Pewdiepie uses racial slur on livestream of PUBG, Firewatch dev files DMCA

Just now, lkarej said:

There's legitimate reasons, then there's conspiracy reasons.
Both probably have some merit to them.

I personally despise the second category listed, not because they're gay, but because of how they go about it. In fact I just read something that I just saw on facebook and actually shared on my personal page.
Spoiler for those who may read this, if you're not as open minded as I am, do not read this as you'll likely just flame me anyways.

Reveal hidden contents

I am Lewis, the child of gay parents, and this is my experience of gay parents. My mother and father were never married, and while my father was homosexual, my mother identified as bi-sexual, and had spent several years in a lesbian relationship sometime prior to my birth. I was born as a result of a “one-night stand” after mum and dad had been drinking.

My parents never lived together, and I was in and out of foster care until I was about 8 years old, and only occasionally lived or stayed with my mother. During the years up until I was 13 I was in and out of foster care. I never met my father until I was two years old, and then I did not meet him again until I was 13. At that time I went to live with my father and his gay lover, my mother wanted me to spend some time with my father after not being around for my childhood.

I never liked living with them. Their “gayness” was like a religion, they seemed to constantly need to reaffirm their “gayness” through their actions. They seemed to have to prove to me that they were gay. It was like a religion, their only identity, their badge of honour. They constantly talked about it. Their “gayness” was their number one topic, more than anything else. They would introduce themselves to people by saying things like “Hi, my name is Simon and I am gay”. Straight people don’t do that. They don’t come out and say “Hi, I am Simon and I am straight”, but Dad and his partner would announce it and force it onto people.

Sexual innuendo was in everything. They were always “checking out” other guys even though they had been together 13 years. They weren’t close, yet they stayed together and I didn’t understand why. We could be at the supermarket and they would look at other guys and say things like, “Isn’t he good looking”. I was totally embarrassed. I felt that I could not bring my friends over, everything was “gay” in the house. Their behaviour was gay, the way they talked, their actions, everything. It all seemed greatly overdone and unnatural, and I was afraid of what my friends would think. I couldn’t introduce my father because I was ashamed of him. They would often make sexual comments about my friends once they had left the house, and I found this repulsive.

Dad and his partner would kiss me on the cheek. I always found that uncomfortable. They would always do it, even in my late teens. I knew from my friends and from movies and TV that teenage boys didn’t normally get kissed by their fathers.

There were few boundaries. Every couple of months I would be hit as a child. I walked on egg shells. There was always fighting between dad and his partner, and they would throw plates and food. I never felt safe. I was constantly aware of what was going on around me in the house. I felt sexually vulnerable. There were concealed cameras around the house in my private areas. I even came across video footage of me in one of their computers.

Other people thought I was gay too, and all of this deeply embarrassed me. I felt it was wrong. I felt that there was an expectation upon me that I should be gay, even though I had no feelings for males. I was expected to be gay by my gay parents. This led to great confusion within me.

There was no consideration of my feelings. They would make me food for school that I could not stand to eat. There was no checking in with me on what I wanted, or how I felt about anything.

We went to a 40th birthday party. I thought we were guests. I didn’t know Dad was the entertainment. Next thing I knew he was dressed in drag and singing Abba…I had no warning. It’s like “fat shaming” someone. I was publicly embarrassed …a lot.

I couldn’t talk to them about my puberty issues because they were not “man” enough in their behaviour or attitudes. It was like talking to women. I ended up having that conversation with a respite carer.
I remained with them both until my father left his partner when I was 17 years of age and my Dad kicked me out. 
Having nowhere else to go I continued to live with his ex-partner until I was 21. He was extremely controlling and took almost total control of my life, even down to making me sign a handwritten agreement giving him almost total authority over me in many areas of life, including total control over my bank account. Even after I had left there to make a life for myself, he still tried to contact me and exercise control over me until he was threatened with legal action.

My experience of living with gay parents left me emotionally scarred and feeling that my upbringing was both confused and confusing. There was a great void in my life that needed to be filled and never was, as I did not feel loved at any stage.

Yet, like others who have emerged from deeply disturbing backgrounds I have gone onto rekindle a growing relationship with both of my parents and also have found peace with the conservative values I now hold. Their values are not my values, but I still honour them for being my parents. To be honest without these experiences I would not have the clarity of the real issues involved in this matter.

Gays do look at straight people as homophobes if we don’t agree with their lifestyle. After living with them for all those years it left me with the view that being gay is often a “put-on” lifestyle. It’s a show. It’s all about “me, me, me” and not an ideal environment for raising children

Consequently, I will be voting against same-sex marriage in the postal plebiscite, and I urge you to also vote NO, for the sake of the protection of children.

Now, I'm not saying all gay people are like this. I'd wager most are respectable people, just like straight people. This story is the result of the second category of people listed under "the second category" in the discussion Wcreek and I are having.

