What's the Origin of the Nickname You Go By?

PlayStation 2

Sorry if the title isn't very self-descriptive, really couldn't phrase it better. You can discuss your online name, your irl nickname, or whatever that counts as a nickname, really.

My IRL nickname is Jake, and to give you a little background, my name is Jacob. I don't really care which you call me but I personally go by Jake when applicable.

My online nicknames are currently Dan Castellaneta and DoctorReptar. I've described the former many times, and the latter kinda sprung out of a reinterest in Rugrats, and the character Reptar specifically.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

I'm Koby, and Kobathor (Koh-buh-thor, not koh-bath-er) was my "wizard name" when I was 11. Works for other stuff I guess.

I used to be quite active here.

When I first started modding, friends would look at what I was doing, and say I was mad. Things like cutting apart 2 cheap cases, and using them to build one good one. Making my own fan controllers, when I could have just bought one, etc.

Best Excuses:

#1(simple) "Well, I never liked that stupid thing anyway!"

#2(complex) "Obviously there was a flaw in the material, probably due to the inadvertent introduction of contaminants during the manufacturing process."

3 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

frantically searches

He's the cop who puts a ticket on Homer's car parked right in front of the World Trade Center in the episode where they go to New York. The next episode was the Skinner / Arman Tamzarian episode that killed the series for me.

Just now, SteveGrabowski0 said:

He's the cop who puts a ticket on Homer's car parked right in front of the World Trade Center in the episode where they go to New York. The next episode was the Skinner / Arman Tamzarian episode that killed the series for me.

Ah, The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson. That episode's pretty good, although I haven't watched that one in a while.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

It's pretty self explanatory. My other online name is ILOVECABBAGE, and it's also pretty self explanatory. 

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

1 hour ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Ah, The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson. That episode's pretty good, although I haven't watched that one in a while.

It's pretty funny, but the show went so far downhill after that. Pre 1998 The Simpsons was easily the greatest show in the history of TV. It had so many legendary episodes, like Bart selling his soul to Millhouse, the death of Bleeding Gums Murphy, Lisa falling for her substitute teacher, and so on. It felt like such an intelligent show until 1998 when they turned Homer from lovable dumbass to total asshole. It's sad now that it's hard to think of The Simpsons as anything but a total train wreck. It has been an awful and unwatchable show for almost 20 years now.  I mean that's most of the series' run. Every year I still try to watch one new episode from the current season to see if maybe the writers got their act together, and every time I'm so disappointed to see a bad sitcom with simplistic jokes. I can't believe the show hasn't become unprofitable yet. But it was so great before the Tamzarian episode.

My IRL nickname is an extension of my real name. I actually don't know if nicknames work like that. It went from John to Johnny :/

uuhhhhhh......    it ryhmes?

The only reason I'm here is that I have homework that I don't want to do

PC  Specs   CPU: Intel Celeron N3060 |GPU: Intel HD graphics 400 |RAM2 gigs  |STORAGE16 gigs

It took me half an hour to find where to change my signature :(

11 hours ago, Bigbootyjudy said:

uuhhhhhh......    it ryhmes?

OMG we have the same nick name. When I was in high school we had a study hall day for band class (basically just catch up on homework during band) and a few of my friends were in the hallway right outside the door. Also right outside the door is a bubbler (or water fountain as some people call it). When I bent over to get a drink one of my friends goes "woah, Big Booty Judy", and since then it stuck. The nickname has kind of been refined to just "Judy" and thats mostly what my friends use.

MAIN RIG: Dell Precision T5500 -CPU: Intel Xeon W5580 (4c,8t@ 3.2ghz,turbo 3.46) -MOTHERBOARD: Dell Precision T5500 OEM -RAM: 16gb ECC DDR3 FBDIMM (Hynix) -GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770  OC WINDFORCE X3 -Case: Dell Precision T5500 OEM -STORAGE: 240gb ADATA Premier SP550 (OS, Programs), 2x 500GB WD Caviar WD5000AAKS (Games, Files) (RAID 0) -PSU: Dell Precision T5500 OEM (875w) -DISPLAY(S): Primary: Acer AL2016w (1680x1050), Left and Right: Gateway FPD1976W (1440x900), Extra displays around the room: 42" Vizio TV (1920x1080) -COOLING: Dell Precision T5500 OEM -KEYBOARD: Logitech G710+ -MOUSE: Logitech G502 Proteus Core -SOUND: Logitech x320 and Razer Electras -OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10 Pro x64

