What's the Origin of the Nickname You Go By?

PlayStation 2

I've been a Chevy dude since i can remember, the nickname really stuck when i got my first car (a Chevy C10)

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

See, back when I was a wee little weeb, I actually thought that shit like 'Love Hina' was the absolute tits. However, probably due to the brain-damage suffered from reading harem trash, I always read the main character's as 'Urishima' instead of 'Urashima'. Seriously, it took me like 9 volumes to notice my mistake, but by then I had chosen the name as my online handle.

I am recovered now, btw.

I deal in shitposts and shitpost accessories.

I go by 2 nicknames.

The main one is GVmG and it comes from GV (my initials) and makesGames because I was an edgy teen who wanted to make games (now I'm an edgy 21yo who wants to make games).

The other one is Rainfall (sometimes just Rain or Heavy Rain or similar rain-related stuff), because... I like rain. Nothing more obscure.

Decided I need a new username and picked the first word that came to mind.

It's a pity everyone calls me Frodo now tho because they haven't read the book 

That's an F in the profile pic

• 4 months later...

My name is Ao which is Japanese for Blue and I like alliterations.

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 Ghz  | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 |  PaliT GTX 1050Ti  |  8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2933 Mhz  |  Corsair CX550m  |  1 TB WD Blue HDD

Inside some old case I found lying around.

Oh, i have many!

Online:

"Chevy_Monsenhor": Talked about this one loads of times, i always a big Chevy fan and knew a lot about the brand and models, one day i was speaking to a classmate that was also a very big Chevy fan, he then proceeded to call me "Chevy Monsenhor", to this day i think he meant to call me "Chevy Wizard" or something, but i though it sounded cool so i stuck with it.

"1984_C10": Year and model of my truck, a 1984 Chevy C10.

IRL:

"Guto": first one i remember having, a diminutive from my second name (Augusto)

"Chevy": Again, folks call me this one frequently.

"Diesel": I also happen to like Diesel powered trucks a lot.

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

My IRL name is Sam, but there's an outgoing joke between my friends, that once 1 stranger insisted that I'm a guy he knows by the name Frank, he stated that we 100% look-alike. 

Tsundere dragon, why else? 

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

• 2 months later...

I did one of these for the avatar and now it's the Display Name's turn.

MrFixitBlankFace

That's mine

I guess its because at the house I am known as "Mr. Fixit" because I'm always screwing and unscrewing.    And my avatar is sort of a "BlankFace" guy, so there you have it.

Combine the two and it's: MrFxitBlankFace

Won’t visit often..

Zusafek. One of my gamer names. Name of my main characters in WoW, SWTOR, and about any game I can rename with. 

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

Asus ROG B450f gaming Mobo

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Thermaltake Toughpower 650w DPS RGB 80+Gold

16 Gigs ddr4 3000 gskill ram

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop

Eluktronics Prometheus XVII

Ryzen 7 5800h

32 gigs ddr4 Corsair ram

Nvidia rtx 3080 max-p

17.3 qhd 165 hrz screen

1tb Samsung m.2

1tb WD black m.2

My nickname irl is Rorz and I’m from NZ. 

Probably a pretty common story, made it when I was like 8, and never stopped using it.

I was playing a Zelda game at the time, and when I needed to choose a username for a new game I choose "Linker500".

Now I like to pretend it has nothing to do with the game...

Desktop:

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 @3.75* RAM: 2 by 8gb G.Skill Flare X 2400 @2666* GPU Strix GTX 1070 @1880-ish

Storage: Samsung 860 Evo 500gb; 2x 2tb Seagate Barracuda Drives; 1tb hdd (It died after 4 years :();

Laptop: (HP Stream 11-y010nr "Spent all my money on my Desktop" Edition)

CPU: Intel Celeron N3060 @160 BILLION hertz RAM: 400 BILLION bytes Samsung DDR3L @160 BILLION hertz 

GPUIntel HIGH DEFINITION Graphics @32 BILLION hertz

Storage: 32 TRILLION bytes of SOLID STATE emmc C drive with 64 TRILLION bytes of SOLID STATE microSD card D drive.

*Overclocked around 25% of the time... questionably stable.

27 minutes ago, Linker said:

Probably a pretty common story, made it when I was like 8, and never stopped using it.

I was playing a Zelda game at the time, and when I needed to choose a username for a new game I choose "Linker500".

Now I like to pretend it has nothing to do with the game...

You were here when you were 8?

Thumbs up!?

Won’t visit often..

Drake is an under appreciated name.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Here is an older thread in case you want to read up on some other name origins:

Here is mine:

My 15 year old self wanted to have a cool/unique gamer tag when we got our Xbox 360. I thought it would have been funny when people read my gamer tag, Disgamesuxba11s (This game sucks balls), over comms, making them coming off as being butt hurt about the game. It was different, and 99.99% of time, this username is available; for forums, I simply change it to "site" instead of "game." I don't mean any ill will about it and particularly DON'T think the sites that I create accounts for sucks balls. If they do suck, they are not worth the effort of me making an account.

If you see this handle on games and other forums, more than likely it is me so feel free to say "Hi!"

Combo of my real name and nickname I was given in school .. no one to this day knows where, who or why the name came about .. it came .. it stuck

~~~~Started Folding - Feb 7, 2019~~~~

Refrence to the developers who ignited my passion for pc gaming and coding

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

I thought xKyric both sounded, and looked nice.

"Make sense? Oh, what fun is there in making sense?"
-Discord

Dildor - a nickname

theDecent - hyperbole

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

🤔

Lady Fitzgerald was my stage name back when I used to attend and work Renaissance Festivals.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!