If you read it and are going to flame me I'll actually report you.
I'm being very tolerant and currently following all rules.

Obviously one doesn't represent the whole group but I can see why some people still won't tolerate those of us that just want to live a life with the person I love who just happens to be a guy. But the fact that I like guys isn't something that I let define me or change how I go about my daily life. Since that's something I really don't think everyone under the sun wants or needs to know about me. It's not that I don't like that I like guys I mean I do or otherwise why would I be in a relationship with a guy? And it's not like I wouldn't want it any other way either. But I don't go preaching about it like it's a religion or I need to prove something. I don't. All the proof that you would ever need is by actions. I don't need to say that I'm gay if I give my SO a kiss or some other PDA. Which that is to be said, there is a place, time and amount of PDA that is acceptable. In some nearly most settings PDA isn't all that acceptable for straight or gay couples. But there are a few scenarios I could see PDA being okay within limit. I don't think a long face sucking session is exactly appropriate in any setting other than being home.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

1 minute ago, wcreek said:

Obviously one doesn't represent the whole group but I can see why some people still won't tolerate those of us that just want to live a life with the person I love who just happens to be a guy. But the fact that I like guys isn't something that I let define me or change how I go about my daily life. Since that's something I really don't think everyone under the sun wants or needs to know about me. It's not that I don't like that I like guys I mean I do or otherwise why would I be in a relationship with a guy? And it's not like I wouldn't want it any other way either. But I don't go preaching about it like it's a religion or I need to prove something. I don't. All the proof that you would ever need is by actions. I don't need to say that I'm gay if I give my SO a kiss or some other PDA. Which that is to be said, there is a place, time and amount of PDA that is acceptable. In some nearly most settings PDA isn't all that acceptable for straight or gay couples. But there are a few scenarios I could see PDA being okay within limit. I don't think a long face sucking session is exactly appropriate in any setting other than being home.

Pretty much how I look at it.

I make bad life decisions.

I'm willing to lay money on the line that this is Pewdiepie's modus operandi. He does something seemingly innocently, waits for it to blow up, and then profits from it. He's done it multiple times and will get away with it once more. We just need to keep the spotlight away from him this time. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

13 hours ago, Energycore said:

As long as what Pewd is doing falls under the definition of Fair Use (critique is fair use for instance), the developer has no legal right to use the copyright law to take his videos down.

Whether or not something constitutes Fair Use is a bit complicated though, and it's unclear whether what Pewd did is indeed Fair Use. But if it is then the dev has no right to take his videos down whether they call the game a marvel or a cuntfest.

Tell that to RIOT Games lol... If they ban you you're blacklisted from streaming their game or uploading vids based on their game

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

1 hour ago, 8uhbbhu8 said:

Oh i'm offended!!! Oh no!!!! Someone help!!!!

Oh man the salt is real :P If your offended, well, that sucks to be you. Its part of life and will happen weather or not you want it to. Its a game guys. People are going to swear and curse at it no matter how well they do. Its the internet. What else do you expect?!!!! Anywhere where a large group of people gather with different view points and opinions has the possibility to become toxic. Too bad. Get over it. Its life.

there's a huge difference between "swear words" and racial slurs dude.  Holy fuck how are you not getting that.

literally nobody would care if he called that guy an asshole, a piece of shit, scumbag, literally ANYTHING other than a word designed to degrade an entire group of people, and one that isn't even in any way relavent to the situation

SFF-ish:  Ryzen 5 1600X, Asrock AB350M Pro4, 16GB Corsair LPX 3200, Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro -75mV, 512gb Plextor Nvme m.2, 512gb Sandisk SATA m.2, Cryorig H7, stuffed into an Inwin 301 with rgb front panel mod.  LG27UD58.

Aging Workhorse:  Phenom II X6 1090T Black (4GHz #Yolo), 16GB Corsair XMS 1333, RX 470 Red Devil 4gb (Sold for $330 to Cryptominers), HD6850 1gb, Hilariously overkill Asus Crosshair V, 240gb Sandisk SSD Plus, 4TB's worth of mechanical drives, and a bunch of water/glycol.  Coming soon:  Bykski CPU block, whatever cheap Polaris 10 GPU I can get once miners start unloading them.

MintyFreshMedia:  Thinkserver TS130 with i3-3220, 4gb ecc ram, 120GB Toshiba/OCZ SSD booting Linux Mint XFCE, 2TB Hitachi Ultrastar.  In Progress:  3D printed drive mounts, 4 2TB ultrastars in RAID 5.

Quotes need fixing for dark theme thanks!!

