrus, and I thought it looked cooler with the Y for a user name.

Way back when, in the AOL days, I used Cooley66 because it was the closest I could get to Cooley61, an enemy in Phantasy Star 2. Just sounded like a neat user name.

5600x/RTX 4080

“1. Never tell everything at once.” - Ken Venturi's Two Great Rules of Life

My initials are EDK, and I love tech.

If my post helped you please hit the "Solved" button below ✅

Gwyn is my middle name, and for a very long time I’ve been using it in more casual settings both online and in real life, to the extent it’s generally referenced as my only name.

Youll see me referred to or referring to myself as Gwyn in all sorts of places.

8TG is actually reference to a video game account I made some years ago with some friends as an alt for the sole purpose of storing large amounts of stolen items and currency, the specific game will remain unnamed because that account name is still actively used in a lot of places by not just myself but entirely different people for non nefarious purposes

It stuck around because we found it hilarious that in this specific game, the name wasn’t taken yet, despite everyone presuming all 3 character names had been taken.

And after using it everywhere else, surprisingly it was available in tons of places, including a lot of other super old games where you would think all 3 character names would be gone.

Hence why it’s a go-to whenever I make an account anywhere these days. Anything that’s mostly unimportant, I use this name.

You’ll find 8tg’s everywhere, they’re not all me but I’m not gonna lie, most of them are me just making accounts I forgot about.

x2 = squared

x3 = cubed

x4 = hypercubed

Just something I randomly thought of one day and decided that it would make a cool username. I use it everywhere now; it's also my producer name

my name before that was superjosh364 (cringe) but I still liked that number so if hypercubed is ever taken I use hypercubed364

Vishera is the code name of the CPU architecture of the CPU i had at the time of registration.

Piledriver = Vishera

Bulldozer = Zambezi

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566