console vs pc i guess?

penmaster33

so what do consoles do better I'm not trying to say pc is better than consoles, consoles are fun I like the ps2 but I mean like what do consoles do better?

15 minutes ago, penmaster33 said:

what do consoles do better

There more accesible but that can be applied to both sides

There Cheaper but that applies to both sides

Exclusives  but that aplies to both sides

not having to worry about not good perforamance

My life

i love the portability aspect of the switch, the social aspect of it, how you can have on device multiplayer. overall consoles have exclusives, cheaper for the same hardware, plug and go, take up less space, have features such as HDR 4k support like the Xbox one S. 

Value I guess? I mean for $350 you get new parts, optimized games, and an OS. For someone who doesn't want to put in the time or effort to building a budget PC, or doesn't want to risk buying used, something like a ps4/xbox one don't seem that bad.

Ya not to mention the xbox one (s?) includes a 4k (..hdr?) blu-ray player.

Ion (Main Build)                                                                                        Overall Setup

i5 6500 3.2 GHz                                                                     -Blue snowball (White) thanks goodwill

MSI Mortar Arctic                                                                   -Logitech K120

Asus 1060 6GB Dual                                                             -Logitech Daedalus Prime G302

PNY CS1311 120 GB                                                            -Mousepad I made in 1st grade with my name on it                                                 

WD Caviar Blue 1 TB                                                              

Crucial Ballistix Sport LT White 16GB (8x2GB) 2400

NZXT S340 White

Corsair CXM 450W 

Lenovo H320 (Old Pre-built PC)                                      Possible upgrade for H320          

i5 650 3.2 GHz (heh)                                                                                    Xeon X3470

Motherboard unknown                                                       Same Motherboard

iGPU                                                                                   GT 1030 (MSI Low Profile Half Height)

Crucial 240GB SSD                                                           Crucial 240GB SSD

6GB DDR3 (4+2GB)                                                           8-10GB DDR3 (4+2+2GB/4+4+2GB)

Lenovo H320 case                                                             Lenovo H320 case

Unknown PSU (210W?)                                                     Same PSU (210W?)    

58 minutes ago, QuantumBit said:

Value I guess? I mean for $350 you get new parts, optimized games, and an OS. For someone who doesn't want to put in the time or effort to building a budget PC, or doesn't want to risk buying used, something like a ps4/xbox one don't seem that bad.

true 

3 minutes ago, Himommies said:

There more accesible but that can be applied to both sides

There Cheaper but that applies to both sides

Exclusives 

not having to worry about not good perforamance

Why bring them up if they can apply to both sides seems pointless...

Exclusives? The PC has way more exclusives...

If I have a console, I'm going to worry that the game I want isn't going to run very well and look like shit.

Overall these points seem pointless. Could you maybe give a bit more insight to your view on them?

Just now, Mooshi said:

A 400 PC 9 times out of 10 sucks at gaming compared to a console.

Really? Have you seen computers like the Potato Masher? For god sake, people just google something once in a while. There are plenty of $400 computers out there that destroy consoles.

6 minutes ago, QuantumBit said:

7 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

i love the portability aspect of the switch, the social aspect of it, how you can have on device multiplayer. overall consoles have exclusives, cheaper for the same hardware, plug and go, take up less space, have features such as HDR 4k support like the Xbox one S. 

The HDR 4K player is actually something I never thought about. Good point

58 minutes ago, Mooshi said:

A 400 PC 9 times out of 10 sucks at gaming compared to a console.

how? I once found one that was better that was better than the xbox1 for like 300 

3 minutes ago, Takieght said:

$400 computers out there that destroy consoles.

make a full 400$ pc that can destroy the ps4 pro( ps4 has 4.2 tflops GPU and plays most games at 1440p, 1800p upscaled to 4k), no used parts, you have to have a mouse and keyboard. 

1 minute ago, penmaster33 said:

how? I once found one that was better that was better than the xbox1 for like 300 

Ikr. That's just misinformation and lies.

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

make a full 400$ console that can destroy the ps4 pro( ps4 has 4.2 tflops GPU), no used parts, you have to have a mouse and keyboard. 

Did you honestly just use Teraflops as a good way to compare GPU's? What, are you every 'Scorpion' fan boy ever?

Consoles take a lot less upkeep an maintenance, they don't need fiddling with to work right like PCs sometimes do. They are much better for casual gaming, there's no dreaded windows updating message. Playing with friends is much easier, and lots more people play on console. No hackers in games. Consoles are often cheaper. Etc. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

57 minutes ago, Himommies said:

oh crap i didn't press ctrl v.

It was supposed to say but it applies to both sides 

oh lmao

2 minutes ago, Takieght said:

Did you honestly just use Teraflops as a good way to compare GPU's? 

yes unlike PC consoles can use Tflops to measure relative performance, a PS4 pro can run much faster than a similar spec pc with the power of optimization. 

3 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

make a full 400$ pc that can destroy the ps4 pro( ps4 has 4.2 tflops GPU and plays most games at 1440p, 1800p upscaled to 4k), no used parts, you have to have a mouse and keyboard. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/OblivionXBA/saved/sckmGX

This computer is $450 and will kick the ass of a PS4 Pro. Before you say it's $50 more, using a PS4 Pro you have to pay for online which is $60 anyway...

I bought my one s almost exclusively for the 4k blu ray ability.  I have a 4k tv, but live out in the middle of nowhere with slow internet that can barely stream 720 consistently, and maybe 1080 on netflix from time to time due to their buffering scheme.  At the time my pc had just died (it was almost 10 years old) and I got the one s right after launch for $250 with a free game, plus it had halo included with it.  I had a 4gb external drive that I hooked up to it and all was good.  I cant build a gaming pc that will play 4k blu rays for $250 with some games included, not to mention a 4k monitor. 

1 minute ago, Takieght said:

This computer is $450 and will kick the ass of a PS4 Pro. Before you say it's $50 more, using a PS4 Pro you have to pay for online which is $60 anyway...

nope, too much, 400$, can this pc do VR? ps4 pro has PSVR what about 4k Blueray, Netflix? 

1 minute ago, Takieght said:

The PS4 pro will perform much better because of the power of optimization 

My life

2 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

Consoles take a lot less upkeep an maintenance, they don't need fiddling with to work right like PCs sometimes do. They are much better for casual gaming, there's no dreaded windows updating message. Playing with friends is much easier, and lots more people play on console. No hackers in games. Consoles are often cheaper. Etc. 

1. Hackers are in console games too just google it

2. You can make PC's the same price as consoles with better performance

3. There are OS updates on consoles too

4. How is it easier to play with friends? Steam has all of the same options as XBOX with more choices

5. What do you mean by fiddling? I don't fiddle with my PC...