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

2 hours ago, 8uhbbhu8 said:

Now the DMCA take down issue is actually a problem. They have no reason that can be actively justified to do that. It comes down once again to how they think on a personal level. I hope (no matter how much I hate Pewdiepie) that this doesn't start a trend among game devs as there are enough already (Cough Cough Wargaming, Gaijin) that do it because they're a bunch of pansys that can't stand criticism. 

They don't need a reason to file a DMCA take down.   So long as they own the copyright, no justification is required.   It certainly helps to have a legit reason for PR (so you don't look like a tool), but not as far as the law is concerned. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

1 hour ago, Phate.exe said:

there's a huge difference between "swear words" and racial slurs dude.  Holy fuck how are you not getting that.

literally nobody would care if he called that guy an asshole, a piece of shit, scumbag, literally ANYTHING other than a word designed to degrade an entire group of people, and one that isn't even in any way relavent to the situation

Oh so what. Civilization needs to stop whining about everything and stop being direct assholes to each other, but it's just a word. If you let a word get to you when you're not even the recipient you've got other problems to deal with.

Theyre only going after him bcus pewdiepie. Anyone else they wount give a shit about.

M1 MacBook Air 256/8 | iPhone 13 pro

Back in my day you would get a whuppin' for using that language. 

Damn kids..... 

I refuse to read threads whose author does not know how to remove the caps lock! 

— Grumpy old man

16 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Oh so what. Civilization needs to stop whining about everything and stop being direct assholes to each other, but it's just a word. If you let a word get to you when you're not even the recipient you've got other problems to deal with.

I think it says a lot more about the disappointingly high number of people in this thread (and in the gaming community as a whole) that think it's totally fine and cool to toss racism around than it does about me for having a problem with it.

I'm not even saying "don't be an asshole to each other" since shit talking is a huge part of online gaming.  I'm just saying "don't belittle an entire ethnic group when you do", or else people might start to say you're a racist.

Here's what's implied by jumping straight for the racial slurs as an insult:

• Being a member of the ethnic group the slur applies to is "bad"
  • Calling someone, regardless of their background, a member of said group is insulting to them
  • Calling someone a member of said group is worse than just using the standard bucket of insults

Once again, considering the points above, how am I not supposed to see you as being a racist POS if your go-to insult is to call someone a racial slur?  It's a perfectly logical conclusion to make. Fortunately it's super easy if you're okay with people thinking you're an asshole on the internet, but not okay with people thinking you're an asshole that hates black people and/or the jews.  Talk shit, just don't bring race/gender/ethnic background into it.

And adding on to that, when you're a public figure of any kind, especially one with an audience, especially when that audience includes a bunch of impressionable/dumbass kids, the shit you say carries a whole lot more weight than if joe shmoe says it.  Yeah, lots of people are assholes on the internet, but most of them don't have a platform to address millions of followers.

SFF-ish:  Ryzen 5 1600X, Asrock AB350M Pro4, 16GB Corsair LPX 3200, Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro -75mV, 512gb Plextor Nvme m.2, 512gb Sandisk SATA m.2, Cryorig H7, stuffed into an Inwin 301 with rgb front panel mod.  LG27UD58.

Aging Workhorse:  Phenom II X6 1090T Black (4GHz #Yolo), 16GB Corsair XMS 1333, RX 470 Red Devil 4gb (Sold for $330 to Cryptominers), HD6850 1gb, Hilariously overkill Asus Crosshair V, 240gb Sandisk SSD Plus, 4TB's worth of mechanical drives, and a bunch of water/glycol.  Coming soon:  Bykski CPU block, whatever cheap Polaris 10 GPU I can get once miners start unloading them.

MintyFreshMedia:  Thinkserver TS130 with i3-3220, 4gb ecc ram, 120GB Toshiba/OCZ SSD booting Linux Mint XFCE, 2TB Hitachi Ultrastar.  In Progress:  3D printed drive mounts, 4 2TB ultrastars in RAID 5.

41 minutes ago, miagisan said:

Back in my day you would get a whuppin' for using that language. 

Damn kids..... 

I remember the belt, but others might know the "chancla"...

Spoiler

Chancla is Spanish for slipper or sandal. 

#That'llTeachYa

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

who even cares about pewpiedie end of the day the guy is a massive cunt always has been and always will be

l i7 5930k | Rampage V Extreme | Corsair H110i GTX | G.Skill Ripjaws 4 16GB DDR4 3000Mhz | EVGA GTX 1070 Superclocked ACX 3.0 | EVGA SuperNova 750w G2 | Samsung 960 Evo 250GB l Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | 1 TB WD Red | Corsair 900D |

Evolution - https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/LbJq9W

CPU-Z Validation - http://valid.x86.fr/3dxmew

Sean Vanaman is a complete idiot. 

Topic was pretty much controversial to start with.

After being cleaned the thread continues to derail.

Please remember to keep conversations clean and on topic. 

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members.
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner.
  • Remember your audience; both present and future.

- Thread Locked - 

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER