Windows Activation

Stevoisboss

A friend of mine needed windows but didn't have any money for a key so I told him how to use the unactivated version and save up around 30 bucks and buy it off kinguin with buyers protection. He installed windows 10 pro and bought a windows 10 home product key. He got the error code 0x80070424, "the product key you entered didn't work. Check the product key or enter a different one". So I was wondering weather this is because he bought a home key instead of a pro key or if it is because the key doesn't work; which I wouldn't be surprised since I've had a 50/50 shot with keys not working from them. 

Unsure what power supply to pick?

Check out my HTPC build.

Quote me/others so we can help you

Comic sans is the best font

Your windows key and windows version need to be the same...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

13 minutes ago, Stevoisboss said:

A friend of mine needed windows but didn't have any money for a key so I told him how to use the unactivated version and save up around 30 bucks and buy it off kinguin with buyers protection. He installed windows 10 pro and bought a windows 10 home product key. He got the error code 0x80070424, "the product key you entered didn't work. Check the product key or enter a different one". So I was wondering weather this is because he bought a home key instead of a pro key or if it is because the key doesn't work; which I wouldn't be surprised since I've had a 50/50 shot with keys not working from them. 

buy a key on ebay they are like $2

5 minutes ago, _Dr_Eye_ said:

buy a key on ebay they are like $2

Act now and get bonus spyware with your cracked download link!

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 minute ago, Lurick said:

Act now and get bonus spyware with your cracked download link!

no just get the licence key emailed to u ive done it heaps and i have never had a bad key

He needs to reinstall into Home version. Or buy another key for Pro.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

21 hours ago, _Dr_Eye_ said:

no just get the licence key emailed to u ive done it heaps and i have never had a bad key

I was thinking of doing this but after some research these keys have a tendency to get blocked by Microsoft after a few months. How long have you had yours? 

I said screw it and purchased a copy of Home

AMD Ryzen 1700x

ASRock x370 Taichi

Corsair Vengeance RGB 16GB GDDR4 3200

EVGA GTX 1080 Ti K|NGP|N

Fractal Meshify C

Samsung Evo 960 Nvme M.2 500gb & WD Blue 1TB

Corsair TX850M Gold

Alienware AW2518H 240Hz Gsync

Audioengine A2+ & Sennheiser HD6xx /w Fiio K5 Pro

Deepcool Captain 240Pro V2

Vortex Race 3 Cherry Mx Red

Corsair Vengeance M65 PRO RGB

1 hour ago, Steemax said:

I was thinking of doing this but after some research these keys have a tendency to get blocked by Microsoft after a few months. How long have you had yours? 

I said screw it and purchased a copy of Home

my oldest one is about 6 months old