LAPTOP: Dell Precision M6500 -CPU: Intel Core i7 920xm (4c,8t@2.0ghz,turbo 3.2ghz) -RAM: 12gb DDR3 -GPU: ATi Firepro M7820 -STORAGE: 240gb ADATA Premier SP550 (OS, Programs), 500GB Seagate STL500LM000 SSHD (Games, Files) -DISPLAY: 1920x1200 17.3” -OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10 Pro x64

SECONDARY RIG: -CPU: 2x Intel Xeon x5450 (4c, 4t ea., 8c, 8t @3ghz total) -MOTHERBOARD: Corvalent BDPEX -RAM: 14GB ECC DDR2 (Mix Match of Brands) -GPU: Nvidia Quadro NVS 285 -CASE: No Case (Everything is mounted on the wall in my closet) -STORAGE: 160GB WD Caviar SE WD1600AAJS (OS, Programs, Files) -PSU: 450w BFG -DISPLAY: Samsung UN22D5000 (1920X1080) -COOLING: Dell Precision T5400 Heatsinks and some random fans -KEYBOARD: Logitech G105 -MOUSE: Logitech M215 Wireless Mouse -OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 7 Professional x64

NAS: -CPU: Intel Pentium e2180 (2c, 2t@2ghz) -MOTHERBOARD: HP Compaq DC5800 OEM -RAM: 2GB DDR2 (Unsure of Brand) -CASE: No Case (Everything is mounted on the wall in my closet) -STORAGE: 500GB HGST (Backup) -PSU: HP Compaq DC5800 OEM (300w) -DISPLAY: Samsung UN22D5000 (1920X1080) -COOLING: Cooler Master Hyper 101a (Zip Tied) and some random fans -OPERATING SYSTEM: FreeNAS 9.10 (Running From USB Flash Drive)

FOLDING RIG: Dell Precision T5400 -CPU: 2x Intel Xeon X5450 (4c, 4t ea., 8c, 8t @3ghz total) -MOTHERBOARD: Dell Precision T5400 OEM -RAM: 32gb ECC DDR2 (Hynix) -GPU: Nvidia Quadro NVS 290 -CASE: Dell Precision T5400 OEM -STORAGE: 250gb WD 250ABYS (OS, Programs, Files) -PSU: Dell Precision T5400 OEM -DISPLAY: Dell 1707FP (1280x1024) -COOLING: Dell Precision T5400 OEM -OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10 Pro x64

PHONE: iPhone 7 32GB Matte Black (Sprint)

It's just my middle name. It's my go-to when other stuff is taken or I just can't be bothered. RL nicks are Kat or sometimes Kitten, both follow kinda naturally from my first name.

Anyone who tells you that you can't do something is unimaginative and probably a coward.

Well my first name is Joseph... So... I go by all nickname variants, as seen below:

Joseph

Joe

Joey

Joe-Joe

The Illustrious Paragon of Mankind formerly known as Joey.

Josephina

Broseph

Brosephina

I hate all of them other than the first 3. I primarily go by Joe nowadays, except with my family and highschool friends who know me as Joey. My girlfriend, her family, some newer friends, and my coworkers know me as Joe.

14 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

...It's my first name... o.O

13 hours ago, Erik Sieghart said:

Me too, weird.

Same.

Joe is my nickname of Joseph.

K is my last name abbreviated.

And I threw "Ok" on the front to make it sound cool.

It's a play by Moliere as well as a song by my favorite band (Death) plus since this goes back to my Edgelord teenage years I thought it fit me.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Used to call myself Klovn which is Clown in English. Why I did that was because I was always very unlucky, class clown etc.

Now I call myself Klovnious, and the last part added from Nostradamus with a twist so it suits better. But people usually just call me Klovn, or Clown

Specs

i9 9900K 5.1GHz 0 AVX offset

ASUS MAXIMUS APEX XI

Custom watercooling (360mm, 60mm thicc)

EVGA GTX1080 FTW DT

EVGA T2 1000W Platinum PSU

3200MHz G.Skill RGB B-die

Samsung 970 Pro 512GB

Samsung 860 EVO 2TB

Crucial MX300 1TB

The username was just 13 year old me being a dork. Yes TVwashere (with an S) was available at the time, and probably was available for everything I've ever signed up for except Twitter and Skype (I dont use either anyways so it didnt bother me), but as a 13 year old in 2006, spelling things with Z's, Q's and other letters that normally dont fit was cool. Since then It's kinda stuck. It's funny Because A, 99.98% of people dont realize it's my initials, some people cant read I guess so they say in voice chat "Tee-waz" or "Tee Vee Waz" instead of just saying TV (I've also just heard "was here", and also pronounced waHZ with emphasis on the a and z... People are weird)

As for my IRL nick name, it's Tom Tom.

TL;DR, i didnt want it but people made it stick and now I'm good with it

No, not because It's after the GPS's, although I'm coincidentally good with directions and remembering landmarks and locations, but I'm terrible with road names. Anyways, the nickname came up in a CAD class in 9th grade. I sorta had a knack for the software since I had fiddled with it in 6th grade, so the two kids next to me were always impressed, and being skater kids gave me some other nickname thats not relevant at all. I kinda liked it so I started using it on signatures within the project, and the teacher (Who I swear to fucking god I dont know how he got this job he was the freaking wrestling coach and didnt know one way or the other about computers let alone CAD) said in front of the whole class "What the hell is this? Why dont you get a cool nickname, Like, I dunno, uh... Tom Tom?" Maybe it was the way he said it, or the fact that he suggested it, but I rejected the idea initially and persisted on using the other nick name. Tenth grade rolls around, and two different  students who were in the same class in 9th grade who were present when meat head coach suggested the current nickname start calling me it, to which I'm less resistant but dont make a big deal about it. At some point I meet my best friend in high school, she gets wind of the nick name and since we always hung out for the rest of my high school life she would just ay "Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom" in that almost annoying female voice, and it just stuck. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

i just suck at coming up with nicknames so I just got my first pc case the cooler master elite 430, so when I was making my account I took Elite and slapped my age at the end of it. Now I go by TopShotSackett on the internet. TopShot because I play fps games (and I pretty good) and I took it from the TV show and Sackett is from a really good book series. If I could I would change my name on here to TopShotSackett. IRL I don't have any nicknames just my name 

[NEW System] (CPU) i7-4790k (mobo) ASUS maximins V (GPU) AMD R9 380x (CPU cooling) Corsair h100 (PSU) EVGA 800w (Monitor's) LG 32" ultrawide @ 75hz and a Asus 27" IPS logitech g602 mouse

[OLD System] (CPU) amd athlon x4 760k@ 4.4ghz/ (mobo) MSI FM2-A55M-E33/ (GPU) Gigabyte windforce 7870 / (CPU cooling) Corsair h100/ (PSU) Corsair CX 430w/ (monitor) dell 1980x1080@60hz 21"/ a logitech keyboard and mouse. Phone: Samsung S5  Galaxy s10e .

OLD Laptop: Dell Latitude E6410 with i5 520m and Nvidia NVS 310

Laptop's: Dell precision m2800 i7 4610m with amd firepro w4170m

other laptop Asus.

God mode cheat code from a long lost game called Airfix Dogfighter even had it put on my high school ring when I graduated.

"The Codex Electronica does not support this overclock."

My 15 year old self wanted to have a cool/unique gamer tag when we got our Xbox 360. I thought it would have been funny when people read my gamer tag, Disgamesuxba11s (This game sucks balls), over comms, making them coming off as being butt hurt about the game. It was different, and 99.99% of time, this username is available; for forums, I simply change it to "site" instead of "game." I don't mean any ill will about it and particularly DON'T think the sites that I create accounts for sucks balls. If they do suck, they are not worth the effort of me making an account.

If you see this handle on games and other forums, more than likely it is me so feel free to say "Hi!"

I like the name Drake, pyo.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

I remembered the game mode "Spec Ops" in MW2 so I changed my name to "Kek Ops" because 90% of the time I play games I always try to laugh and have fun. I took on kek a while because I knew it was said instead of lol and lol ops didn't sound as good. Now I'm sort of regretting it for obvious reasons.